Soulbeast is boring

Soulbeast is boring

in Ranger

Posted by: Alakazam.9628

Alakazam.9628

In the weekend preview i tried all the new specs but there is one spec that manged to disappoint me. ofc i’m talking about the soulbeast you see everything about the soulbeast is boring the dagger skills the beast mode skills and the stances when you put the soul beast next to the holosmith you can see who was anet’s favorite son. first let’s talk about the beast mode. the concept is cool and honestly if soulbeast was in hot i probebly just say ok it’s not that bad but in pof where every class if fun and well made and you give him old and boring pet skills it’s not gonna work. so as the dagger skills honestly i can’t see the difference between soulbeast dagger and thief daggert they’re almost the same but more based on condi, for exemple the spellbreaker get his 5 skill that’s fun and uniqe so as other spell breaker skills. and finally the utility skills, the stances are so boring that the elite skills looks like an utility skill (it gives me flashbacks from the scrapper) and honestly i don’t see them being used if you gonna do the soulbeast a condi build. why would i use a skill that gives me some might and give up a trap that does 11k bleed dmg there is no point (the bear stance is alright i guess). in the end i just wanna say rewrite the abilities and give them a good buff.

Soulbeast is boring

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

To each their own. I get where you are coming from. Some abilities and aspects are underwhelming. Hopefully, there will be some changes that might make Soulbeast more interesting to you.

Peace, and play what you find fun. I think Holosmith is pretty fun, too.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Soulbeast is boring

in Ranger

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Basically you lose the pet and gain engineer like F skills. That’s soulbeast.

I don’t think they intended to dazzle with this one. It’s more an answer to a long-standing problem of pets sometimes being worse than useless (eg. in some dungeon content) and needing to be put away, and then rangers being kitten because of that.

Soulbeast is boring

in Ranger

Posted by: Lickage.7318

Lickage.7318

Man… the combo’s u can make with you’re pets and beastmode are amazing and fun. And try a different off-hand next to the dagger like an axe.

I must agree the new Utility skills are boring and lazy.

Kaelyn Nightfall – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Gandara
Note: English is my second language

Soulbeast is boring

in Ranger

Posted by: Adenin.5973

Adenin.5973

Man… the combo’s u can make with you’re pets and beastmode are amazing and fun. And try a different off-hand next to the dagger like an axe.

First of all you don’t mean your pets you mean combos with your pet.
Because you have no way to switch your pet F skills in an adequate time to do any combo.

Second, the combos might be fun, especially the bugged gazelle that hits all 5 targets in one hitbox, but other than using this broken pet your combos are not really effective. (also for the gazelle pet you need no soulbeast)

Third. Axe offhand? Seriously? You run around with dagger/axe? And you’re telling me it’s amazing, fun and effective?

Soulbeast has an slightly higher overall dps than what we had previously. but only if you never enter Beastmode, unless you immediately use all 3 F skills in it and immediately leave it.
So we now have a clunky core ranger, with a new completely useless new weapon and a annoying new mechanic, that adds extra work and gives you not much reward for using it. A new mechanic that makes the pet AI upon spawning/despawning the pets everytime you enter/leave Beastmode even more useless and clueless.

The one good thing Soulbeast has atm, I admit it, is good(but not insane) burst dmg. While the power burst dmg will get almost certainly nerfed, the condi burst will probably stay or get even better.

If anet hadn’t added the new green glow around my ranger I wouldn’t believe for a moment that this is a new elite spec.

Edit: I forgot to talk about the stances. Because at least 3 out of 5 are not even worth mentioning.

(edited by Adenin.5973)

Soulbeast is boring

in Ranger

Posted by: Last Warrior Lord.7248

Last Warrior Lord.7248

First of all you don’t mean your pets you mean combos with your pet.
Because you have no way to switch your pet F skills in an adequate time to do any combo.

Second, the combos might be fun, especially the bugged gazelle that hits all 5 targets in one hitbox, but other than using this broken pet your combos are not really effective. (also for the gazelle pet you need no soulbeast)

Third. Axe offhand? Seriously? You run around with dagger/axe? And you’re telling me it’s amazing, fun and effective?

Soulbeast has an slightly higher overall dps than what we had previously. but only if you never enter Beastmode, unless you immediately use all 3 F skills in it and immediately leave it.
So we now have a clunky core ranger, with a new completely useless new weapon and a annoying new mechanic, that adds extra work and gives you not much reward for using it. A new mechanic that makes the pet AI upon spawning/despawning the pets everytime you enter/leave Beastmode even more useless and clueless.

The one good thing Soulbeast has atm, I admit it, is good(but not insane) burst dmg. While the power burst dmg will get almost certainly nerfed, the condi burst will probably stay or get even better.

If anet hadn’t added the new green glow around my ranger I wouldn’t believe for a moment that this is a new elite spec.

Edit: I forgot to talk about the stances. Because at least 3 out of 5 are not even worth mentioning.

I feel the same way. Have to agree.

Soulbeast is boring

in Ranger

Posted by: Cunaan.6815

Cunaan.6815

agreed and /signed

Soulbeast is boring

in Ranger

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

agree with every word soul beast did feel like one dev worked on and the rest feel like 2 worked on ( animation wise there is way huge diffrent ) soul beast feel like toyota next to all those new ferrari