Spike Barrage aiming

Spike Barrage aiming

in Ranger

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

Bristelback’s Spike Barrage.

A cool new ranged pet is what I thought at first.

The thing is, this ability misses fairly easily.

Scenario 1:
If your opponent is on slightly lower ground, than the Spikes will fly over your opponent’s head and miss.
Scenario 2:
If your opponent is on slightly higher ground, than the higher ground will block the projectiles.

Now I can accept scenario 2, but I find scenario 1 to be really weird.
Cant the pet aim the spikes towards the opponent, so that they hit,
similar to how players can do from higher ground, towards an opponent on lower ground? Cant they make it so that the Bristleback can make the spikes go down?

If I position my Bristleback really close to my opponent than chances are he will be on the right height to hit my opponent, but doesnt that beat the point of it being a ranged pet?

Am I overlooking something?

p.s.

Edit:

Juvenile Lashtail Devourer (a scorpion pet), does a similar attack, in that it shoots several spikes from range (less spikes and for less direct dmg though, but he has bleeds and poison among his abilities).
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rending_Barbs

This scorpion pet can aim his spikes in a way that they fly down to the opponent, if the pet is on higher ground and the opponent on lower ground.
So cant they just make the Bristleback able to aim the same?
The mechanic of being able to make your spikes fly down?
Its already in the game after all.

(edited by Yashuoa.9527)

Spike Barrage aiming

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

No. It truly is a clunky skill. Though no where NEAR as clunky as the wyvern skills. Were hoping these issues get addressed with balance updates. If not. I know I atleast will be making many a whine post on the matter.

Ghost Yak

Spike Barrage aiming

in Ranger

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

It makes the pet useless in pvp and should be fixed.

Spike Barrage aiming

in Ranger

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

To be honest if you do land the ability with strength of the pack going you get lots of might. So it could be intentional to ‘balance’ out the ability making it harder to land. Just a though.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

Spike Barrage aiming

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

To be honest if you do land the ability with strength of the pack going you get lots of might. So it could be intentional to ‘balance’ out the ability making it harder to land. Just a though.

There are lots of other pets that can stack might up to 25 nearly instantly though. It’s not for balance reasons. Jellyfish whirls (whatever, first thing that came to mind), drakes, murellows, and so on.