State of the Ranger (After "major" patch)

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Enough about engis lol . Seriously, Why do you guys get ingored? Rangers is the class right now with the most problems. I figure its because any thing right now thats works with an AI sucks. Ex. Ele’s conjures, Ranger’s Pets, Engi Turrets. I think this game has a problem with AIs and since Ranger’s are soposed to rely on a bad AI(pet) they are going to have major issues.

Nope, only some folks claim the Rangers are broken – primarily those that want Anet to totally redesign the class into a pet-less massive damage Ranged dps-er … or those that want their pet buffed to the point they can play a combination of easy-mode and god mode. So I’ll say it again:

Funny thread … especially given how solid the Ranger class is in all modes of game-play when skillfully played. Of course like each and every single class in this game, the Ranger could certainly use some tweaking and adjustments, but there is no “crisis” here lol.

Truth be told, the so-called pet “issue” is for the most part, no more than a learn to play issue.

With one, and ONLY one exception, there is absolutely nothing about the Ranger class that makes it a poor class compared to others. They are rock solid in sPvP, among the very best in over-world PvE, and hold their own quite well in WvW. And oddly, despite the “pets are useless” claims and the “our dps is terrible” claims, Rangers are among the best of 1v1 duelist and sPvP classes. Of course there are adjustments that need to be made, skills that need refinement and so forth — but this is true of every class in the game.

As to that one and ONLY exception, that’s obviously PvE dungeon grouping. But if/when Anet were to add a simple “dungeons ONLY pets take 50% less aoe damage” (or some other simple alternative like this) … then this too will become a non-issue.

You must not play anything but ranger, anything and everything a ranger can do the other profs can do better, the ranger is pretty good at 1v1 but i’d say mesmer (maybe not in this Condi meta) and thief are above them now…

I know how to play my ranger, i’m by no means bad at PvP with him, but once you start playing other profs and really knowing what they can do… it’s depressing going back to ranger…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

No…Ision….Min/max dungeon comps benefit from A ranger. Spotter and frost spirit traited cannot be matched. It’s unique buffs only ranger can provide. Indeed, I am not joking: ranger is awesome in dungeons. It’s very hard to play, you eat a lot of aggro and inexperienced players will die with sword. Experienced players will die with sword occassionally. But thats how you have to play. The difficulty needs toned down but it’s very solid. We need aoe stability for some fractals but who knows if anet will give that to us. But that’s about my only gripe there.

The issues are all pvp related. Wvw and tpvp. There are only two builds that work: spirits build or immobilize condi build. People claim zerker ranger works but it does not except in some very situational niches. Beastmaster ranger was nerfed too heavily in june to rely on.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

Enough about engis lol . Seriously, Why do you guys get ingored? Rangers is the class right now with the most problems. I figure its because any thing right now thats works with an AI sucks. Ex. Ele’s conjures, Ranger’s Pets, Engi Turrets. I think this game has a problem with AIs and since Ranger’s are soposed to rely on a bad AI(pet) they are going to have major issues.

Nope, only some folks claim the Rangers are broken – primarily those that want Anet to totally redesign the class into a pet-less massive damage Ranged dps-er … or those that want their pet buffed to the point they can play a combination of easy-mode and god mode. So I’ll say it again:

Funny thread … especially given how solid the Ranger class is in all modes of game-play when skillfully played. Of course like each and every single class in this game, the Ranger could certainly use some tweaking and adjustments, but there is no “crisis” here lol.

Truth be told, the so-called pet “issue” is for the most part, no more than a learn to play issue.

With one, and ONLY one exception, there is absolutely nothing about the Ranger class that makes it a poor class compared to others. They are rock solid in sPvP, among the very best in over-world PvE, and hold their own quite well in WvW. And oddly, despite the “pets are useless” claims and the “our dps is terrible” claims, Rangers are among the best of 1v1 duelist and sPvP classes. Of course there are adjustments that need to be made, skills that need refinement and so forth — but this is true of every class in the game.

As to that one and ONLY exception, that’s obviously PvE dungeon grouping. But if/when Anet were to add a simple “dungeons ONLY pets take 50% less aoe damage” (or some other simple alternative like this) … then this too will become a non-issue.

You must not play anything but ranger, anything and everything a ranger can do the other profs can do better, the ranger is pretty good at 1v1 but i’d say mesmer (maybe not in this Condi meta) and thief are above them now…

I know how to play my ranger, i’m by no means bad at PvP with him, but once you start playing other profs and really knowing what they can do… it’s depressing going back to ranger…

Yes, that must be it, all I play is Ranger —- you got me … LOL ;-)

I’m off now … gotta go play my broken Engineer for a while …. have fun.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Hedgehog in the fog.1053

Hedgehog in the fog.1053

^ And increase the viability of some weapons/builds, and make some of the utility more useful, and make the F2 priority.

There isn’t much needed. Some number changes (The long bow 1 ability), some change in location of traits (Making spotter adept[As the equal traits are on warrior and thief]), and some change in coding (I.E. get rid of Queing on the pets,), and some QoL things to make more builds viable (Moving Spirit Unbound down in tree, making masters bond not reset upon pet switching (reset upon death would still happen)

Just a few, relatively easy changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: HugoCosta.6735

HugoCosta.6735

All you are QQing for nothing, the ranger is great! You guys don’t know how to play with the profession, so you start QQ’ing for every patch, stop crying and go to learn how the skill work make your own build, test it if not ok, try again until you like it.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

All you are QQing for nothing, the ranger is great! You guys don’t know how to play with the profession, so you start QQ’ing for every patch, stop crying and go to learn how the skill work make your own build, test it if not ok, try again until you like it.

Skady is right, posting here is clearly a waste of time. I’ll see you guys on the flip side.

in Ranger

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Hugo Costa for someone to make his first post in the ranger-subforum, never argumented any discussions before, or build discussions, i can’t help but don’t take your post seriously other then on a casual level. And that’s the problem with ranger. The problems are very subtle if you play casual. You won’t see them. Once you played so much casual content, is boring and you go to the next level, aka wvw battles, dungeons, fracs etc, you’ll know soon enough ranger has big issues ESPECIALLY when compared to other profession. Posts like yours mainly give me the impression ‘ranger fists my playstyle most, and i don’t die that much, so ranger is fine’. The thing is, there’s a lot more necessary to make a profession ‘great’.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

So I’ll say it again:
Funny thread … especially given how solid the Ranger… [very, very long snip ]

It didn’t make sense the first time around; repeating it didn’t make it any better. You are clearly superior to all other rangers that have been posting suggestions for direly needed improvements over the last year. Even the greatest optimists on this section of the forum gave up their positive attitude after the last patch.

If you truly believe the ranger is in such a good state compared against other classes, give some solid, fact-based examples of why you believe this to be so. Others have already provided detailed examples of the opposite on many, many occasions. So I’m really curious how, according to you, I should be playing my ranger such that I am on par, damage and group utility wise, with any other class in the game.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

in Ranger

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

I don’t understand the uproar personally. Not one ranger in my guild is complaining about anything. We have pvp nights and the rangers hold their own. I ran the new TA dungeon with two rangers in my group and we completed it just fine. I’ve done just about every instance (including Arah), fractals and everything in between with rangers and have not seen any added difficulty or problems.

As for pets, they should just do what “that other MMO” did and give all pets/turrets/minions an 85% chance to dodge AoE’s.

Anyway, I find the “rangers are dead” and “quitting my ranger” to be outright silly.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

Nope, only some folks claim the Rangers are broken – primarily those that want Anet to totally redesign the class into a pet-less massive damage Ranged dps-er … or those that want their pet buffed to the point they can play a combination of easy-mode and god-mode. So I’ll say it again:

Hard to take this kid seriously, I mean one of the builds he’s suggested in his history is

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNBjODbkoKxOwyvi1SQsKAoWBKxUcoE9eQL13+UGyXeCC-jQyAYLioZiSwILJmKAlALiGbZsIas6FMdJRUtHvIa1yAsMBA-e

Really? You have no merit to even talk about other people QQing about their class as you haven’t fought against good players of other classes obviously or you wouldn’t post that bullkitten in a forum at all.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: little ceasar.9254

little ceasar.9254

Had a nice long post to say something to the effects of remove balance around and requirement to use pet. There is however no point.

Ashr [AGG]RESSION
CD→SoS→BG→ET→DB→JQ→SoS→
Mag→JQ→SoS→JQ→TC→FA→DB→FA→Mag→TC→KN

in Ranger

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

I really enjoy my ranger in dungeons – nice spotter/frost spirit buffs and great damage with birds + sword. (Seriously, throw down sic ‘em, rampage, and warhorn five and type “RANGER BEAST MODE” in party chat – it’s great fun.) You get the hang of sword after a while, and you can keep GS on swap if you get injured/need more reliable dodge. I can keep the pets alive in most encounters if I switch them out.

As for WvW, well, I don’t play as one but I think they at least have great survivability; they aren’t dangerous enough to bother targeting them with my wells.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Well, to be honest, Ryan.8367, that’s not a terrible idea for a build. I’ve attempted similar things. What makes it (in theory) strong in tpvp is that you can pressure a point with the drake and ranged weapons. In practice, it’s a decent build that just doesn’t have some of the extra gas or control of builds I usually play in tpvp and wvw.

I would love for that build to work though. Imagine something like that where you use companion’s might and basically buff your pet through crits. I have found that, in his version, it’s lack if control makes it weak (this is rooted in the choice of signets) such that it’s ineffective. This is a mid range build you sort of peel with. If they close the gap (as warriors so often do) you might find yourself in trouble. Most thieves will pick you apart.

I would love to see that build. Anyways, thanks for baiting me into another post. I will see you guys later!

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Nope, only some folks claim the Rangers are broken – primarily those that want Anet to totally redesign the class into a pet-less massive damage Ranged dps-er … or those that want their pet buffed to the point they can play a combination of easy-mode and god-mode. So I’ll say it again:

Hard to take this kid seriously, I mean one of the builds he’s suggested in his history is

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNBjODbkoKxOwyvi1SQsKAoWBKxUcoE9eQL13+UGyXeCC-jQyAYLioZiSwILJmKAlALiGbZsIas6FMdJRUtHvIa1yAsMBA-e

Really? You have no merit to even talk about other people QQing about their class as you haven’t fought against good players of other classes obviously or you wouldn’t post that bullkitten in a forum at all.

That build works decently in PvP if you take cats, an axe + dagger and SB, Muddy Terrain, Sun Spirit, and frost trap or Sick’Em or QZ or some other ability to help your pet do damage/stick to the target, but yeah I’d never run Signets with that, or gear like that (Rampagers would be better in every way), or run those pets with that… Or those utilities…. Or those weapons with that build….

in Ranger

Posted by: DiamondMeteor.8345

DiamondMeteor.8345

Yeah… don’t be silly in saying we have no place in sPvP. Because it’s simply not true: rangers are still strong on 1v1s.

The PvE and WvW front, on the other hand…

Ranger / Revenant – Crystal Desert

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Yeah… don’t be silly in saying we have no place in sPvP. Because it’s simply not true: rangers are still strong on 1v1s.

The PvE and WvW front, on the other hand…

Until you know, you get immob spammed and die horribly

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I also like the idea of bringing back Preparations as an alternative to the Pets, but I can see how that would be a balancing nightmare just within the class itself, much less in the game as a whole. It would be a much longer term solution that would take quite a bit of time to implement properly.

The best suggestion I have is giving a cooldown time between passive and active for the pet (like 10 seconds), but in return whenever the pet is on passive, they turn into a spirit and cannot attack anything while becoming immune to everything and untargetable. F1, F2, and F3 will then change to different buffs you can give the party depending on the pet type (each on 30 second cooldown), while also giving the Ranger a buff that increases their power and condition damage by a set amount. Basically a “support mode” for a Ranger. It gives us that party support we so desperately need, while making the pet more useful.

Examples of supports for Bird types:
One With the Wind: Gives Swiftness to up to 5 allies for 7 seconds.
Rage of the Birds: Gives Fury to up to 5 allies for 7 seconds.
Cool Breeze: Does a 1K AoE heal with 7 second Regen and 5 second Vigor to up to 5 allies.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

Skady is right, posting here is clearly a waste of time. I’ll see you guys on the flip side.

But when i recommend rangers as a class to play they all pounce on me and say no ranger war ,guardian and mes please.

in Ranger

Posted by: AydenStar.4216

AydenStar.4216

As a Rangers we need to have a thick skin because we are shunned by most of the GW2 and the running joke of this game.

in Ranger

Posted by: Teenwolf.9174

Teenwolf.9174

I feel as if i have been let down. My ranger has been my main since beta. I have spent a lot of time and gold developing and tweaking my beloved ranger. Leading up to this patch I was quietly optimistic that I would be able to compete in WvW. Sadly, I was let down. There is absolutely nothing the ranger excels at in WvW over another class. With that being said…. My ranger, with all of the time wasted on all possible ascended pieces and a legendary will be sitting idle while I smash the crap out of other rangers on my ridiculously OP warrior.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

I really enjoy my ranger in dungeons – nice spotter/frost spirit buffs and great damage with birds + sword. (Seriously, throw down sic ‘em, rampage, and warhorn five and type “RANGER BEAST MODE” in party chat – it’s great fun.) You get the hang of sword after a while, and you can keep GS on swap if you get injured/need more reliable dodge. I can keep the pets alive in most encounters if I switch them out.

As for WvW, well, I don’t play as one but I think they at least have great survivability; they aren’t dangerous enough to bother targeting them with my wells.

I feel the same way, but I find that pets die too much in aoe-heavy dungeons to be worth investing many traits in them.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Piedplat.3597

Piedplat.3597

I will ask a dev to remove my ranger and replace it to a other toon of my chose and with similar gear.

Yeah I know, I can dream.

But I will not, is given reason to Anet.

Atleast fix bugs…

/Piedplat Ranger80/Palissade Guardian80/Mystyphika Mesmer80/ ArmataTenebrae[AT] BG
http://www.armata.ca/

in Ranger

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

I will ask a dev to remove my ranger and replace it to a other toon of my chose and with similar gear.

Yeah I know, I can dream.

But I will not, is given reason to Anet.

Atleast fix bugs…

Its not unthinkable if enough petition for it.

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

in Ranger

Posted by: Forged.7598

Forged.7598

You pretty much said it…

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Really, the class is in a good state in terms of effectiveness (well, outside of WvW at least), but the biggest problem seems to come from whether or not you like certain niche builds.

In PvE, you can deal some of the highest DPS while giving your party permanent fury, but you have to use the 1h sword and warhorn. This means that you’re spending your time using the only weapon in the game that prevents you from dodging just by auto-attacking and of course you’re without a dodge in melee. The frost spirit is a pain to keep up, but it’s a pretty unique damage buff that no one else can provide.

In PvP, spirit rangers are still relatively untouched except that vigor doesn’t come from every tick of Healing Spring any more. Considering how many spirit rangers were prevalent in teams during the MLG 9/27 tournie, I doubt they’re really in trouble. (source: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:TahiriVeila/MLGInvite27Sep2013). That being said, out of all the PvP classes/builds I’ve tried, I found the spirit ranger to be one of the least engaging builds to play, which made it one of the least enjoyable for me.

And really, this may be part of what causes so much distress for rangers. The most effective PvE spec has a very high skill cap since you have so little defensive utility as a 1h sword ranger compared to other classes and managing a pet and a spirit at the same time just makes things tougher. On the other hand, playing the most effective PvP spec puts you in arguably one of the simplest PvP builds around and has a very low skill cap.

That’s my 2 cents at least. =P

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

the spotter +spirit +sword warhorn build is good in SOME dungeons . Anything a bit more complex and the ranger falls flat on his face in terms of relative effectiveness . Can a ranger complete all content ? Yes . Is it fast/reliable enough ? Nope .

in Ranger

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Rangers are fine in pve, spvp and boss encounters- not great, but adequate.

The real problems are in wvw, hence why after more than a year basically none of the issues have been addressed.

Pets die before they ever reach their target in zerg fights, both your pets will be on cooldown, spirits will be gone and if you think of leaping into that melee train or barraging it forget it, retaliation will wipe you out.

They are viable in small fights and for camp capping, but terrible attacking or defending structures as most of your pets take no part in those fights at all.

There have been numerous suggestions as to how these problems could be solved but until now nothing has been done and rangers remain the unloved class in wvw.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Ranger

Posted by: Piedplat.3597

Piedplat.3597

they reduce the base dps on pet…

/Piedplat Ranger80/Palissade Guardian80/Mystyphika Mesmer80/ ArmataTenebrae[AT] BG
http://www.armata.ca/

in Ranger

Posted by: An Siorai Tharian.4516

An Siorai Tharian.4516

Yeah they took something that was already nerfed and nerfed it some more, traps. Traps are the ranger equiv of the Engineer Grenade kit now back when the explosive radius was about the size of a fart from a midget. LOL hehe sigh sniffles…..I need a tissue.

Pets omg pets. not only did turrets not get a drop of the 71% health in PVE but ranger pets did and it didn’t make a single bit of difference predictibly! Seriously Anet 90% AOE immunity. It’s the only way unless you’ll be giving pets the Champion Boss level of hitpoints and the resists the bosses have to CC and burst damage.

I fail to understand this… are you guys complaining because pets die to fast in Player vs. Environment? Because that hasn’t been my experience (granted the most AoE spamming I have seen on my Ranger atm is the Frost Maw Boss as I am only level 19, but still). Point is you can swap pets the same way you can swap weapons. When one is getting low on HP, swap it out. That way the original pets hit points reset and you aren’t stuck with the obscene swap cooldown you get when a pet actually dies out right. Once the next pet starts getting low, swap that one as well. Keep doing that and you won’t run out of pet up time if you play it smart.

That is really the best way to go when it comes to PvE. If your complaint is that you are being face rolled in PvP or WvW because the pet and traps are being nerfed… well yeah. I could have told you that all the way back in Guild Wars ONE. Ranger was sub optimal in Guild Wars One in almost every PvP scenario with the exception of Zaishen Battles where you are basically fighting a party of NPC’s and the best strategy is to have a Trap Ranger set up traps and then carpet bomb them with an Elementalists Meteor spell. But that strategy really doesn’t work on human players because the human intellect will stay out of range of the traps, and move out of the blast radius of the Meteor in the direction you don’t want them to move in.

Pets don’t work in general against human players either because they will ignore the pet and go straight for the actual player instead. That means that Ranger is not the best option to be PvP’ing or WvW’ing with. So unless your complaints are solely related to how Ranger performs in PvE, Dungeons, and Fractals, your point is kind of invalid for this kind of discussion because other human players are just too smart for you to stand a chance against with conventional ranger tactics.

As for Pets dying to out and out AoE. Learn to swap them before they die and you should be better off.

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA
Ranger 80 | Elementalist 30 | Guardian 29 | Necromancer 21

in Ranger

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

I fail to understand this… are you guys complaining because pets die to fast in Player vs. Environment? Because that hasn’t been my experience (granted the most AoE spamming I have seen on my Ranger atm is the Frost Maw Boss as I am only level 19, but still).

I stopped reading here. Level your character, enter any dungeon or Tequatl fight and come back talk to me how pets amazingly survive any fight

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

in Ranger

Posted by: UnawarePolarBear.9502

UnawarePolarBear.9502

I found it hilarious that the developer team couldn’t locate the trait, personally – really personified just how pathetic our class is right now.

I’m kind of upset that I am calling it “our class” because really, it should be considered a class that someone actually wants to play.

It’s pretty much garbage. Time to follow the META and roll a guardian.

in Ranger

Posted by: An Siorai Tharian.4516

An Siorai Tharian.4516

I fail to understand this… are you guys complaining because pets die to fast in Player vs. Environment? Because that hasn’t been my experience (granted the most AoE spamming I have seen on my Ranger atm is the Frost Maw Boss as I am only level 19, but still).

I stopped reading here. Level your character, enter any dungeon or Tequatl fight and come back talk to me how pets amazingly survive any fight

Um… unless Tequatl or the bosses in every single dungeon (even the low level ones) can somehow one shot a Ranger’s Pet with any random attack much less an AoE that in almost every case (with the exception of Grenade style attacks) does damage over time instead of damage in one large lump sum. Then you should be more than capable of using the Pet Swap Mechanic to save your pet when it gets down to 25% health from dying. If you time it right, then you will have a short cooldown on your Pet Swap Mechanic, your original pet will have its hit points completely reset on the bench, and your new pet will automatically attack the target you are attacking. You can then proceed to do the same thing over again when this new pet hits 25% health.

The only time (at least in my experience) that the pet swap feature has an extended cooldown is when the pet actually dies. But if your doing the pet swap at 25% health, that shouldn’t happen.

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA
Ranger 80 | Elementalist 30 | Guardian 29 | Necromancer 21

in Ranger

Skady.5916

Not sure if trolling or…?

Ok An Siorai Tharian.
Let me enlighten you, in almost any dungeon (with rare exception) bosses do “one shot aoe attacks” every 5-10 sec. Pet swap cooldown = 20 sec. After you swap your pet twice you are left with dead pet for 60 sec, hence losing 40% DPS. This is a “dodge or die” game, it differs a bit from what you currently see in Queensdale at level 19

Please don’t think that you are smarter than every other single ranger on this forums playing for 1 year+. Believe me my friend, the idea of pet swap came to us a long time ago. Unfortunately it just doesn’t work. 20-60 sec pet swap cooldown is just too long for Lupicus throwing off 1 shot AOEs. For example Ele can swap their class mechanics as often as every 8 sec without any death penalty or whatnot, they also have trait that resets that tiny 8sec cooldown immediately on crit. See the difference?

You are welcome.

p.s. In before he starts teaching us how to use F3

-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

So how do I protect my pet when I have to dodge the boss’ one-shot attack while meleeing with my pet?

(edited by Sarision.6347)

in Ranger

Skady.5916

So how do I protect my pet when I have to dodge the boss’s one-shot attack while meleeing with my pet?

Sssshhh, it’s a next level question.

Apparently pets are ok in Queensdale – no fix needed!

-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

in Ranger

Posted by: meikodesign.6471

meikodesign.6471

The only time (at least in my experience) that the pet swap feature has an extended cooldown is when the pet actually dies. But if your doing the pet swap at 25% health, that shouldn’t happen.

Sometimes you just can’t… except maybe with a heavy BM build.

Lunavi – Ranger 80 ~ Charr Kuttery – Warrior 80
Little Lunavi – Ranger – Rank 4x
[CPC] Insert Coin – Vizunah Square [FR]

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Ill take my time and wait for some major traits to be fixed..But i want to experiment with something in spvp and WvW(even tho i dont play a lot)….Ive seen 2 major issues that a Ranger can take advantage.
1.A lot of access in immob (spiders with malicous training can chain a 11sec immob)
2.Pretty good Vigor aoe sharing, its rare for this boon to be shared aoe, most classes are keeping it for themselves

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

well, honestly, after the PvE hp buff we should be much better off in dungeons, especially with drakes, spiders or devourers

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

I think that we still need a little more hp buff tho..Especially for birds and cats

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

“hold their own quite well in WvW”? lol

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Ranger

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

You guys are not the mesmer or ele, so stop the QQ.

Check this graph out.

http://www.chartgo.com/share.do?id=05adfec8aa

You had the HIGHEST representation at the latest MLG tourney

Done, do not complain anymore. My main class had about 5%, and eles were not harmed in the making of that tourney.

Stop the QQ.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

(edited by Divinity.8041)

in Ranger

Posted by: Supreme.4051

Supreme.4051

Pet AI still horrible.

F2 skills are unresponsive, howls take 10 seconds before they activate.

Pets just stand around doing nothing, there’s 2 enemies I’m attacking and my pet just doesn’t do anything.

Lick wounds is as random as it’s ever been.

These problems have been around since beta… >_>

in Ranger

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Check this graph out.

Done, do not complain anymore. My main class had about 5%, and eles were not harmed in the making of that tourney.

Stop the QQ.

And ? what’s you point ? only mesmer can QQ ? your clones are broken ? not effective ?

The graph you brought up means 0, nothing, open you eyes next time you join WvW and count how many warriors and guardians are there compared to ranger, engi or mesmer, you will find out that charts cannot be taken in consideration here.

And there are developers who playe Mesmer in WvW / sPvP / pve, but rangers ? hell, they don’t even know the rangers traits, I saw only 1 screen of a dev playing it, and it was in pve..

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Check this graph out.

Stop the QQ.

Are you somehow under the impression that a class can have problems and also do well? This class is a strong roaming/1v1 class. Go read the WvW forums for a change and see how well the class does there.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Well, I think I do fairly well roaming—if I choose one of maybe two or three builds. If there’s a problem, it’s the reliance on conditions, regeneration, or pet damage. If there is shaving in the future, adjustments to conditions or immobilize will have a detrimental effect on my K/D. Zerker or power type builds are viable but if and only if the ranger can create space and gaps. It is difficult to have the same K/D with zerker as with the other aforementioned builds. But blowing someone up with zerker ranger feels fun and almost trollish. So that’s a good thing.

So as far as roaming goes, this patch didn’t affect that (yet, unless a bunch of nasty new meta appears like the perma 25 stack confusion thief build). I have a high K/D rate roaming (counting fair fights) and I sometimes win battles I shouldn’t through skill. I have lost to stronger players (sometimes through rock, paper, scissors builds, other times through being outplayed). These professions include mesmers, guardians, thieves, warriors, engineers, and elementalists. I generally do not lose to necros. I always defeat rangers.

So, from that perspective, balance appears to be improving. I just wish bug fixes came at a faster rate (which was my big gripe yesterday).

in Ranger

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Oh I love engineer, its my fave character class by far. But turrets are useless, rifle and pistols are useless, cant use backpacks without clipping with kits, kit builds are the only useful setups.

Rifles and pistols are so far from useless wow. Lets not even get into the ridiculous confusion stacks you get with pistol/shield and perplexity runes or the rifles burst power. smh

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Biggest problem at the moment for rangers is PvE. In sPvP and WvW we more or less have a definite role, but in PvE there really isn’t much we can provide to our party that some other class could do most likely even better.

Sure we have our frost spirit/spotter build but even that is so situational and requires you to do so much more compared to other classes to get a similar performance. Be it because of dumb AI, very cumbersome and unintuitive sword autoattack or the fact that most of the PvE damage mitigation relies on dodging which is something our pets are just incapable of.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Check this graph out.

Stop the QQ.

Mesmers aren’t in a bad place though… and eles i’d argue are about on par with us so we are more than able to QQ if ele can QQ.

The reason Mesmer is not in the tournies and competitive pvp right now is because the counter to the entire class is conditions, and do you know what the meta currently is in PvP? Yeah, you can kinda see why they’re not as heavily played right now…

in Ranger

Posted by: Cody.5241

Cody.5241

Not sure if trolling or…?

Ok An Siorai Tharian.

LOL, I thought this too. It’s awesome that a l.19 is trying to effectively come out with “L2P”… sigh

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Check this graph out.

Stop the QQ.

LOL this is why we can’t have nice things.

Protip: no one cares about spvp aside from Anet. All it is is a ghetto testing grounds for WvW theory crafting.