State of Ranger 2017

State of Ranger 2017

in Ranger

Posted by: Kenney.5461

Kenney.5461

So i haven’t been playing Guild Wars since HoT expansion release. I was so frustrated over the Druid that i did quit the game. How is the class right now ? I am thinking about picking GW2 up again and i dont want to play any other class then the Ranger.

State of Ranger 2017

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Healing and Condi druid (can even go base ranger) are meta for higher end pve content,

Power, boon and heal builds are meta for PvP with healing a slight edge due to incorporating the druid trait line, Condi sb may see some use due to buffs,

Ranger even with druid is still sub par in wvw zergs there’s builds you can play but it could be better filled by an ele.

Ranger is still good great for roaming 1v1s and small fights due to ape stealth and lock downs, and good sustain

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

State of Ranger 2017

in Ranger

Eleazar.9478

Ranger actually has a bit of build diversity as all weapons have a place, really up to you what you want to use the only thing I can see being completely ass is double axe or lb and short bow combo ,Theres still useless traits but ALL of the trait lines see lots of use however due to the strength of druids forms cleanse and stealth and more skills to use all the meta PvP/wvw builds incorporate druid trait line top top bottom.

Oh hot pets are still king since then other ones suck they have been buffed so they hit a little better but still sub par, and there’s still plenty wonky traits and not not much flexibility within trait lines

(For example you will always take either shouts or survival skills and one sig for PvP. Glyphs still are meh, with druids elite only being good in druid form in raids)

(edited by Eleazar.9478)

State of Ranger 2017

in Ranger

Eleazar.9478

And give me back my pre specialazion throwable traps and moving spirits!!!!!! Zergs and guild groups could get better use out of us!!!!!!!

State of Ranger 2017

in Ranger

Posted by: Kenney.5461

Kenney.5461

How is the dungeons and fractals now ? It died a bit when they nerfed the dungeon gold rewards i remember.. Is it just HoT and Raids that everyone is playing now ?

State of Ranger 2017

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Fractals are alive and take Rangers/Druids. Small percentage plays Raids, but there’s a raid community. Find a guild that offers raid training and stick with them if you can.

Dungeons are near-dead. You’ll mostly find AC being ran the most, but for other dungeons, it’ll be more difficult depending on your time of day and expectations. A lot more story mode runners, though, unless there’s a daily for a certain dungeon.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

State of Ranger 2017

in Ranger

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

TA groups fill in LFG very quickly as well.

Put it this way: Ranger gets enough dev attention that it can deal top-tier DPS (as condi ranger) WITHOUT its elite spec active. How many other professions have a core build (with HoT gear, admittedly) that is meta? Not many. And druid remains untouchable for heals, as well; meanwhile rev is still in beta with only half an underwater skillset, and the only other healer, water tempest lags behind them both but remains god-emperor of DPS.

State of Ranger 2017

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

If you think Druid remains untouchable for heals, you need to try Ventari Healer. Pure healing to healing, it burst 10-15k heals reliably every 3-5 seconds. Druid barely holds a candle to that, especially in other modes where Celestial Form’s cooldown was increased which further hinders its healing capabilities.

State of Ranger 2017

in Ranger

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

Yeah? Well that’s good then! Do you think the problem is more one of perception at this point?

State of Ranger 2017

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

It’s perception and balancing. People usually have a mix of outdated and misinformed conceptions, while the developers have just an odd and seemingly disconnected sense of balance.

Take your above comment. It’s outdated and scope limited to PVE only without stating so. Now check out Eleazar’s responses: that’s someone who knows the current State of Ranger.

As for the developer side: Strength of the Pack, unnecessary nerfs to conditions, Druid heals reduced 3 times, and axe damage increases exclusive to PvP. But hey, we still have Most Dangerous Game?

State of Ranger 2017

in Ranger

Eleazar.9478

Yeah? Well that’s good then! Do you think the problem is more one of perception at this point?

Of course! this effect gets worse with players for 2 things, Players are meta bound either they go whats perceived meta (for example condi ranger did hella deeps for a while now yet took some time to actually be brought into raids as people didn’t know about its high dps potential and wouldn’t experiment until QT and other high end raid guilds posted videos of it)

Players also think that their game mode is end all be all, I really wish more players would pvx more

Take for example what wonder wall said about druid forms CD and healing nerf thus making heal druid meh might as well take an ele instead.

Also rangers are taken not for solely heals in raids and dungeons, and fracs, its that they can do good burst healing and unique buffs, grace of the land, glyph of empowerment, and frost spirit

State of Ranger 2017

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

WondrousWall, that’s kind of a bitter post, which definitely doesn’t make it not true. That last statement about most dangerous game made me laugh though haha.