Spike trap recharge makes no sense...

in Ranger

Posted by: Brian.6435

Brian.6435

Fire trap – 12 second recharge
Spike trap 36 second recharge

Fire trap pulses 3 times for its duration.
Spike trap, one and done.

You can use Fire trap 3 times to Spike traps one. I put one trap in my utilities, I have no reason to pick anything but fire trap, even if i have a bleeding build, because 3x use of fire trap is always going to be better than 1 spike trap.

What is the reasoning behind this 36 second recharge?

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

The knockdown. Personally I don’t agree with the long cd of this trap, I don’t find a single knockdown that powerful.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

What is the reasoning behind this 36 second recharge?

The launch and the fact it’s an AOE launch.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

The reason I was against it being moved from a soft cc like immobilize to a hard cc. Also its annoying every time I see IMMUNE pop-up cause stability is everywhere now. What’s more embarrassing is that it won’t setup for an ancient seeds proc, which would be an immobilize ironically.

My adjustment would be 1/2sec daze&1sec immobilize. Chop recharge down to 20sec.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

There isn’t that much of a damage difference when I compare Fire Trap to Spike trap.

Check it again. The AoE CC added to it makes perfect sense when deciding for a 36 sec CD for that.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Unblockable AOE knockdown. CD is fine.

in Ranger

Posted by: Blue Hare.8612

Blue Hare.8612

Supposedly the CD was 20 seconds lower before the knockdown was added. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Spike-Trap-Immobilize-to-KD-20sec-cd/first#post5214442

It can be used to stop revenants Crystal Hibernation (if no stability). And now they are planning to buff Hidden Barbs to 30% so it will have a bit more damage.

Maybe someone should tell http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ that the cooldown has changed, it still says it is 20 (25).

{Lepus Timidus}

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Supposedly the CD was 20 seconds lower before the knockdown was added. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Spike-Trap-Immobilize-to-KD-20sec-cd/first#post5214442

It can be used to stop revenants Crystal Hibernation (if no stability). And now they are planning to buff Hidden Barbs to 30% so it will have a bit more damage.

Maybe someone should tell http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ that the cooldown has changed, it still says it is 20 (25).

Oh crazy I forget I made that ;-)

And I use both sharpening stone/spike trap now ;-)

in Ranger

Posted by: lyriael.4375

lyriael.4375

The reason I was against it being moved from a soft cc like immobilize to a hard cc. Also its annoying every time I see IMMUNE pop-up cause stability is everywhere now. What’s more embarrassing is that it won’t setup for an ancient seeds proc, which would be an immobilize ironically.

My adjustment would be 1/2sec daze&1sec immobilize. Chop recharge down to 20sec.

I wouldn’t say not to a shorter CD, but I am more annoyed that it doesn’t proc ancient seeds. From the tooltips, it really should and thus I consider it a bug.

Spike Trap set a trap that bleeds and launched foes and further down: Knockdown: 1 sec

Ancient Seeds stricking a stunned, dazed, knocked down or launchend foe summons roots to entangle them.