So whats the general acceptance of rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Besides druids? I hear the dps is really bad now.

in Ranger

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Not so good indeed. You can try full condi bomb which is fun to play, but not really viable. Too squishy. Talking about sPvP here though, don’t know about the rest.

in Ranger

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Yeah that question requires an important context: which game mode are you asking about?

in Ranger

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

For PvP you can still run Lb power ranger,but Druid still tops it if your doing ranked.
PvEs still that one Druid build I believe but I still run my spotter cause i’m to lazy to go make new gear lol. I also have Kudzu, so y’know I gotta try to use lb as much as I can since I like that thing.
I’m not sure about WvW.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Roaming/skirmishing is still doable in WvW but druid is just much so much stronger.
The staff provides great mobility and allows you to bypass all the projectile hate. Druid also gives you ancient seeds which is great for power or condi builds. It provides another stun break, condi clear, better mobility or more stealth, better pets, and HoT provides gear with better stats (forces you to grind PvE).

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

>PvE (Dungeon/Raid/Fractals)
Still boonbots for the most part. Even without Druid, you still are to bring Spotter, Frost Spirit, and occasionally Sun.

>PvE (Open World)
Anything still works for the most part.

>sPvP/WvW
As other said, core Ranger’s still useable in different game modes, but the ESpec adds a lot to what you’re able to contribute and the tools you can access to address certain situations and encounters

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

It’s definitely a solid “meh”

Ranger | Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

We are buffers. Not a personal DPS class.
People already got used to enslaving us.

Healers / DPS boosters … Usually both together combined.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Pvp
With the nerfing of snr, I doubt rangers will see much play. Ele can out heal and bunk a team of four and pretty much every other class will out dps. With limited survivability it’s, like stated above, a solid “meh”. The only good thing going for them is some pretty solid cc.

PvE
Like all classes, pve is face roll easy. Using a zerker set allows you to sit and spam Long range shot.

WvW
Is the only real area I like my ranger. Strong sniping damage from walls like true archers. Piercing Arrows allows players to get up close and personal and swapping into celestial form gives your zerg that mobile water field everyone loves.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

WvW – over powered with some builds. Built for comfort and not speed. Druid is my goto for solo roaming, scouting, HAVOC, and what not. It isn’t about burst it is about sustain. Hence my comfort bit.

sPvP I’d say it depends on the players skill. I’ll go power LB builds and play on stronghold. Seems to fit well. Even heal mode works. There are many other players that have more skill and run double melee. I’ve always enjoyed those builds but your mileage may vary.

PvE it doesn’t matter. Ignore the new DPS meter and discussions. All classes can play in this format.

Really just comes down to personal preference. Typically I’ve found Ranger/Druid readily accepted outside the small percentage that min/maxes and does more structured play. That isn’t my playstyle so can’t comment.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

So everyone is just on metas now? Thats crap, I dont want to be stuck with one build for raiding or something oh well thanks for the replies all.

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

So everyone is just on metas now? Thats crap, I dont want to be stuck with one build for raiding or something oh well thanks for the replies all.

Not everyone runs Meta’s. I know I sure in the hell don’t.

Some formats of play you can’t really get out of the so-called meta. PvE for example. DPS is usually ideal for most parts of the game while leveling or exploring (or anything else for that matter). So people typically fall into some form of it.

Raiding, well, is a bit different. Just depends on who you are running with and their requirements. Formal raid, progression, server first? Well, you will probably play something specific to do that. Pugs, run what you brung but at least know the fights.

WvW = PvE. Unless you are again in a formal setting it is what your comfort level is.

I’m sure you see the pattern.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Dps condi is very strong..and if you are squishy as a ranger..you’re doing something wrong. Also, I have never seen anyone complain about havign a ranger in their group in like 3 years.

in Ranger

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Dps condi is very strong..and if you are squishy as a ranger..you’re doing something wrong. Also, I have never seen anyone complain about havign a ranger in their group in like 3 years.

With the removal of settlers amulet In PvP its too squishy to be viable in high tier PvP.