Soulbeast effectiveness in spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I wonder how effective soulbeast dagger will be at spvp given how dagger(soulbeast wiki)/existing offhand skills work. As a ranger who always aim for a marauder longbow build im quite excited to try a new line than druid (as a marauder lb druid doesnt really benefit from CA, while some of the traits has synergy with lb/range style).

What makes me a little concerned is the sheer focus on damage/condi dmg on the dagger (yes you have a leap), but overall lack of cc/counter compared to the other ‘higher uptime’ classes of said mechanic. How can we stick on a target and deal damage in enough short timeframe in this age where theres plenty of counters to everything, where sheer damage wont cut. Our other offhands, like dagger, is outdated and I just dont see how dagger/dagger can keep going in a prolonged fight.

I understand much is left to discover, and most likely much results will come from synergy from soulbeast mode and merged pet F skills, but it will be great to finally test how effective we can be 1v1 and smallscale on point – if we can truly go in melee more often and not havingto rely on lb from range, which is mediocre in higher tier.

And hopefully theyll add a lb legendary soon enough..

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

If you don’t like the dagger because it’s condi, do not use it.

in Ranger

Posted by: ParanoidKami.2867

ParanoidKami.2867

I tried out Shortbow S/D condi and made it to Platinum before I decided to go back to screwing around. It worked out pretty well at +1 and running around. In team fights it relied on your Wilderness elite and harassing those not in the zerg as Eles and Engineers have projectile blocks/reflections. It does lots of damage with Bleeding and Poison, but most classes have 1-2 passive condi clears so it can end up with you doing no damage, which is annoying. Also, stow weapons on shortbow when its firing in combat seems to be bugged or something. Because it doesn’t do it. Engineer pops his reflect so you want to stow weapons and it doesn’t work. Annoying.

Soulbeast looks extremely powerful and is probably going to be more of a 1v1 type as it offers no mobility and seems to have good sustain with the pet fusing and unfusing mechanic. I expect Shortbow D/D as the condi version for 1v1, but there could also be a power version.

You should try out Shortbow. I thought I wouldn’t like condi and it surprised me how fun it could be.

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

If you don’t like the dagger because it’s condi, do not use it.

nah its not about it being condi, it seemes more to be both power n condi, but my main concern is the dagger/dagger not providing same cc as other classes, but I may be reading too much into it as who knows how itll flow with our beastmode on with pet skills. At least im grateful for getting a non supporty elite, hopefully greatsword will be just as viable on a lb soulbeast.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I think it will though. Soulbeast gives some innate sustain by Merging with your pet. Heals, Condi cleanses, etc. Also, stances seem very solid combined with power specs. It also depends on the next balance patch to see if core lines get some love.