SoulBeast Bug Compendium

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Alright guys. We know there are going to be some. So lets put them in an easy to reach place.

So far

GS 2 Maul. Can be used to buff personal damage in beastmode. However seems to be bugged at the moment. I can easily apply it OUT of combat (prebuffing with it) but in combat does not seem to trigger AOO. Strangely enough I was getting AOO off of hilt bash. May possibly be using pre gs reword code?

Edit: Unless..is it consuming the AOO ON THE MAUL?! Cause if so thats… ridiculously strong.

Dolyak Stance. Does not seem to give boons or affect the ranger. When traited to share it does affect allies normally.

All other stances SEEM to be working normally.

Post em as you find em people.

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: Pitviper.8052

Pitviper.8052

The +80 to all stats from beastmastery trait line seems to work when beastmastery is not equiped. The cdr of pet skills could be bugged too since it does nothing in beastmode atm. I think the added ferocity from beastmastery minor wasn’t showing up ether.

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

@pitviper it almost looks like ONLY the ferocity from pets prowess is applying. It rises by 150 for me. I think that ferocity/concentration/expertise etc. are not included in the pack alpha stat bonus. So 150 SHOULD be correct

Ghost Yak

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

Smoke Assault doesn’t seem to be an Evade while in Beastmode

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: Tharne.3298

Tharne.3298

GS 2 Maul. Can be used to buff personal damage in beastmode. However seems to be bugged at the moment. I can easily apply it OUT of combat (prebuffing with it) but in combat does not seem to trigger AOO. Strangely enough I was getting AOO off of hilt bash. May possibly be using pre gs reword code?

Edit: Unless..is it consuming the AOO ON THE MAUL?! Cause if so thats AMAZING

I noticed that if I’m in combat but I don’t hit anything with Maul, I get AoO but if Maul hits then no AoO so either Maul consumes AoO and it’s intentional or it’s a bug. (Like the buff applies before the damage but it doesn’t have time to show up and is consumed.)

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Debating whether I share the bug or let you rascals figure it out for yourself.

When it’s a gamebreaking bug that does unreasonable amounts of dmg….lots of lulz with me and a friend dueling eachother.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

A huge bug is, dolyak stance not giving boons. Its doing nothing, obviously that needs to be fixed ASAP

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: RWinter.1680

RWinter.1680

With [Leader of the Pack] enabled, and [One Wolf Pack] cast to affect allies, it never expires on the allies or pets it is granted to, only on the ranger. Relog fixes it, map change may also.

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: sevenDEADLY.5281

sevenDEADLY.5281

Maul is consuming the AOO to increase its own damage by 50%. Just tested it with pet out (not giving myself AOO) and in beastmode (giving myself AOO). Beast mode maul was MUCH higher. High enough that it had to be consuming its own AOO to increase its damage by 50%. The bonsues from being in beastmode alone couldn’t possibly cause the dramatic damage increase to maul.

If you look at Maul damage numbers in beast mode and compare it to Worldly Impact, Worldly Impact should do more damage, but it doesn’t, Maul beats it every single time because its consuming its own AOO.

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

- bird – swoop best-skill has just 400 distance leap instead of 1200
- beastmode ends when enter water …. its so annoying

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: arnitheking.8427

arnitheking.8427

one wolf pack lasts forever on allies

EDIT: literally

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Maul consumes the AoO itself, by being applied before the attack hits. Which is good. You get more use of it that way.

As for bugs, aforementioned bird swoop in beast mode, dolyak stance boons, wolf pack lasting forever with the share trait.

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Add to the list that Pack Alpha minor from Beastmastery does not reduce the recharge of the 5 new pets’ F2 skills.

It also does not recharge the other pet skills of the Iboga, Jaca, and Gazelle since their moves are new. Shared feline moves (Bite & Maul) on Sand Lion and Cheetah are reduced and working with Pack Alpha.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

arnitheking.8427

soulbeast feline f skills are bugged, f1 should probably do 200 % more damage.. right now, with marauder amulet the tooltip says 500 ca. but it can’t be, it would be too bad , especially with no additional effects. Must be a bug and it’s supposed to be 1.8 k or smth

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

BUG :Spider poisonfield always misses except you are standing right inside the enemy. Ground targeted needed.

NO BUGS but hard inconviences:
If you need the second beastmeld skill from the other pet you cannot swap in beastform you have to get out of beastform and swap pets and have to melt again. for a needed stunbreak this is pretty unuseful to wait 10s.

You cannot open the pet panel. I can understand that this is due to preventing swapping pets, but you cannot even see what stats the pet gave to you without leaving B-mode.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

The stat bonus from Ambidexterity is always active regardless of the weapon if you traited it and wield a corresponding weapon in the a weapon set. Nice buff but likely unintended.

I had a strange bug where my pet was permanent stowed even infight and beastmode did nothing. Could be fixed with unstowing the pet.

Live Fast fast don’t trigger on F2 skills but they are classified as beast skills.

Shortbows Crippling Shot only affects only one attack in beastmode instead of three.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: Ranys.4028

Ranys.4028

Yes, Mail buffs itselt with AOO apparently. I don’t mind the 12k crits thoug TBH :P

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

It’s not an evade for Smokescales, either.

Graphical Bug: Charr animations are completely nonsense, and do not correspond to what the skill says it does.

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: Ranys.4028

Ranys.4028

Btw, It’s more helpful if you list every bug seperately in the bug section of the forum, they will be taken care of faster this way.

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

arnitheking.8427

what would the purpose of smoke assault be if it’s not an evade? tiny dmg and a bit of might?

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

It’s not an evade for Smokescales, either.

Graphical Bug: Charr animations are completely nonsense, and do not correspond to what the skill says it does.

Both state in their tooltip that they are evades.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Swoop 1,200 range is far less than 1,200. Think it’s around 600.

Hope this changes to 1,200…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

• Dolyake Stance doesn’t work, at all.
  • Live Fast trait does not trigger on Pet F2.

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

I had a strange bug where my pet was permanent stowed even infight and beastmode did nothing. Could be fixed with unstowing the pet.

This happened to me when I died while I was on beastmode. I couldn’t unstow the pet, I had to go in and out of beastmode few times before my pet finally decided to pop out. Few times when enemies hit me, the pet didn’t pop out but there were also few occasions when enemy hitting me fixed it and the pet came out (Before this I had tried unstowing it with no success). Odd stuff.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

I don’t know if these are intended or not but, Empathetic Bond does not work in Beast Mode, yet Shared Anguish does.

In the case of former, conditions receive no duration reduction. In the case of the latter, you will ignore any incoming Crowd Control and it is not transferred to anything since you have no active pet. It’s becomes free CC ignore.

Stormbluff Isle

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Not sure if Sharpened Edges or the damage bonus from Loud Whistle are supposed to do anything. Bleed on crit seems the same (33%) while in Beastmode and the damage is consistent above or below 90% health.

Can’t say if these are bugs per-say. Need confirmation from Devs on which traits are and are not affected by Beastmode.

Edit: Add another to the list – Fresh Reinforcement copies boons affecting your pet twice when entering Beastmode. If Fortifying Bond is also traited, boons that stack intensity (might & stability) are copied three times; boons that stack duration are still copied twice.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Juvenile cheetah + Beastly Warden trait:
Taunt needs to happen on the spot the cheetah shadowsteps to, not on the location they were on when activating their F2 (even though currently it may force enemies away from your location, it’s a niche function, and more logical would be to have it activate where the cheetah lands).

Edit: This probably should be looked upon on more pets, ranged ones for example- where exactly should the taunt activate?

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

(edited by OGDeadHead.8326)

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadow Phage.9084

Shadow Phage.9084

Shouts:
— “Guard!” does not apply the damage redirection buff if activated while in BeastMode.
— “Search and Rescue” does not teleport the ally to you, if activated while in BeastMode.

Beast Mastery:
—While in BeastMode, the traits: “Go For the Eyes”, “Wilting Strike”, and “Beastly Warden” apply their effects upon skill completion of F3. Non-BeastMode pet F2 skills apply them on start-up.

BeastMode F skills:
—Spiders’ “Poison Gas” uses center-of-camera aiming. (Using Action Camera as a work-around allows for accuracy, or pointing the camera straight down for point-blank usage.)

edited for clarity.

(edited by Shadow Phage.9084)

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Shouts:
— “Guard!” does not apply the damage redirection buff if activated while in BeastMode.
— “Search and Rescue” does not teleport the ally to you, if activated while in BeastMode.

Beast Mastery:
—While in BeastMode, the traits: “Go For the Eyes”, “Wilting Strike”, and “Beastly Warden” apply their effects upon skill completion of F3. Non-BeastMode pet F2 skills apply them on start-up.

BeastMode F skills:
—Spiders’ “Poison Cloud” uses center-of-camera aiming. (Using Action Camera as a work-around allows for accuracy, or pointing the camera straight down for point-blank usage.)

edited for clarity.

I use the action-Cam and i miss pretty much 90% of my poison clouds. Adding a ground target in beastmode would benefit the skill and gave it more control where it lands.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

This happened to me when I died while I was on beastmode. I couldn’t unstow the pet, I had to go in and out of beastmode few times before my pet finally decided to pop out. Few times when enemies hit me, the pet didn’t pop out but there were also few occasions when enemy hitting me fixed it and the pet came out (Before this I had tried unstowing it with no success). Odd stuff.

I think I can provide a little bit more info to this one – going underwater while in beastmode also triggers it – when you go back to ground pet gets “permastowed” with game being confused whether you are in beast mode or not really, althought flipping F5 few times seems to “fix” it

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

SoulBeast Bug Compendium

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

• If you stow your pet and enter beastmode, you’ll gain… Nothing. And the CD on Leave/Enter beastmode will trigger.
  • Underwater version of Primal Cry has a 2.5s cast time instead of 1.25s