Solo Ranger 1vX WvW [video]

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Hey guys, I decided to roam a little on my ranger and found some decent fights. Thought I’d share with you, hope you enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sX5O-zFcQDo

(I make some mistakes and some are not the greatest opponents, I know)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Condi ranger… nothing new.

Consider swapping the torch with your dagger offhand, you will have much better synergy between both main and off hand weapons.

- #4 dagger → #2 Axe
- #2 sword leap through #5 torch field

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

<yawn>

/15charrs

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: Kyotee.7851

Kyotee.7851

Wow, give the guy a break. Is he hurting anyone by sharing an entertaining video?

To the OP, I personally enjoyed the video very much. Loved watching the little Asura fly around like yoda. Well played. And you have a keen eye for dodging.

Thanks for sharing. =)

(edited by Kyotee.7851)

in Ranger

Posted by: Last Path.1948

Last Path.1948

good stuff man -great vid

in Ranger

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Is he hurting anyone by sharing an entertaining video?

No offense, but watching logs burn in a fireplace is more entertaining than a condi ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoia.3678

Zoia.3678

What’s up with all the condi hate lately?
I was out solo roaming a few days ago, and after I beat a warrior I got invited. Usually people want to say thanks for a good fight, but for the first time I got told “condi no skill”. Didn’t matter that I ran a build with more power than condi. I was apparently still a skilless condi player.
Have people been reading the forums too much lately? Is hating on condi builds what we’re supposed to do these days?

As for being boring to watch, I personally don’t see how a power ranger vid can be that different. You still press your buttons, jump around and try to kill stuff before they kill you. As long as it’s some challenging fights it shouldn’t make a difference what build you use. It’s a matter of taste, I suppose. Which means people can post a vid of themselves playing a build they enjoy if they want to?

I thought it was well played, Tricare. Like you said, maybe not the best opponents, but you were outnumbered, so it’s all good. Maybe you should include a warning that you’re running a condi build next time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

As for being boring to watch, I personally don’t see how a power ranger vid can be that different. You still press your buttons, jump around and try to kill stuff before they kill you.

Condi is hated because it’s DoT. Apply burning and then run in circles, where as power needs to be actively attacking to succeed. It’s especially bad because of P/D thieves and PU mesmers, which are about as cheesey and skill-less as possible. But, I agree, play whatever the heck you want. It’s in the game, so I have no hatred when facing condi builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoia.3678

Zoia.3678

As for being boring to watch, I personally don’t see how a power ranger vid can be that different. You still press your buttons, jump around and try to kill stuff before they kill you.

Condi is hated because it’s DoT. Apply burning and then run in circles, where as power needs to be actively attacking to succeed. It’s especially bad because of P/D thieves and PU mesmers, which are about as cheesey and skill-less as possible. But, I agree, play whatever the heck you want. It’s in the game, so I have no hatred when facing condi builds.

I understand what you say about the more cheesy builds and watching those in 1vs1 fights isn’t too entertaining, but lately people seem to have a thing against condi builds no matter what class/build it is. It wasn’t like the OP was applying conditions and just kiting around while the conditions finished his opponent off.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I believe it’s just because everybody and their grandmothers run condition specs. People grow bored of them and want to watch less “meta”.

Also, 99% used are just the same ones over and over again. If people play something interesting, weird and are good at it, they’re praised regardless if they’re condi or power.

So not really players’ fault but developer’s for not providing new things that would actually shake the meta, like new skills and weapons.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: Dis Wiz Raps.7240

Dis Wiz Raps.7240

Fun vid, dude! I sometimes run a similar build in SPvP but I use a/d s/t to spread out the evades.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Did it feel like he completely out-played the Guardian? It did to me … which then annoyed me that the Guardian was still so bloody difficult to kill without ceasing to be a threat offensively.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Heh… if people think they can be more entertaining, I’d like to see them post their exciting gameplay. Ranger roaming is already hard enough in and of itself in a 1vX.

Fun video, btw.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.