Solo WvW footage

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: ski.4927

ski.4927

Hi all! Turkish here.

I put together some basic WvW footage from me roaming by myself. Any feedback you can give me would be great because I am always trying to improve. (With that, “such and such that you fought was a noob” is not helpful =P)

Now, don’t hate on me too much… I am brand new to using fraps and windows movie maker. I will try and get better… I promise.

If received well I will make more videos, including ones with 2 rangers roaming WvW. Djornak and I duo skirmish a LOT.

Without further ado:

http://youtu.be/e-3Mdo9L2TI

Let me know what you think, and what you might like to see different in the future.

Thanks!

Turkish Krul – Druid

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

Don’t add godawful music. It’s always the same with footages. 90% of the people who view it, like me, wont like it.
The quality is pretty bad, even at 720p.
I didn’t check the ending but at least at the start there’s nothing about what you traited and whatnot. If someone thinks your build is strong they have no idea what it is. Some people, especially Rangers, try to search for ways to make their class average, since it’s pretty kitten bad without going one of the 2 builds, so they’re more interested in the methods you use and not a fragvideo.
Also, people like commentary. I’d rather watch a commentary video with someone speaking than a music video. But that might be a bit too personal though.
It’s an interesting video because it show’s a weapon nobody uses, the sword.

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Don’t add godawful music. It’s always the same with footages. 90% of the people who view it, like me, wont like it.
I didn’t check the ending but at least at the start there’s nothing about what you traited and whatnot. If someone thinks your build is strong they have no idea what it is. Some people, especially Rangers, try to search for ways to make their class average, since it’s pretty kitten bad without going one of the 2 builds, so they’re more interested in the methods you use and not a fragvideo.
Also, people like commentary. I’d rather watch a commentary video with someone speaking than a music video. But that might be a bit too personal though.

I may well be wrong but I was under the impression almost everyone used sword, for pvp anyways I know I do.

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Arekai.5698

I play spvp and wvw only and i rarely see it.
But that’s probably also because nobody plays ranger.

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: SolidSiphon.4213

SolidSiphon.4213

lol i use sword/dagger and GS…i liked the vid…and good music…hears my vid

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: Dagimus.5789

Dagimus.5789

The video is not horrible. The music and some animations synch up, which is also not horrible. Sword and torch are so last month. Why not dual axe? I can win skirmishes all night with double axe. Dark Roast must needs his murder death kills.

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Like the music, maybe next time upload in better DPI as not so hard on the eyes. Cool build allot different what I run.

Also don’t listen to Arekai, good chance he one of them known it all QQ’ers who have no idea how to play a ranger.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Arekai.5698

A QQ’er who can’t play Ranger…
Hmm you’re not online now, but whisper me when you get online so we can join an empty sPvp server.
Maybe that clears how much i know about my class and how much you know about your class.

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

A QQ’er who can’t play Ranger…
Hmm you’re not online now, but whisper me when you get online so we can join an empty sPvp server.
Maybe that clears how much i know about my class and how much you know about your class.

The number of people like you, who seem to have massive chips on their shoulders on this forum is comical and sadly a statement about modern MMOs.

Also the sword is used by a HUGE number of rangers in PVP, no idea where you get the idea it isn’t.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: Wanderer.5471

Wanderer.5471

v.nice video, my pc can’t run fraps at all without my game lagging to crap so i can sympathise with the quality issues, but v.nice footage none-the-less.

i agree with arekai that i always prefer commentary to music, but the annotations are a nice touch, a mini-commentary in their own right.

i find more and more ppl playing rangers in pvp these days, ~30% use sword. I had to lol @ sword+torch being “so last month” – different weapons work in different situations and with different builds it just so happens i was using dual axes last month!

(edited by Wanderer.5471)

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

I want to see a Ranger do this, when extremely outnumbered.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

now tell us how you really feel!

i liked the video OP, and ofc bangarang is always welcome in a video.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

ski.4927

I really appreciate the kind words everyone!

Another video of Djor and I will be getting posted here shortly. I think I’ll call this one duo WvW footage. =)

As always…feedback is appreciated.

Happy hunting.

Turkish Krul – Druid

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Arekai.5698

I feel like my class is kitten.
And no, it doesn’t have anything to do with the fact that you can run 1 out of 2 viable builds in wvw that lets you kill other classes.

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

And no, it doesn’t have anything to do with the fact that you can run 1 out of 2 viable builds in wvw that lets you kill other classes.

We’re not alone in this situation.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

ski.4927

I felt the same way. And then I rolled/played a Mesmer and Guardian to 80 and got them full exotics.

I am now back on my Ranger full time…

Turkish Krul – Druid

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Ranger can’t do that because Ranger can’t do AOE damage. Half our dps comes from our pet, which is single target only. We’re not the only class in the ‘single target damage only’ boat. In fact other then Ele’s I don’t think any other class can match the Warriors aoe dps. Ok Necro theoretically could if conditions weren’t so easy to cleanse.

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

Ranger can’t do that because Ranger can’t do AOE damage. Half our dps comes from our pet, which is single target only. We’re not the only class in the ‘single target damage only’ boat. In fact other then Ele’s I don’t think any other class can match the Warriors aoe dps. Ok Necro theoretically could if conditions weren’t so easy to cleanse.

You’re wrong actually, Thief has Cluster Bomb, Mesmer has AE Confusion builds (strongest AE in the game), Elementalist are self explanatory, Guardians can easily do 4k+ AE hits with both Greatsword, and Hammer, Necro can pair with two Mesmers who stack 25 stacks of Confusion on one target, and spread those 25 stacks, and any other conditions to five other people, and in case you didn’t know; “25 stacks of Confusion will do over 9k damage each time someone takes an action”. I won’t even get into Necro wells and the combo fields they generate.

As someone who runs Superior Rune of Generosity, and Superior Rune of Purity on my meditations guardian, who can cure conditions like a boss, I can tell you that a good condition build isn’t even bothered by condition removals because they’re on long cooldowns, and you should be applying multiple conditions every second.

You see all these videos of Rangers killing other players solo who make obvious mistakes, while other classes are providing videos of killing 20, 30, and even 40 players with “four in thier group”, something no group with a Ranger could duplicate.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

(edited by jkctmc.8754)

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

vespers.1759

take a look in the other sub forums. there isn’t much good in any of them. most people generally feel that their class is the worst (except for thieves, it’s a party in the thief forum).

ranger obviously needs fixes and so do many other classes (i’m look at thieves again) but that doesn’t mean you need to take a dump on a guy’s video.

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

take a look in the other sub forums. there isn’t much good in any of them. most people generally feel that their class is the worst (except for thieves, it’s a party in the thief forum).

ranger obviously needs fixes and so do many other classes (i’m look at thieves again) but that doesn’t mean you need to take a dump on a guy’s video.

This is the difference in a Thief video, vs a Ranger video.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

vespers.1759

This is the difference in a Thief video, vs a Ranger video.

yes i was implying that thieves need a huge nerf.

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

The thief video ist just lol. Without stealth this is simply not possible. The way GW2 handles stealth makes this kind of 1 vs xx possible because simply with stealth you have all advantages on your side to troll the other players.
Wondering if that will ever change. It seems AreaNet likes the way stealth is working
There needs to be a way to counter stealth beside spamming AoE. We see in this video that AoE is pretty much worthless against a skilled player. If he doesn’t make a mistake he won’t get hit.
There are many possibilities to make stealth acceptable:
- 3-5 sec between each stealth skill
- stealth breaks on damage
- you can see the outline of a character. Has to be hard to see but possible in this case. Name tag is of course not visible
- you see steps on the ground every 2 sec so that you have an approximate idea where he is moving
- you see damage numbers when you hit him with a melee weapon (if I hit something I feel that I didn’t just hit the air)

Theres tons of ways. But I guess the actual stealth is AreaNet’s preferred version of stealth

(edited by Arpheus.6918)

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

ski.4927

@jkctmc:

That’s the difference between a thief video and anyone else’s video. Thieves need fixed. They are quite broken in PvP.

Turkish Krul – Druid

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

@jkctmc:

That’s the difference between a thief video and anyone else’s video. Thieves need fixed. They are quite broken in PvP.

I wish that were true.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: Jazenn.7526

Jazenn.7526

Im glad we can’t “kill 40 players with a group of 4”. I don’t want to. The less classes that can do this the better, it is stupid. I don’t think there’s such a problem as rangers being weak, but as certain aspects of the game being over the top. Impressive as it is, I don’t see why this is seen as a good thing or even fair at all if it is even remotely possible. It would be nice to own a party of players by myself, but honestly that ruins the game. If players win a group fight being outnumbered 1:2, using teamwork and clean mechanics(of which ranger can do with well placed spirits, wide access to combos, entangle, traps, whatever), then that is fine. Winning outnumbered 1:10 is broken.

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

ski.4927

@jkctmc

I posted a video called Solo WvW footage take 2. Check that one out. I have a few outnumbered fights in that one.

Nothing like a thief can do or like that warrior video, but on par with the Mesmer vid I think…

Turkish Krul – Druid

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: Commisar.8695

Commisar.8695

That’s AoN, a group built around huge damage and zerg crunching, they’re AoE based so rangers don’t fit in so well there, though I do know one ranger in it running a very fotm pet bunker build, so you know. Also the video as stated before shows people streaming in, it’s not a 4v40, but more like a 4v6 then a 4v7 etc etc, I was the first person to die in that video because AoN loves me so much, in retribution we killed them like 3 times with a 5-6 pug group based around doing the same thing they do

None the less on the original video, that’s pretty cool, not a fan of the music but the gameplay was decent and the build seems pretty cool.

Colhearthlevel80ThiefWithAPet/BearhearthThe BoldLevel55BubbleTank/TushyhearthLevel18 CloneRPBot.

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

im likely the ranger you speak of. i left because i couldnt fit my ranger in their paradigm no matter how well or what build i played. great bunch of guys and gals, had a blast with them. but i loves my gimpy ranger more than anything in this game >.< if i were to do things differently, i would have probably invested more time and effort into an LB/SB ranger with knight’s/zerker and piercing arrows because it was somewhat effective at times. but even then, my damage would be laughable compared to what other profs can put out at 1200. and utility for the group would be almost zilch.

frankly, all profs except for the ranger and engineer, are capable of doing something on a massive scale that can change the tide of a larger battle. even thieves built full glass cannon, stone and haste can annihilate almost any target at will on a short CD.

can i kill a gosu full zerker warrior on my ranger? sure. there’s probably nothing i cant handle 1v1. but ultimately, wtf does it matter in wvw? if you cant down multiple opponents with your group, or provide significant lasting boons on a short CD, you might as well kitten in a corner.

we’ll see where rangers stand with the upcoming aoe nerf, if it ever happens. it should make things pretty interesting.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

(edited by nerva.7940)

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

@jkctmc

I posted a video called Solo WvW footage take 2. Check that one out. I have a few outnumbered fights in that one.

Nothing like a thief can do or like that warrior video, but on par with the Mesmer vid I think…

This was an early build. There are other videos of 1v5, 1v6 odds.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

(edited by jkctmc.8754)

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

What are you guys using to frap your videos?

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

ski.4927

Turkish Krul – Druid

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

hmm, AoN was/is on SBI right?

I ran with them one night, cause a guy from their guild remembered me from Merlin DAOC.

They actually offered to run me on the ranger more often, but honestly while it was interesting, I frankly don’t think I contributed much to that setup (I could do entangle/PI bombs, but that’s about it)

I honestly did better when I switched to my thief and used Shortbow + Caltrops.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: Commisar.8695

Commisar.8695

I ran with them one night, cause a guy from their guild remembered me from Merlin DAOC.

They actually offered to run me on the ranger more often, but honestly while it was interesting, I frankly don’t think I contributed much to that setup (I could do entangle/PI bombs, but that’s about it)

Yeah AoN was, they jumped ship a few times but not because they were losing, mainly because they just wanted better fights, they’ve been on SBI/maguuma/Fort aspenwood and are currently on DB, stand up guys and gals, they don’t even stake me sometimes.
Also entangle is a monster in both a small fight and larger ones, I freaking love that move so much.

Colhearthlevel80ThiefWithAPet/BearhearthThe BoldLevel55BubbleTank/TushyhearthLevel18 CloneRPBot.

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: jhuce.2489

jhuce.2489

Hey there Xsorus.

Yeah we were on SBI, we moved to Dragonbrand. They have a limited N/A population and are in a decent teir so there is always the opportunity to fight bigger numbers. So we always have a target rich environment that we enjoy to play against.

Skill should prevail over numbers…in theory
All or Nothing – AoN

Solo WvW footage

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

@jkctmc:

I wish that were true.

The reason why this is possible is only thanks to boon generation. If people would learn to remove boons more in WvW, Elementalist and Guardians would also die a lot more. But instead, everyone always tries to burst them down, which is not possible on a player who has next to permanent regeneration, protection, aegis, and/or vigor.

You can not remove a Thief’s stealth, which would be fine if they didn’t have Cloak and Dagger to keep the stealth permanent.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope