Spirit HP

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: XRay.1920

XRay.1920

I couldn’t find any info on the numbers on wiki or on forum, or at least it didn’t kick me in the face while I was looking, so I’m asking:

How much hp do the spirits have?

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: bezim bezec.8635

bezim bezec.8635

I’ll answer your question and give you extra just because

I was trying to make a spiritmaster build a few months ago and wondered about the stats of the spirits so I ran some tests with a friend for a while and come up with these results:

• Spirits have around 4000 hp (8000 with Vigorous Spirits)
  • Spirits have -100 healing power, I don’t know why?
  • Spirits are immune to CC
  • Spirits release souls upon death for necromancers life force
  • Spirit of Nature will cast Natures Renewel upon death if speced
  • Sprit of Nature’s res range is increased by Natures Vengeance
  • Spirits have a chance on skill activation to gain other spirit buffs
  • Spirits have 1-5% crit chance. Fury buff increases their crit chance
  • Spirits have 800 condition damage stat
  • Spirits have +15% condition duration
  • Sun spirit blinds twice (and seems to give one stack of perma blind if enemy is subject to all pulses)
  • Blind has a chance to burn from the Sun spirit’s buff
  • Stone spirit can proc burning on immob and cripple ticks
  • Spirit summoning underwater has faster casting time
  • All Spirit buff procs have a internal cooldown of 10 seconds

(edited by bezim bezec.8635)

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

They have more than 4000 health points….more like 40,000 if I remember right. And spirit of frost has NO internal cooldown, despite the tooltip.

(I’m pretty sure the tooltip is an attribute for all the spirits so the way it’s programmed, they cannot make one tooltip different from the others. So devs either show no cooldown information or one incorrect cooldown info on frost. shrugs)

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

I started using spirits recently and have been wondering about their stats, so this is soma very useful information bezim, thank you
Chopps: are you sure about the 40.000 hp? They seem to die pretty easily, even when traited for health.

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Chopps: are you sure about the 40.000 hp? They seem to die pretty easily, even when traited for health.

It’s Chopps, of couse it’s not true.

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: Girion.5483

Girion.5483

• Spirits have around 4000 hp (8000 with Vigorous Spirits)

Does this number already take into account the +60% health increase as of the 04/30/2013 update?
Also, isn’t there a difference in the health pool of normal spirits and the elite spirits (Spirit of Nature & Druid Spirit)?

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

It’s Chopps, of couse it’s not true.

You are wrog Holland. 4000 health is tiny. Nothing in this game has 4000 health. I don’t know the exact number but it’s not that low. Blame anet and their awful tooltips and terribad game design. People like you make me wonder why I ever try to help anyone here. It’s. fool’s errand to help you ignoramouses.

Also if youre so good, lets 1v1 rNger v ranger in pvp and see who’s boss? Message me in game i’m loggin on soon. Film it and post on youtube. I’m so sick of noobs like you tellinge what is and what isn’t about this profession.

(edited by Chopps.5047)

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: bezim bezec.8635

bezim bezec.8635

Does this number already take into account the +60% health increase as of the 04/30/2013 update?
Also, isn’t there a difference in the health pool of normal spirits and the elite spirits (Spirit of Nature & Druid Spirit)?

I didn’t test the spirit hp in pvp and It took me about a minute to get that information. 4000 seems about right including post patch which is why they do indeed die in two hits..

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: Hadrians.4567

Hadrians.4567

@ Chopps Spirits had never 40k Hp but in a dream ….

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

On the order of means “a factor of ten higher” in an estimate. I always thought it was in the 10k range like a normal player’s health. I think a bear is 40k health fwiw. I don’t know I don’t really use spirits except in dungeons vs mobs using vigorous spirits and they tend to survive those encounters. All i know is 4000 seems awfully low. Also just because I guess at something that ISNT SHOWN by anet in tooltips doesn’t mean I’m wrong about everything. I’d kick your kitten up and down the sidewalk in pvp ranger v ranger no doubt. See who knows more then?

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Hadrians.4567

What ever Chopps…..

I Hope one Day Spirits will be immortal….. and be usefull because they dont die and i can support my Group ( e.g. WvW )

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: Tywele.7812

Tywele.7812

I want to add a question: Do spirits also have the limitation to 5 allies?

The word “ranger” does not originate from the
word “range” but from “to range”.

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Hadrians.4567

Yes they have ………………….

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: Rengaru.4730

Rengaru.4730

I Hope one Day Spirits will be immortal….. and be usefull because they dont die and i can support my Group ( e.g. WvW )

Don’t hold your breath though, A-Net is constantly buffing them since release… at the speed of continental drift.

And don’t mind Chopps, hes just the local forum troll.

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

On the order of means “a factor of ten higher” in an estimate. I always thought it was in the 10k range like a normal player’s health. I think a bear is 40k health fwiw. I don’t know I don’t really use spirits except in dungeons vs mobs using vigorous spirits and they tend to survive those encounters. All i know is 4000 seems awfully low. Also just because I guess at something that ISNT SHOWN by anet in tooltips doesn’t mean I’m wrong about everything. I’d kick your kitten up and down the sidewalk in pvp ranger v ranger no doubt. See who knows more then?

Lol do you realize all of your responses are “I’m guessing their HP is around this number because that’s what it seems, and I’m not wrong because I’ll pwn you in PvP!” ?

Are all of your facts based on whether you can pwn somebody in “ranger v ranger pvp”? But keep on with the responses though, it’s moderately entertaining.

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Just used a traited one in a duel yesterday and asked the thief to kill it. He pretty much 3 shot it. I would guess 8-10k.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Let me ask the question this way: What would throw the relative strength of spirits out of balance if they did not take physical/weapon damage (but took magical/spell damage)? Fits.

Or What would be unbalancing about allowing spirits to take NO damage but have a longer “reset” timer between usages? What would that balance of NO damage to reset timer need to be?

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Threatening to kick someone’s kitten because they disagree with you? This isn’t Xbox Live dude…

This could all be easily tested by having someone hit them and record how much damage it really took to kill them but I guess threats and suppositions are more scientific.

It isn’t even just about the vitality, ambients take 100k from a fart because they have no armor and I suspect that is also part of the problem with spirits.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

So, was PvPing earlier today and i gotta say, there is no way in hell the spirits health is only 8k, Enemy spirit ranger was not only dealing ~3k off of his storm spirit and 2.4k off of his sun spirit actives but those kitteners were taking hits like champions, and i was dealing no less than 1k per hit, they had to have at least 10-13k health (he obviously had the traits to boost them).

I know he said he was wearing Carrion Gear, so either spirits got a stealth buff to health, those above numbers are false, or they scale off of our vitality. I think i may bust out my spirit build once more…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

So, was PvPing earlier today and i gotta say, there is no way in hell the spirits health is only 8k, Enemy spirit ranger was not only dealing ~3k off of his storm spirit and 2.4k off of his sun spirit actives but those kitteners were taking hits like champions, and i was dealing no less than 1k per hit, they had to have at least 10-13k health (he obviously had the traits to boost them).

I know he said he was wearing Carrion Gear, so either spirits got a stealth buff to health, those above numbers are false, or they scale off of our vitality. I think i may bust out my spirit build once more…

I wonder what his build is…

NSPride <3

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Hadrians.4567

If i am not correct, Spirits have 6.250 Life with Buff, but anyway it make no sense that they could die so easily ( also our Pet ) in large Wvw Fights and for exampel in Fractals.

In Spvp this is no Problem, but in WvW and Pve it is huge…..

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: Cosmoto.8169

Cosmoto.8169

I think Durzlla is talking about my build. I don’t mind sharing this one if you are curious about it.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQJATRjEVd1NVmVg2BglCB7rpITJdPKl0TLYTE-ToAgyCuIQShkDJDSSksIN+Y9B

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The answer to your question is:

Not enough.

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I think Durzlla is talking about my build. I don’t mind sharing this one if you are curious about it.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQJATRjEVd1NVmVg2BglCB7rpITJdPKl0TLYTE-ToAgyCuIQShkDJDSSksIN+Y9B

Yup it was you lol, very similar to mine, main difference between them is that i took a wolf instead of a drakehound and had 20 in BM instead of marks.

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: Cosmoto.8169

Cosmoto.8169

Yup it was you lol, very similar to mine, main difference between them is that i took a wolf instead of a drakehound and had 20 in BM instead of marks.

I’ve been thinking about going back to the wolf for my second pet. I tweaked this from my original spirit build, where I focused on keeping as much distance as possible from my targets to get the most out of my LB’s damage. I was using the drakehound’s immobilize to help with that and the wolf’s fear once they were up close. It’s still useful in making sure my storm spirit stays in range when I activate it.

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

So, was PvPing earlier today and i gotta say, there is no way in hell the spirits health is only 8k…

Nature 15pt-minor transfers buffs to the pet. With the spec he posted, that means he is transfering

• swiftness (from one of the spirits to himself and back to all of them),
  • protection (again, from spirits to him back to all, +from dodge rolls),
  • regeneration and vigor (from Nature 5pt-minor and healing spring)

Plus they are getting healed even more if he pops his elite.

I’m not saying they dont have more than 8k health, but im saying full protection uptime+full regen uptime+ elite heals are going to make it seem like a lot more.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

So, was PvPing earlier today and i gotta say, there is no way in hell the spirits health is only 8k…

Nature 15pt-minor transfers buffs to the pet. With the spec he posted, that means he is transfering

• swiftness (from one of the spirits to himself and back to all of them),
  • protection (again, from spirits to him back to all, +from dodge rolls),
  • regeneration and vigor (from Nature 5pt-minor and healing spring)

Plus they are getting healed even more if he pops his elite.

I’m not saying they dont have more than 8k health, but im saying full protection uptime+full regen uptime+ elite heals are going to make it seem like a lot more.

spirits =/= pets, trust me, i’ve done TONS of testing on that lol

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I’ve been thinking about going back to the wolf for my second pet. I tweaked this from my original spirit build, where I focused on keeping as much distance as possible from my targets to get the most out of my LB’s damage. I was using the drakehound’s immobilize to help with that and the wolf’s fear once they were up close. It’s still useful in making sure my storm spirit stays in range when I activate it.

Ah true, i know i tried using a fern hound a bit for the Regen (it heals spirits) but it wasn’t too good in PvP where people will actually try to kill the spirits, in PvE however that’s a pretty good combo because they mobs normally don’t target the spirits they just try to AoE them

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Raven.9603

after trying the build in this thread, pets still died instantly on the sparring partners (died to: guardian spin-2-win, engi bombs, warrior’s hammer shock, necro’s well-of-something-emo). Instantly, with no chance of moving to safety. In this fights where they did live, they were all too low health to move on the the next fight except of course when fighting the Ranger (lack of aoe if you interrupt the barrage).

In actual hotjoins, they died right away against an engineers and warriors and took some time to die against the others. most fights and all matches were still won, but this is more a testement to how well someone can play without any utility slots (and possibly the strength of rezzing myself with the spirit elite).

spirits still suck, not viable, especially in wvw aoe-heavy situations.

Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

after trying the build in this thread, pets still died instantly on the sparring partners (died to: guardian spin-2-win, engi bombs, warrior’s hammer shock, necro’s well-of-something-emo). Instantly, with no chance of moving to safety. In this fights where they did live, they were all too low health to move on the the next fight except of course when fighting the Ranger (lack of aoe if you interrupt the barrage).

In actual hotjoins, they died right away against an engineers and warriors and took some time to die against the others. most fights and all matches were still won, but this is more a testement to how well someone can play without any utility slots (and possibly the strength of rezzing myself with the spirit elite).

spirits still suck, not viable, especially in wvw aoe-heavy situations.

I was using spirits in WvW and sPvP earlier today and only had issues keeping my spirits up vs Grenade engies, in WvW it was a non issue, there’s enough bodies there to eat up most AoE damage and if my spirits die instead, it means a player wasn’t taking damage for a 4-kittens.

I’d highly recommend using the Blind and lightning strike since they can proc protection (and usually do) from the stone spirit, giving them more uptime, not to mention you can heal your spirits with healing spring.

I’d suggest you get better at using your spirits before saying they’re worthless, because that kittening storm spirit has been critting people for 5k in my build that has a grand total of 0 power.

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Raven.9603

I’d suggest you get better at using your spirits before saying they’re worthless, because that kittening storm spirit has been critting people for 5k in my build that has a grand total of 0 power.

why assume I’m bad at using them? I have yet to ever see storm spirit crit in wvw, though with non-crits at 3400 so 5k sounds about right (this is with power, so perhaps it doesnt make a difference). I wasnt done using them in wvw to include that experience at the time of the post.

Mine constantly died to arrow carts in tower takes, and in just about every single tower siege did not make it through the normal “the gate is down, push through the aoe.” in the few skirmishes of 1-5 I had today, whether they lived was pretty dependent on positioning. they died just about every time I went melee unless I popped the elite spirit. I was using frost spirit in lieu of sun spirit, but im not sure 1 blind every 25sec wouldve dramatically change the results.

in a small skirmish, they are going to eat the aoe’s. its nice to think that in a large battle other players eat the aoe’s instead, but the problem is in a large battle there is much more aoe in general so it was even worse. I guess we’re just having different experiences. sitting ontop of a rampart, frost+sun spirt with an eagle-eye longbow are pretty nice and the elite is always powerful, but that doesnt really translate into viability on the grass.

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Raven, storm spirit can get the fury buff and indeed crit, I just tested it. It stacks with might too. I’d estimate somewhere in the vicinity of 8k or greater with 25 stacks might and fury on a critical hit (it aoe’s so you’re more likely to see critical hits if you take it into the middle of the golem group).

Now, I never got 25 stacks might myself; with a warrior helping me I was able to stack ~20 stacks might and fury on the spirit and then I watched it crit for 7.5k. So the 8k number is just a ballpark estimate (in before I get yelled at for always being wrong about everything…better qualify everything I say before someone gets upset and decides to cry about how I don’t have exact numbers…well guess what? I’m lazy. :P).

Try it yourself, it crits when it has fury…I may have got it to crit without fury but I wasn’t looking for that directly. I’d say more testing is needed but it can crit…I’d say it likely only happens when it has the fury buff.

**I’m not saying they don’t die all the time or whether they’re useful. It’s just interesting to be able to ballpark it’s damage.

(edited by Chopps.5047)

Spirit HP

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

it’s 2 blinds not 1 blind, and i spend most of my time out in the field, i tend to not defend any keeps or that such, i normally run around with a small group (2-3) and flip camps, earlier today though i ran around in a group of 5 and Ninjaed a few towers though and didn’t have much issue, but again i wasn’t in any large scale.

And i’m not saying you’re BAD, i’m just saying you may not have total understanding of how to use your spirits. As an example, i may be a good ranger, but it doesn’t mean i could pick up a bunch of traps (which i tend to not use) and be good with them, i’ll be -ok- but i doubt i’d be as good as a ranger who uses traps ALL THE TIME.