Spirit mechanics

Spirit mechanics

in Ranger

Posted by: Anarchynow.2514

Anarchynow.2514

Hi,

I recently started with ranger for the first time and while the spirits are fun to play with they do not seem to work the way I would expect.

Mainly I have found that storm spirit only applies a stack of vuln one time. I have done some testing and it stays at the one stack of 3. New stacks are not added and duration is not being recharged (which mathematically should with 75% on hit). So does this mean it only gives one stack at the same time?

• Same thing with Sun spirit.
  • frost spirit does seem to have a chance to work on each hit.

So is there a mechanic I am not understanding or an IC that is not being mentioned?

Spirit mechanics

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

There is an ICD. It is called “effect recharge” in the tooltip. 10s for storm and stone spirit, 8s for the sun spirit. Frost spirit doesn’t have an ICD.

Spirit mechanics

in Ranger

Posted by: Anarchynow.2514

Anarchynow.2514

There is an ICD. It is called “effect recharge” in the tooltip. 10s for storm and stone spirit, 8s for the sun spirit. Frost spirit doesn’t have an ICD.

Thanks a lot, for some reason I never saw that. It explains a lot.

Spirit mechanics

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

I hope they will remove this double dip regulation. It makes spirit support kind of unpredictable. They should either count on percentage chance or just an effect that will be appplied to 5 players after the icd.

Actually just a pure stat improvement for every spirit would be nice.
Frost 10% more dmg
Sun 10% more condi dmg
Earth 10% less dmg taken
Storm 10% more crit dmg
Water 10% more outgoing Healing (Including Healing on itself)
Nature 10% less Condition Duration and 10% more boon Duartion

Remove icd and anything that is related to chance and make the spirit activations ground targeted. Spirits would be fixed for eternity

Edit: I also add Heal and Elite Spirit. Nature Spirit has two effects because it should be a bit stronger.

For the Trait i would keep the boon application (but swap swiftness with fury on Storm) and would add activation on death.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

(edited by InsaneQR.7412)

Spirit mechanics

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Actually just a pure stat improvement for every spirit would be nice.
Frost 10% more dmg
Sun 10% more condi dmg
Earth 10% less dmg taken
Storm 10% more crit dmg
remove icd and anything that us related to chance and make the spirit activations ground targeted. Spirits would be fixed for eternity

Yesx4 and yes. The active, if it at all needs to remain, should be ground targeted (or, could be summoned to either ranger or pet for pbaoe).

Question is though – could they use a bit more flavour than simple stat increase? Or is the active enough flavour for spirits? Also, bring back their actives when they die.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Spirit mechanics

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Agree with what Insane wrote.

@OGDeadHead: The active is enough flavor, though, I’m tired of Anet trying to add “flavor” and mucking it up to the point I’d rather things be simple and efficient.

Also, I’d assume Water Spirit would be a 10% more outgoing healing modifier if they ever took Spirits in that direction.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Spirit mechanics

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Agree with what Insane wrote.

@OGDeadHead: The active is enough flavor, though, I’m tired of Anet trying to add “flavor” and mucking it up to the point I’d rather things be simple and efficient.

Also, I’d assume Water Spirit would be a 10% more outgoing healing modifier if they ever took Spirits in that direction.

I edited my post now with Water and Elite included and i add a comment on the trait.

Yes i would say this is enough flavor. Banners for example are only used for the buffs, rarely i have seen anyone who takes the banner with it and use the skills except the blast on #5. So spirits would have a good buffing spot like banners have and an activtion skill for some AoE and its own mechanic for its own flavor.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

Spirit mechanics

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

“Water 10% more outgoing Healing (Including Healing on itself)”

As the only effect now? Feels a bit weak outside of raids possibly?

“Nature 10% less Condition Duration and 10% more boon Duartion”

Same here, you mean this as the only effect? No more healing from it?

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Spirit mechanics

in Ranger

Posted by: enkeny.6937

enkeny.6937

Instead of more healing, water spirit may heal, like nature spirit now.
water spirit passive heal is too low and your healing power not helping at all.
By the way, I miss the Spirits Unbound and the old Nature’s Vengeance traits:
“Spirits can move and follow you.”
“Activated skills of spirits trigger when the spirit is killed.”