Solo Fractal Farming

Solo Fractal Farming

in Ranger

Posted by: Arjen.9083

Arjen.9083

I’m looking to solo farm Fractal mobs for my vials of mist essence to make an ascended back item.

Any tips on builds and pets? I’m new to lvl 80 Ranger so just learning.

Also any tips on which Fractal would be the best to Farm? I have never done one.

I could go on Thief, Guard, War, or Ele also but Ranger is more interesting to me at the moment.
Thanks!

Solo Fractal Farming

in Ranger

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Soloing fractal isn’t really efficient, since the rewards are pitiful and some fractals can’t be solo’d ( dredge, or swamp wich is soloable but requires a lot of coordination and a clockwork portal). You should seek a group and farm fractals with them. General build is 6/5/0/3/0, but you may have to take offhand training depending on the situation. Best pets for single target dps are felines, jungle stalker and moas are good offensive buffers, and some drakes have good aoes.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Solo Fractal Farming

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

Yup, fractals is not for soloing. I tried to do it with a friend multiple times but it’s just boring. I’d rather find a group and do 5 fractals than sit alone in one for hours

Solo Fractal Farming

in Ranger

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

You want Vials of Condensed Mists Essence? No problem! Do the start of the grawl fractal and farm those guys.

As you said you were learning I’d say take a carrion devourer (tanky, ranged) and a river drake (cleaving melee attack, lightning breath).

Skills wise I’d default to Troll Unguent, Signet of the Wild, Signet of the Hunt, Lightning Reflexes and Rampage as One. My weapon preference is greatsword/longbow but use whatever you’re comfortable with. I often just camp greatsword unless absolutely have to shoot something.

Beyond the grawl fractal you can just go exploring the other fractals on your own. There’s no pressure by yourself. I know the underwater fractal can be easily soloed at level 1 difficulty since I’ve done it and so have some of my guildies… same goes for uncategorised fractal (the one with the harpies and the mad asura golemancer guy), I’ve done that solo on my ranger too. But really, if you’re just interested in vials then farm some easy mobs at the start of a fractal and then bail out / restart when they’re dead.