Some ranger changes

Some ranger changes

in Ranger

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

I’m a necro main, but have all classes to 80, and recently started playing ranger a lot more in pvp. I see a few problems with some of the setups especially, so with that in mind I’d like to propose a few changes and hear what you all have to think.

Shortbow:
Crippling shot: your pets next 2 attacks inflict torment 6 seconds.
concussion shot: now applies 3 stacks of confusion 5-7 seconds.

Ranger condition builds need more condition diversity, not enough to be pure aids spam like engineer condition builds, but enough to force smart usage of removals.

Storm spirit:
Changed to give allies a chance to apply blind(3s) on attacks.

Spirit builds are in essence bunkers, and this spirit is pretty much useless as far as I can tell.

Axe offhand:
Whirling defense: can now move while channeling

Obvious imo.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Some ranger changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

I think Concussion Shot is good as it is, it’s a skills that’s meant to interrupt, therefore it requires strategic use and should be saved until needed. Adding Confusion to it would make SB a “roll ur fronthead on numpad” weapon, not sure you see what I mean x)
but the Crippling Shot suggestion is good, imo. Maybe just 1 next attack instead of 2. That way you slow ’em down, and they get hurt at the same time
Tired of relying on Trait Runes for Torment (plus, since Entangle is the go-to Elite for PvP, it makes it kind of a stupid choice to put immobilize + torment)

Some ranger changes

in Ranger

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

For crippling shot, the rational is that 2 stacks of torment while moving is pretty close to 3 bleeds, so the damage would be about the same. I get what your saying about concussion shot, but you would still be better off using it as an interrupt. Maybe a nice compromise is it could apply 3 stacks if you interrupt a foe. Thus encouraging skillful play. Also, yea it’s kind of funny, but that’s what you get with general effects I guess.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Some ranger changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Yes to Torment for the Pet’s next attacks on Crippling Shot. I like zapv’s suggestion on adding confusion with concussion shot if you were to interrupt a foe.

As for replacing Swiftness with a Blind on Storm Spirit, I have been wanting that for the longest time… So, yes.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

Some ranger changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

I’d rather 1-2s of chill on crippling shot…crippled and skill cooldown increase. Also the range put back to 1200 and a slight increase to base damage. I’m okay with poison volley and concussion shot as they have pretty specific purposes.

Mostly because we can get torment in a variety of ways that is not reliant on our pet at all (sigil, krait runes, etc.).

Some ranger changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Not sure I’d want the pet to apply the torment. It would scale of it’s damage instead of the ranger’s, making it much less effective.

Instead, I’d rather see 2 or 3 stacks of torment be added to Hornet Sting on sword. It’s used in quite a lot of condi builds with torch/dagger even though poison is it’s only condition. It would put a lot more emphasis on hitting the strike when using it instead of just using it for the evade/gap opener.

Some ranger changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Unless they allow us to change the pets stats to benefit condition damage, I don’t want the pet applying any conditions.

I agree with Concussion shot applying confusion on interrupt, in fact I suggested it a year ago.

Also agree with crippling shot getting torment, but applied by us, two stacks as well as the pet getting an attack of opportunity.

Some ranger changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I want nothing but pet fixes.
… I ask for nothing more than that.

Mechanics on all weapons we have so far are viable. I even find the suggestions on how to change them unnecessary. I just want the 30% of my life being reliable.
It’s absurd to feel that my pet is actually a burden, when he in fact lowers my damage output overwriting poison / burning with his 0 coefficient versions.

And I also find it sad that the only healing pets in the game ignore healing power (even the traited one if used right after the swap), especially when healing power is already the worst stat in the game, so far. Discouraging it further is not a good tactic (I actually had a viable healer build if it worked).

My pets feeling like a worthy portion of myself is the only thing I want on my Ranger. Everything else is fine.
Heck, even Spirits can be considered fine from a point of view.

“Observe, learn and counter.”