Spirits bonuses. How do they work?

in Ranger

Posted by: vezon.8901

vezon.8901

I couldnt really figured out what that 20% means (and 15% from traits).
Is it per second or per hit? Because 20% does just doesnt seems to be true.
Most of the time when a battle begins the boons get triggered but after that most of the time probably not. Im playing with shortbow (good attack speed and a lots of hits), but most of the times I have to hit something more than 20times to trigger that ignite again, which doesnt happen because the mob is already dead. So in my calculation means its less than 5% per hit or less than 10% per sec, and I even put the +15% trait which should give me a 35% chance.
So how does it work?

in Ranger

Posted by: Xiss.9307

Xiss.9307

From my own experience with that spirit I would say that the burning effect have maybe a 10 sec cooldown, starting from the moment you apply it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ravnodaus.5130

Ravnodaus.5130

The burning isn’t working right in my XP. Whether it’s a hidden CD or just bugged as all hell, I just use a different spirit.

Why grind dungeons? Only relevant content…
Why? Gives needed gear…
Why do you need this gear? To do dungeons… duh.

in Ranger

vezon.8901

From my own experience with that spirit I would say that the burning effect have maybe a 10 sec cooldown, starting from the moment you apply it.

I dont think so. It happend a few times (very few) that I apllied burning before it expired.

in Ranger

vezon.8901

The burning isn’t working right in my XP. Whether it’s a hidden CD or just bugged as all hell, I just use a different spirit.

I also use stone spirit, but its the same thing. Its triggering right at the start when actually noone is hiting me and when I need it, almost never trigger.