/15Characters

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

Soulbeast Demo Weekend Feedback

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Kind of crazy. If your pet dies, enter Beastmode, and if you immediately exit, it’s back to full health with no cooldown swap penalty. That’s pretty sick.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Adenin.5973

Adenin.5973

Feels really solid.

Gonna enjoy WvW reset tonight. Dolyak Stance is incredibly good.

Maybe it’s sarcasm but as far as I know Dolyak Stance doesn’t even work properly?

Kind of crazy. If your pet dies, enter Beastmode, and if you immediately exit, it’s back to full health with no cooldown swap penalty. That’s pretty sick.

This will probably be “fixed”

in Ranger

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

So whats everyone estimate on shouts applying to you being nerfed.

I don’t see devs allowing Sic’ Em for very long.

in Ranger

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

- you lose beastmode when entering water.

kitten Anet stop giving underwater skills the middle finger….. >_>

in Ranger

Posted by: JohnnyJHB.7360

JohnnyJHB.7360

AND FART EFFECTS ALL AROUND YOU.

Once seen, this cannot be unseen. Soulbeast pretty much ruined for me. LOL

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Maybe not long. Sic ‘Em is pretty kitten to have. Guard and S&R don’t work, which is a shame. S&R could have teleported an ally to you and give them a fixed % of res while Guard working might be suicide – but would work with Defy Pain and SoS.

They might nerf Sic ’Em down to like a 6s buff time with a 25s cooldown, 25% modifiers, and lower the reveal time around 4s.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Disappointed with soulbeast so far, synergy between trait lines is bad, bird swoop states its 1200 range but its nowhere even close to that and to make it worse it feels sluggish towards the end of it. The elite skill is meh, and did I mention traits suck, yeah traits suck.

in Ranger

Posted by: arnitheking.8427

arnitheking.8427

soulbeast feline f skills are so weak I wonder what their purpose is.. probably a bug and they were meant to do 200 % more dmg

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I agree. There are a lot of things I would like to address with Soulbeast, but for now I will just begin with its weapon. Right now, dagger feels too slow and not aggressive enough. To fit in theme with the soulbeast’s “beastly fight-style with tooth and claw” premise, dagger should be as if not more aggressive than greatsword.

To accomplish this, I would first reduce the cast times on the auto attacks Leading Swipe and Serpent Stab from 1/2 to 1/4. During testing, the dagger auto only felt reliably aggressive and functional when I had quickness. Ideally, dagger auto should attack as quickly normally as it does with quickness now.

Next, looking at skill 2 (Double Arc) just feels like a different, slightly stronger auto attack. To synergize with other ranger traitlines, and with Soulbeast’s theme, skill 2 needs to do 2 important things:

• It needs to be a single, heavy striking attack like maul (To work well with Moment of Clarity and Remorseless).
  • It needs to have a quick, “long reach” (like the 300 range movement with Hilt-Bash on Greatsword) to feel good and hit reliably.

I’m thinking it be something similar to Thief’s Heartseeker, but a lunge/dash instead of a leap/flip. The conditions it inflicts now are more or less in a good place.

And finally the skill 3 (Instinctive Engage) is close to where it needs to be, but just needs a bit more utility for synergy. To synergize with other ranger traitlines, and with Soulbeast’s traits/theme, skill 3 also needs to do 2 important things:

• It needs to grant fury in addition to its quickness. Fury would help set up the burst this skill aims to accomplish and synergize with Remorseless, Vicious Quarry, and Furious Strength.
  • It needs to disable the target briefly. Nothing too much, but a 1 or 3/4 second daze would synergize with Moment of Clarity, Predator’s Onslaught, and Twice as Vicious.

If these changes were implemented and the numerical values balanced, I believe dagger would better fulfill its role as a quick, savage weapon.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

I was 1 hitting people with booned Gazelle and using Sic ’em. Nerf incoming :x

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

gotta say im very disappointment soul beast is what i was afried of ..
first the animation compaing to the rest of the prof this one just not in the same lvl
second beast mode no very verstialy as people said honstly .. why jugar dosent grent you stelth ??
the only one thing that went well with that spec is how fluid the merg is
well time to re roll ty guyts for 4 years as a rainger

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

you can count on that. while other specs can remain broken for months, we are generally not allowed to have fun like that.

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

one word: disappointing.

though I will give it to Fanged Iboga as best pet so far. Team composition Stance is under where it should be, not a lot of team play with this specialization. Though the new dear pet I will give a thumbs up, I tested power play with this pet LOL. Good burst IMO funny too, 2 hit a necro with this pet while in Beastmode.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in Ranger

arnitheking.8427

BadSanta you forgot the /s

in Ranger

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Soulbeast is ridiculous. Using “Sic Em” and all the ferocity buffs i could muster, I was hitting 24k dmg on Skritt using GS#2 Maul, with ZERO vuln/might.

This is the power spec we’ve all been waiting for. Might be overtuned.

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Me like the soulbeast – lots! Gj A-net!!!

Kima & Co

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

• Live Fast and other Beast ability traits only trigger on F3 in beastmode. Sad!
  • Pet’s Prowess only gives 25% movement speed in beastmode. Druid has 33%.
  • Swoop on bird pets does not have 1200 range.
  • Bear Bite does not give regeneration unless it hits a target.
  • Dolyak Stance doesn’t work at all.
  • Having pet F2 skills in beastmode would have been far more interesting and made a lot more pets viable. Even if you didn’t get any of the other abilities. Some might be too crazy like jaguar, but you could have simply given it a different version in beastmode.

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

Yeah im afraid so, that Gazelle pet is hilarious. LOL.

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

First point:
Pet swap in beastmode would be very convenient and would lead to very interesting rotations, now its very annoying always get out of B-Mode swap pets and back into B-mode if you want the other beast skill in combat. for example, if you need a second stunbreak but you are not in your stout pet form you have to wait 10s to get that stunbreak which makes it redundant at that point.
You would still swap into pets for more dmg and the special abbility only the pet has i.e. wyvern huge firefield or jacarandas root etc.

Second point: let us open the pet panel in beastmode. Disable pet changing while we are in but atleast let us watch what kinda stat boosts we got and what the abbilities of the pets do.

third point: Make the spider poisonfield ground targeted. it misses every time when you are not standing right inside the enemy.

Everything else is great and it is a awesome Hybrid spec and i cant wait to use it in PvE.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

my impression is very very meh and i foresee if they don’t correct all the lack of synergy and low effort work they did we are going to end up with a kitten disaster.

We need the class to have some work put into it and less “it was so difficult to implement a pet stow which doesn’t trigger when entering combat”

Entering\exiting beast mode should counts as weapon swap like the avatar from the druid.
And we should be able to swap pet in beastmode so we can proc on swap traits.

That way we have all the CDs on sight, it doesn’t change much from the mechanic we are used to and the Sbeast get fluent combat at least when talking about the pet managment.

The rest is so bad i don’t know were to start. From the stances being mostly useless, like one wolf pack affecting only one attack in multiple target aoes (like sword AA hitting 3 targets the stance only triggers to one enemy or barrage.. barrage is so sad with the stance…), to have a very underwhelming effects (grifon instance…. and vulture instance is not far behind..) to have traits bland and not really in level of the other new specs. Not talking about the bugs here as those are to be expected and that’s fine.

Traits like beastly warden, wilting stike or live fast triggers after the beast skill is cast when it should be before like it works with the pets so the long cast beast skill itself can benefit from the effects.

We should be able to choose strategically between pet out or not, and we should not to be forced to include that mechanic in a brainless rotation but to decide if we need more bodies and multiple target ( pet out ) or we need to be just one body to concentrate damage and avoid dead pet (merged). They can keep their “differentiated cds from beasmode to pet” although we all know it is done like that because otherwise it would require somebody programming that.

BM minors should apply full benefits when merged as we are losing the extra body and extra attack when we merge. That could make out for the lack of damage if we get BM

And pet skills when merged should not be another extra low damage single target attack, we can do that with the weapon. The skills should be significant and not watered down from the pets, but to scale with our stats. The Call lighting from the jarcanda in beastmode is really sad compared to the pet one. The gap must get much smaller.

For example shapen spines from bristle in beastmode is a very underwhelming skill. It should work like a buff which for 30 seconds (in 30 seconds CD ) your attacks cause bleeding (or have a chance on hit) without the charges (is 1 stack for 5 secs..). The skills must be significant and there aren’t that many so it should be easy enough. That would empower condition builds. Same for carrion it should have an skill which does the same but for poison.
Then traits like predators cunning would make sense to be there as it would allow a very specific gameplay.

Enough with the low effort work. It is really sad seeing such a low effort development taken to production. And even sadder to think a part of that is being payed by me.

All the Stances need the ammo technology. To Reduce the actual CD i don’t think it would be the perfect solution but applying 2-3 charges depending on the stance would make them actually useful. The range for leader of the pack seemed surprisingly barely ok, i guess to share the instance we don’t need much range as usually you’ll like to be close to your allies.

TD;RL; The impression this class left in me is a really bad development and lax of guidance and objective, where the visuals are ok but the development lack polish and professionalism. To me it look more like a hobbist designed and made this in a weekend at home while hangover which halfway thru he decided to change the direction of the development than a profesional development done by a company with over 300 employees . As jcbroe I work as well in the business, not as game developer but in development for corporate software for many years now, so I’ve seen a little bit of everything and i’m afraid i already know what is going on here.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

So beastmode is kind of interesting.Melding with your pet to have a second bar of cc can be pretty useful if you don’t want to be a pet class and want cc on direct and can go out of cc and have your pet again.So it seems like its mostly offensive form unlike druid which is pure healing spec.

in Ranger

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Condi weapon with power traits. lol

This is pretty important.

Some notes from a WvW perspective:

• Sadly, I found that running condi Soulbeast (or Ranger in general) is still massively underpowered compared to what other classes can spew out.
  • Soulbeast is amazing on a power build. Running longbow with sword/axe and ‘One Wolf Pack’ feels great, not too powerful but packs a good punch.
  • Some of the Beast skills really need less of a cast time, running black bear gives 2 damage immunities but are useless with the amount of stuns in the game. Too much planning ahead for an “Oh S****” button.
  • Bear Stance could use less of a cast time, since there’s more condition builds in the game now with PoF coming, we’ll need this on demand. It’s currently interrupted too easily.
  • One Wolf Pack could use a condition damaging effect
  • Oppressive Superiority doesn’t need the health restraints. It’s a GM trait, give it some oomph.
  • Give us the ability to swap pets whilst in Beastmode. There are situations where dropping out of Beastmode is a bad idea, being able to swap to use other skills would be helpful.
  • Vulture Stance, Might above 50% health isn’t great since might is easily gained. Consider changing to Torment over 50% and Poison under 50%. Perhaps up the stance duration for a slight buff to condition builds.
  • Double Arc, let players get the poison damage on strike when in Beastmode.
  • For a more extreme suggestion, take the conditions off the Dagger mainhand, buff the power coefficients and add conditions to mainhand Sword. Soulbeast feels more like a power spec, give its weapon power and give Sword a role in making core Ranger condition builds better.
Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

(edited by psizone.8437)

in Ranger

arnitheking.8427

I think soulbeast actually seems very polished, but the numbers and effects are undertuned at times. Excluding the bugs that have been mentioned already, I’d say feline and bear f skills are incredibly undertuned, bear f2 is okay-ish but since it’s not a stunbreak it can’t be used reactively, which, when paired with its low duration, makes it a bit useless..

also agree to a degree about dagger being too slow, especially the number 3 skill, but it’s not too bad.

Overall, after hours of playing I really enjoy the build diversity we get with it, but some numbers need to be tweaked a bit, especially cat f1, primal cry/roar, bear f1, and the stomp f3 (you should be either able to move while casting, or it should have shorter cast duration)

But I REALLY liked it, it’s very fast paced and it’s what I was looking forward to..

New pets seem nice but rock gazelle hit for like 25k at some point, wtf? anyways unfortunately new pets are also a power creep over base pets. Base pets (like murellow for example or some other underwhelming pets) still need to be buffed at some point to a playable level…

in Ranger

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

The Charr beast animations are disappointingly underwhelming.

So many options with the Charr’s already beastly anatomy – but they gave us bland punches and kicks. Let us tail lash and tail whip with that big fluffy thing behind us! Let us rend and maim with our claws! And let me put my massive teeth and horns to use!

in Ranger

Posted by: TastyTofu.3597

TastyTofu.3597

More of the same useless garbage that’s pushing ranger into obscurity.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Feels really solid.

Gonna enjoy WvW reset tonight. Dolyak Stance is incredibly good.

Maybe it’s sarcasm but as far as I know Dolyak Stance doesn’t even work properly?

Worked fine when I tried it a coupel hours ago.

Anet’s world class programing team evidently completely kittened up the skills.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Probably worth noting that Live Fast doesn’t work on pet F2 skills despite them being labeled as “Beast Skills”.

No idea if this is intended or not but it makes the trait significantly less useful.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

At first, I didn’t like the Soulbeast as I began hitting some golems in the PvP lobby. The dagger is incredibly clunky as it is right now. It just feels… slow. As suggested by others, some reduced cast times might be the solution here. Other than that, if it’s supposed to be a condi weapon, it’s disappointing me terribly so far in that regard. It needs to be buffed.

Then I moved on to trying power, after reading what some of you were saying. Boy, is it a lot of fun! As I began digging around in the trait-lines, I noted how much work was actually done to adjust them to work with Beastmode. Well done for that. One thing I’ve found that I’d like to note though: Potent Ally works with Beastmode, thus allowing you to self-stack might on crits, but the tooltip has not been adjusted to mention this.

Some of the stuff you can do with a Soul Beast power build is pretty nuts though. Sic ‘Em + Maul, for example. Also, my rock gazelle managed to score a 7.8k crit with its charge on a golem (with BM equipped). That’s going to hurt unsuspecting squishes a lot.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Ranger

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Has anyone tested if Oppressive Superiority is by % or by raw numbers? I would if I was able to log in but can’t.

in Ranger

Kreed.2768

Has anyone tested if Oppressive Superiority is by % or by raw numbers? I would if I was able to log in but can’t.

It says 10%.

Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Still has the same wording so I would assume it’s hard number values, not %.

in Ranger

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Can we start by preventing the pet from losing Boons and Special Effects by entering Beastmode? the boons and special effects already existing on the pet upon entering Beast mode should decay naturally as if the pet was out in the open but not flat out disappear upon exiting beastmode. this nullifies the usefulness of sharing boons to pets via traits and skills

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Ranger

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

@Kreed, I’m talking about the healthy % proccing not the actual bonus.

Still has the same wording so I would assume it’s hard number values, not %.

But has anyone tested it?

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

At first, I didn’t like the Soulbeast as I began hitting some golems in the PvP lobby. The dagger is incredibly clunky as it is right now. It just feels… slow. As suggested by others, some reduced cast times might be the solution here. Other than that, if it’s supposed to be a condi weapon, it’s disappointing me terribly so far in that regard. It needs to be buffed.

Then I moved on to trying power, after reading what some of you were saying. Boy, is it a lot of fun! As I began digging around in the trait-lines, I noted how much work was actually done to adjust them to work with Beastmode. Well done for that. One thing I’ve found that I’d like to note though: Potent Ally works with Beastmode, thus allowing you to self-stack might on crits, but the tooltip has not been adjusted to mention this.

Some of the stuff you can do with a Soul Beast power build is pretty nuts though. Sic ‘Em + Maul, for example. Also, my rock gazelle managed to score a 7.8k crit with its charge on a golem (with BM equipped). That’s going to hurt unsuspecting squishes a lot.

Speaking of the Gazzelle, this pet is OP as kitten eventually it will be nerf to kitten. Just hit a warrior with this thing F2 pet skill at 12k not sure if I was dreaming or what. And good to know Potent Ally works while on Beastmode definitely opening up some Power build with this, just wondering does it proc twice for might? cause I noticed as well that while in beastmode or Dagger 2 skill double strikes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

• Double Arc, let players get the poison damage on strike when in Beastmode.

All pet buffs from weapons affect the player in beastmode. Some seem buggy like shortbow only effects 1 attack instead of 3 but the effect is there.

Entering\exiting beast mode should counts as weapon swap like the avatar from the druid.

Beastmode doesn’t change the weapon skills why should it count as a weapon swap?

For example shapen spines from bristle in beastmode is a very underwhelming skill. It should work like a buff which for 30 seconds (in 30 seconds CD ) your attacks cause bleeding (or have a chance on hit) without the charges (is 1 stack for 5 secs..). The skills must be significant and there aren’t that many so it should be easy enough. That would empower condition builds. Same for carrion it should have an skill which does the same but for poison.

Yeah lets double shortbow damage with one button, seems about right. Perma poison with 1 button yay. Soulbeast doesn’t need to be overpowered. It seems more like you lack any sense of balance. Your suggestions would make that specialisation completely broken.

- you lose beastmode when entering water.

This looks like a bug. We have aquatic pets categorized for stat boni and skills for them. Why should they develop it and disable it afterwards? Waste of ressources.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

in Ranger

Kreed.2768

Speaking of the Gazzelle, this pet is OP as kitten eventually it will be nerf to kitten. Just hit a warrior with this thing F2 pet skill at 12k not sure if I was dreaming or what. And good to know Potent Ally works while on Beastmode definitely opening up some Power build with this, just wondering does it proc twice for might? cause I noticed as well that while in beastmode or Dagger 2 skill double strikes.

As far as I can tell it procs only once per cooldown interval (1s), so no double might stacks for us, unfortunately. Natural Healing also applies to us while in Beastmode, I’ve found out, so that also needs to go on the pile for Beastmode tooltip adjustments.

Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Ranger

Posted by: Grey.3179

Grey.3179

Are the PoF pets available in wvw and if so how do you get them? They show in the pvp lobby but not wvw.

Thunderfro the Grey – Asuran Ranger – [HART] [RTH] – Darkhaven

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Are the PoF pets available in wvw and if so how do you get them? They show in the pvp lobby but not wvw.

WvW uses the pve system for your pets which means you would have to go out and capture them to have them. I’m not sure why they didn’t give us them along with the base pets, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to access them in WvW right now.

PvP players get them just because all pets are available by default.

in Ranger

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I think not having pet swap in beast mode form is a design mistake. This spec will mostly appeal to Ranger players who prefer not dealing with the pet. It should not be a required gimmick to hop in and out of beast form. I would also just get rid of the silly aura.

in Ranger

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

I think not having pet swap in beast mode form is a design mistake. This spec will mostly appeal to Ranger players who prefer not dealing with the pet. It should not be a required gimmick to hop in and out of beast form. I would also just get rid of the silly aura.

You are not supposed to camp beastmode permanently. Can we please stop now with those suggestions? It is not a petless ranger.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

in Ranger

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

You are not supposed to camp beastmode permanently. Can we please stop now with those suggestions? It is not a petless ranger.

No, I won’t, because it should be if the player wants it to be. It’s halfway there already; I see no purpose in forcing the player to dance in and out of it whatsoever.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

The effects of being in beastmode is nice, but after 10 seconds they shouldn’t be visible anymore. That includes the effect behind the F1,F2,F3 buttons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

No, I won’t, because it should be if the player wants it to be. It’s halfway there already; I see no purpose in forcing the player to dance in and out of it whatsoever.

It’s not halfway there already, cause it clearly IS designed to jump in and out of it.

But that’s a moo point. Pet swap should be considered available in beastmode. Would be a lot more fluid.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilrik.4630

Kilrik.4630

I could consider soulbeast a bit more viable w/ pet swap in beastmode, but after playing in wvw on top of fluidity issues, the condi-cleanse is lacking. This is due in part to gated access, but also condi is out of control and I have grown accustom to druidic clarity. I have enough stun breaks in soulbeast and even reasonable damage (still feels behind other prof so far tho), but stealth mechanics (and so many other combo fields) are gated behind leaving beast mode to trigger smoke field or leave beast mode change pets then trigger smoke field. Dolyak stance (stability) either doesn’t work or boon strip is way outta control as well. The mobility in the bm line is only triggered while in beast mode so its not even as good as natural stride aside from the fact that its a given if bm line is chosen. The strike animation of dagger seems so slow and the damage is meh.

I might have gone in with apprehension, but my early interpretation seems accurate. I cannot see melee working with soulbeast due to lack of armor, dmg output, and lack of dmg mitigation. No blinds, evades, or stealth built into beast mode. Bear dmg is abysmal but a long cd 3 sec defy pain is there I suppose, and smokescale merge has a rev-smoke assault attack. At this point it might be fun in casual pve, but I can’t see myself swapping druid over to soulbeast at this point.

in Ranger

Posted by: will de grijze jager.6594

will de grijze jager.6594

the elite skill is a good concept, but 60 Seconds cd is to long for what it brings. If you look at the other elite skills. If the cd was like 20 seconds and the duration was a bit longer then it would be in the race with the other elites.

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Played a more for a while. It really NEEDS a PET SWAP in Beast Mode. You can’t react to something happening if you need to get out of BMode, swap pet, wait for 10 secs, then merge, get your f3 heal or immunity.

Instead to promote Pet swapping, it promotes Stationary play. You will less likely to switch pet around. You might sit longer on your bear or your support pet, while waiting for something to happen, instead to just be on your more offensive one.

It means, you will most likely need to be always out of BMode and wait for something to happen, then either swap to the other pet or stay with the one you have out, merge, then use the skill you need. How annoying is that ? How many precious seconds are we losing from juggling around ?

When a Rev needs its Stun Break from the other Stance, it doesn’t need to wait 10 secs, it swaps. When an Ele want to use another spell from another attunement, it doesn’t need to wait 10 secs, it swaps right away and use it.

What if you’re in PvE raiding ? So you want to use that Bristleback bleed buff, you can use it before combat, great, but it doesn’t resolve the longer problem. You want to get on your Iboga or Spider, you get out of BMode, wait for 10 secs, get in, do its skills… Then you want to get back on your Bristleback for your bleed buff, so you need to get out, wait 10 secs, get in, use it, again and again.

When you think clearly about it, it’s a 20 secs cooldown to come back on the first merged pet.

This is not fluid.

IMO, we need Pet Swap in BeastMode for less headache.

(edited by Krispera.5087)

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Soulbeast is a solo pve and wvw duel build. Nothing special. Daggers are underwhelming.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Soulbeast is a solo pve and wvw duel build. Nothing special. Daggers are underwhelming.

Ya the dagger is trash but beastmode actually made greatsword a lot better.

The attack of opportunity effect procs on skill activation and then resolves when the skill actually hits a target so being in beastmode is a 50% damage buff to maul on top of any stat boost you get.

I can’t see the full +40% sic em staying but hopefully boosted maul sticks around.

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

ANet should really consider pet swap while in Beastmode, I tried for quite some time now to really have a good gameplay experimenting but one thing is just lacking, going out of Beastmode for your pet to use their F2 or Beast skill. I know some would disagree and say that youre not supposed to camp in Beastmode which is true youre not, cause I figure you would be losing damage if your pet is not out, but then that would be the players choice, like it would be if you decided to release beastmode. I think its just solid gameplay if we are to be able to pet swap while in beastmode. And probably update some of the BM traits that benefit the pets to benefit us while in Beastmode. I really dont see any play from this specialization, unless youre in PVE.

can anyone confirm if Sword auto give us might while in Beastmode? I tried Potent Ally trait and it doesnt give might while doing critical hits in Beastmode

(edited by AEFA.9035)