Some Race Pets?

Some Race Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: XJamo.1930

XJamo.1930

got a idea dont know if its been asked before but there should be a race inspired pet like the salad hounds (already have them) eg a golem for the asura and what not
i just want a golem at a pet to fit my asura ranger would be nice

Some Race Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: Too BaD.3941

Too BaD.3941

giving a unique pet to represent each race…….it’s a really nice idea but they did that in the racial skills.

i dont want to sound negative or against your idea and yes my main is a ranger. only prob with it is that other classes will cry and whine cause of it (same happened after the ranger finally got a lil bit of love in the latest patch). i think making the racial pets ulti skills affected by the ranger traits more doable and logical

Some Race Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

A golem wouldn’t make sense as a pet. They are robotic constructs powered by magic. Nothing natural about them. They aren’t even organic!

Though more unique pets like the sylvan hound would be nice. Rock dogs as another type of canine would be pretty cool.

Some Race Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: sandvich.8259

sandvich.8259

I’d like to see mechanical versions of the pets that we have for Asura . Clock-work birds , Iron canines, ect.
with Norn ,you could have larger pets with cosmetic differences.

I’ll stop there, but it’d not be that difficult to cater the pets for different races.

Some Race Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: neelith.5613

neelith.5613

It’s an interesting idea but… People who like to collect every single thing in a game would probably flame ANET for that kind of move. Also, balancing pets’ special skills that non of the races would have an advatage over another would be tricky. Then, if ANET created race specific pets with meh skills everyone would use the same pets they use now. Race-specific pets would end up only as show off kind of thing.

Some Race Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

The fern hound feels like a racial pet for sylvari.

Of course, you can have a norn ranger with a pet wolf, bear, raven, and leopard. So those are kinda racial pets too.

Humans have dogs….yea it’s a stretch.

Asura and charr don’t get racial feeling pets. Maybe devourers for charr?

So new pet families to add should have a racial aspect for those races that don’t have any racial pets.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Some Race Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

It’s a nice idea, but instead of limiting pets to one race, they should be available to anyone.

There would simply be pets that fit different races better
like armored devourers
salad pets and what not

Next problem is, if rangers get anything, a lot of people will cry “Why didn’t we get new things?” and start cussing at Anet. Sadly, this is todays audience

Some Race Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

The fern hound feels like a racial pet for sylvari.

Of course, you can have a norn ranger with a pet wolf, bear, raven, and leopard. So those are kinda racial pets too.

Humans have dogs….yea it’s a stretch.

Asura and charr don’t get racial feeling pets. Maybe devourers for charr?

So new pet families to add should have a racial aspect for those races that don’t have any racial pets.

Yah, I’ve always seen the drakehounds as the human racial pet. They are bred specifically by humans and appear mainly in human towns and cities.

Asura don’t really have one because they as a culture don’t exactly appreciate animals.

Charr could go with either devourers or drakes. Keep in mind the charr have a looong history of weaponizing the local wildlife. We already know they breed devourers from questing in charr zones, and one of my favorite things from the first Guild Wars were the pseudo-tanks the charr created by setting up a mini fort/catapult contraption on the backs of giant devourers.

Some Race Pets?

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

The racial pets are essentially the ones you get to pick at the beginning. Humans should have a hound as a choice, and I think we did at one point, but the rest are fairly on point.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…