Spirits should provide short combo field

in Ranger

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

I understand why they are changing spirits.
What I wish they would do to buff them just a little is to allow the active ability to provide a short 3-4 second combo field.

Blind from SUN spirit = light
Call Lightening from STORM spirit = lightening
Cold Snap from FROST spirit = ice
Stone doesn’t really have a logical mate like a few of our traps but also isn’t getting changed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I would love this change. Gives spirits more support viability, and provides more ice and lightning fields (which the game is lacking, ESPECIALLY lightning… seriously, only Elementalist can make lightning fields, and only 2 moves can do it).

Stone Spirit is a problem, though. It would be weird if all of them except that one got a field, and like you said none of them really fit all that well. Maybe they could change Stone Spirit’s active ability to a swamplike appearance instead of mud and make it a Poison field or something.

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Spirit actives should be blast finishers.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Bombsaway.7198

Have to look at all the other characters but that would effectively be a blast every 7 seconds or so on rotation if you had 3 spirits up OR what might be even more overpowered is the thought of having 3 blasts almost instantly from one character.

Love the idea, but think the fields would be better. Hmmm. . . what if stone were the finisher and the others were fields?

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

Have to look at all the other characters but that would effectively be a blast every 7 seconds or so on rotation if you had 3 spirits up OR what might be even more overpowered is the thought of having 3 blasts almost instantly from one character.

Love the idea, but think the fields would be better. Hmmm. . . what if stone were the finisher and the others were fields?

ever played engi?

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Warrior banners have a blast finisher when summoned, and a blast finisher on a 10 second cooldown if you pick it up and press skill 5.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

I understand why they are changing spirits.
What I wish they would do to buff them just a little is to allow the active ability to provide a short 3-4 second combo field.

Blind from SUN spirit = light
Call Lightening from STORM spirit = lightening
Cold Snap from FROST spirit = ice
Stone doesn’t really have a logical mate like a few of our traps but also isn’t getting changed.

No, rangers already have a fairly decent amount of combo fields. Spirits are not meant to do everything. They are team support with the added bonus of having an active ability.

in Ranger

Bombsaway.7198

Fair point Tayn but they are getting nerfed pretty well on the damage side. Losing 1 sec of passive burn reduces damage as does the active storm 35% damage output.

in Ranger

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I will agree to this when other builds see more viability. Until then, I disagree with this wholeheartedly.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Ranger needs something for more interesting combat. Whether it’s combo fields on spirits, better pet management, more creative traits, or just flashier skill animations, something needs to be done.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Actually , spirit actives should be blast finishers

in Ranger

Bombsaway.7198

Well actives as blast finishers would be a bit odd because all spirit builds would then want to take a healing spring for a water field vs the new healing spirit.

Maybe the healing spirit could drop a water field as part of its active and the other actives could blast?

I could get behind the idea of proposing spirit actives blast.

It would certainly help with:
1. Pets that create fields but rangers really can’t use them as well.
2. Torches
3. Trap/Spirit builds (that could be a hoot if one ranger went traps and the other spirits).

It certainly opens up build diversity.

(edited by Bombsaway.7198)

in Ranger

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

Activation of spirit abilities should all be blast finishers. That, and the new water spirit should also apply a short duration water field.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

id rather the water spirit active cleanse conditions or somefin