Staff 4 self cleanse, how?

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Q:

So I know I have done it before but can’t consistently do it. I figure there is some wonky way to do it consistently as that is how this wonky game is often coded. So does anyone know how to cleanse yourself with staff 4? I don’t think its possible to do while immob’d but what I am most curious about is how to do when chilled. Anybody know how to consistently pull it off?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

I think you have to shoot it behind you. The vines begin spawning in front of you so they will only pass through you if you aim backward.

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

Walk Forward and Cast it forward
or
Walk Backwards and Cast it Backwards

I also got cleansed from immob just by casting it in front of me, can’t recall what criterias were met though…

Buggy indeed.

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

Walk Forward and Cast it forward
or
Walk Backwards and Cast it Backwards

I also got cleansed from immob just by casting it in front of me, can’t recall what criterias were met though…

Buggy indeed.

So far I believe this is correct. You have to walk in the direction you are casting, I believe moving at all in variation from that direction can cause it to cleanse or not cleanse… Anyone else?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

In hotm I can consistently clear immobilize (engi npc immobs and chills) with my method so because it is immob I am not moving at all.

If the vines start exactly at player location then what proto says makes sense. You want to walk into their direction then.

(edited by Dojo.1867)

in Ranger

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

I’ve always believed that the cleanse portion was bugged to not cleanse over a certain duration of movement impairment condi on you, could of had like 20 seconds of cripple or chill on me and it wouldn’t cleanse the full duration. Having to make sure the vines are hitting you to receive this effect, I don’t like this design

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

It’s bugged.
It only cleanses one “stack” of each movement impairing condition on you instead of all.
so let’s say you get immobilized by net turret and net shot and use staff 4, it will only cleanse one of the two immobilize stacks.

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

It’s bugged.
It only cleanses one “stack” of each movement impairing condition on you instead of all.
so let’s say you get immobilized by net turret and net shot and use staff 4, it will only cleanse one of the two immobilize stacks.

This makes sense to me. I will test later
And confirm.

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

Tested it in WvW with high duration Crippled and Chill, and can confirm:

If you have high duration of movement impeding condis, its only cleansing like a portion of it (about 10s or so)

I have video footage I’ll post when I have the time