Some good ranger advice on Chomper/Strugar?

in Ranger

Posted by: Lillith.5724

Lillith.5724

Hit it about 40 times last nite and still couldn’t get ahead of that darn dog!
Took a trap build, muddy terrain, etc…
My gear is exotics with toughness and haven’t any trouble staying alive, just run out of time and can’t get that dang meat quick enuf!
I’ve tried #4 on lb, SB, axe/torch, axe/wh. I’m using dogs and wolf for fear and immobilize/chill…any pattern i’m not seeing?
Camera angles in the beginning are gawdawful and I seem to miss the first meat throw.
Sure would love some strategies! Been proud of myself beating all of them up til now on my ranger main, but this one has got me banging my head on my keyboard! LOL

Lillith Flame – Norn Ranger
Guild Leader: Spank Reunited
Yak’s Bend Server

in Ranger

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

Not sure if you talking about just beating them or making the meat achievement. Anyway I used full berserker gear and 30/20/20/0/0 traits, lbow and sbow. You should focus the pet first, each time the guy throws the meat, you should be ready to cripple/stun/kockback the dog and pick the meat asap. Rampage as one for the extra dmg and stability is better then entangle here. Signet of hunt is handy too, lightening reflexes is must (stun breaker, mobility). The pet will heal if it picks the meat before you, while you will gain power from the meat. It might take few tries since sometimes the guy throws the meat dirrectly under the pet.

But anyway it’s surely doable with ranger, in fact, I did all the achievements with ranger (except for 8 orbs liandri).

in Ranger

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

I ran a 30/20/20 S/WH LB ranger. Didn’t change my build in the slightest bit for it except for swapping out my usual devourers with birds, slotting muddy terrain, Signet of Stone and signet mastery. The secondary weapon is entirely unnecessary btw. Only swap in case you need to knock Chomper off the meat or if you managed to kill one of them and need a knockback/invis to get some space between you and an instagib attack. Sword+Warhorn is more than enough for most of it.
Tried to focus down Strugar for most of the time and failed at it(the stacked up dog would take huge chunks out of my health bars in between fetching food and later instagib me even with basic attacks). Then I tried somethign different: Stay on the dog by tracing him down with sword autoattack and picking up the meat before he can(dodge rolling ahead of the crippled dog and grabbing it). You don’t actually have to kill him, just make sure, you get a good headstart by starting off with 4 meat chunks, so the dog doesn’t snowball out of control later on.
It doesn’t really matter whether you finish off the dog first, actually, I forgot my original objective halfway through and went for Strugar again, with the result of having to finish off a 20% hp dog after he went down. All it took was popping my signets(signet mastery) and autoattack him down, completely ignoring the instagib attacks.
If you finish off either without roughing up the other one first, it’s gonna be a little bit rougher but still manageable.

The most important thing is actually to get the first 4 meat, so chomper doesn’t snowball out of control. If you simply beat on strugar, ignoring the dog completely, Chomper will hit you for insane amounts of damage in between fetching meat, so no matter, whom you want to finish off first, try to get those first 4 meat… And the easiest way to do so is sticking close to Chomper with Sword autoattack.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

(edited by naphack.9346)

in Ranger

Posted by: meikodesign.6471

meikodesign.6471

I did it with a zerk build (30/30/10) with LB/SB and LR/Muddy Terrain/SoH/RaO.

In a first time, focus on getting the meats. After 4 meats, Chomper should die quickly.
Send your pet (wolf, alpin wolf) and use Muddy Terrain on Chomper.
Use LB#4 if Strugar throws the meat directly on Chomper.
Use LR if you are stuned after eating the meat .

Lunavi – Ranger 80 ~ Charr Kuttery – Warrior 80
Little Lunavi – Ranger – Rank 4x
[CPC] Insert Coin – Vizunah Square [FR]

in Ranger

Posted by: Ilvanor.1986

Ilvanor.1986

HOW do you do it? I have tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and Sturgar is throwing meat out every 5 seconds. There is NO way to keep up with all of it. I vigor. I roll. I muddy terrain. I point blank shot. I rampage as one. Everything is on cool down and Chomper still has me beat.

in Ranger

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

It shouldn’t take that long, each time you pick the meat it gives you power, you should down the dog after 4th meat picked up. Remember you can’t let the dog eat any meat as the meat will heal him and then you basically start from 0 again. Focus on dmging the dog and when you see Strugar throwing meat then quickly cc or criple Chomper and roll to meat.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ilvanor.1986

Ilvanor.1986

Every match, no exaggeration, the dog gets directly thrown no less than three pieces of meat that is impossible for me to get or to knock/cripple him away from. All my attention is on the dog for this. I don’t bother paying any attention to Strugar except to keep away and to see where he is throwing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Asthalon.6875

Asthalon.6875

I found Swoop on the GS to be really useful on this fight; you have a bit of leeway in noticing the meat, and can get right to Chomper to deliver a stun (GS5), or you can cripple/chill/immob before or after the swoop and just run past him to the meat. He’ll get a couple but I really didn’t have a lot of trouble with this fight once I got better at tracking the meat tosses.

in Ranger

Posted by: Paz Shadow.9715

Paz Shadow.9715

30/30/0/10/0 build using full zerker everything I actually killed Strugar first then went for Chomper. Use duel dogs for two knockdowns, a fear, and using lb#4 and gs #5 you have a fair amount of interrupts built into your build. Take note I almost ran out of time trying to kill Chomper in the end, if you kill Struger first then Chomper takes on this fiery dog-beast form and goes super sayan mode pretty much

Green Eye of Grenth | PR Officer | JQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I wrote a guide on that, it probably fell back to page 2 or 3 of the ranger forums. I used a beastcannon build (20/20/0/0/30) with zerk and sigil of ice along with snow hound and snow owl along with spike and frost traps and a stun break utility. More info in the thread I mentioned. Definately super saiyan mode with RaO. DbZ ftw

Ka meeeeeh huuuuuh maaaaaae (20 minutes later) HAAAAAAA fireball

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

(edited by Chopps.5047)