Stats and gear for dungeon?

in Ranger

Posted by: Whatever.3208

Whatever.3208

Hi,
Looking for some pointers to improve my ranger when doing dungeons.
This is what I have :

Traits :
30/30/0/0/10

Stats :
Power 2073
Precision 1946
Toughness 951
Vitality 936

Attack 3073
Critical Chance 53%
Armor 2015
Health 15182

Gear :
Full Berserker’s (pow/pre/crit dmg)
Jewels : opal ori of explorer

Do I need to replace my jewels with toughness ones or better vitality ones?
Change my traits a bit?

Isn’t there a way to view other players stats and gear?

Tx in advance

in Ranger

Posted by: restoration.2806

restoration.2806

Ok so first problem here is that your complete glass cannon. In AC it might work and TA too but other dungeons not really. Im guessing your a power/prec/crit ranger. I am too and I play 20/30/10/0/10. Your crit chance is 53% mine is 51% with longbow and 53% with shortbow. I use knights gear with knights rings and rest of my accessories rampager’s. Your armor should be power/prec/toughness. I have 1894 toughness and same precision as you. I feel toughness is better for this build because I already specced toughness with wilderness survival. Obviously there are many variations and if you wanna go vita you can but you need to get either vita/toughness on you asap. Make up whatever power/prec you lose in your armor with accessories but get toughness/vita in your accessories too.

Long story short glass cannon is terrible in PvE contrary to what some say about any build is viable in PvE it is NOT and is very easily discernible when some one is full glass cannon making the dungeon much harder than it needs to be.

in Ranger

Whatever.3208

Tx for the responce
Made emerals jewelry of the knight and replaced a few armorupgrades here and there and now I have :
Power 2083
Precision 2010
Toughness 1422

Attack 3083
Crit chance 56%
Armor 2486

Vit is the same.

in Ranger

restoration.2806

Thats pretty good mind posting the exact gear lol? Seems a bit better than mine

in Ranger

Whatever.3208

Sure, here we go
Armor :
Full Berserker’s Emblazoned
Runes :
4X Major Rune of Divinity (not too sure of the runes though, perhaps I should change those with others but haven’t got a clue by what)
1X Major rune of Svanir (for the thoughness)
1X Emerald Crystal

Jewels :
Full Emerald Orichalcum Jewels of the Knight

So I go mainly for pow/prec/crit dmg/toughness.

Do you think that 1422 toughness is high enough to dungeons?

Tx in advance

in Ranger

restoration.2806

well i have 1800 toughness but your armor is better than mine lol

in Ranger

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

Just sharing my stats

Traits: 30/30/5/0/5

Power: 2305
Precision: 1691
Toughness: 1297
Vitality: 1247
Attack: 3385
Crit Chance: 41%
Crit DMG: 81
Armor: 2,361
Health: 18,392

I have Power/Tough/Vit main pieces with Ruby Orb inserts. Accessories and Weapons are Glass Cannon (Power/Prec/Crit Dmg). My Fractal rings are Lunaria, Circle of the Moon and Lost Seal of Usoku.

I’m thinking about dropping the toughness and going full Vitality instead. Switching out my Power/Tough/Vit pieces for Power/Vitality/Crit Dmg. Haven’t decided yet though. >__< I figured that way my Crit Dmg would be better and I’d have a higher health pool to compensate for my lack of Toughness. Hmm!

Your new stats look better than before. I just don’t know how much Toughness will effect survivability in Dungeons as opposed to Vitality. Since Toughness only effects direct damage, you’re more vulnerable to condition damage.

in Ranger

Posted by: theeagleeye.7693

theeagleeye.7693

Just my 2 cents. I have a fair amount of experience doing dungeons. (I own both TA and CoE armor sets )

1. Glass Cannon builds suck at PVE. Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise. Successful runs are not based on whether or not you finish it. Success is based on how well you coordinate and how few times you die. The Attack-die-Waypoint-run (repeat 30x) formula for a boss fight is not a good way to do dungeons. Having said that, 15k health won’t cut it. I strongly suggest you get it up to at least 16.5k health. Try taking on CoE’s Subject Alpha and you’ll quickly realize squishy builds are completely useless. No use having so much attack power if you die in like 2 hits.

2. Your crit chance is overkill. From my test runs, and target dummy sessions, anything above 47% crit chance (and I’d dare say even above 45%) will gimp your other stats. You’re better off increasing your power, and in turn, your attack power for higher damage. I sit at 3,350-ish attack power IIRC. My suggestion would be to give up about 100-200 precision and pour it on Power and/or Vitality. And nope, I don’t have ascended gear yet.

Of course, I don’t consider my build superior to other builds, but it works for me. Try it out, and learn from our input. Hope you are able to make the ranger that fits your playstyle. Best of luck

Some must fight, so that all may be free!

Fort Aspenwood

(edited by theeagleeye.7693)

in Ranger

Posted by: Raeyne.5086

Raeyne.5086

You seem to be well onto the right track now from these suggestions. As a rule of thumb, I never go into a dungeon with less than 2500 armour without food buffs.

Being a glass cannon you can output massive damage, sure, but that doesn’t help if you’re dead from 1-2 attacks.

I also try to keep power and precision balanced with each other. Although I’m a large fan of critical hits, so I have sigil of accuracy and ranger runes. With a short bow I crit 65% of the time using toughest/precision food, and hit for 1000 or so per crit… Obviously varying depending on the enemy.

On top of that, as I use short bow, I have a little in the way of condition damage, not a lot though, as it is chancy on ranger, depending on availability of mobility and flanks.

Commander Taranius Vier – Guardian
Leucetius Vier – Necromancer | Adiella Vier – Ranger
Proudly representing The Unlikely Plan [TUP] on Aurora Glade.

in Ranger

Whatever.3208

Tx for all the answers. After some reading and tweaking I have now:
Build : 30/30/5/0/5
Stats :
Power 2080
Precision 1914
Toughness 1549
Vitality 1013

Attack 3080
Crit Chance 52
Armor 2613
Health 16052

I could lose some precision in favour for toughness or vitality by replacing my SB but need to save some money first

Did a few dungeons already AC and CM but still go down quite a few times (perhaps it has nothing to do with my armor but because I’m a Noob)

in Ranger

Posted by: Valderius Rex.4108

Valderius Rex.4108

As far as crit chance goes, you can feel good about ‘over stacking’ crit chance if you’re trying to trigger a lot of on-crit effects like sigils of air/blood/fire.

If they ever make sharpened edges and companion’s might into usable traits (the current 1 second duration is bs) there could be a really strong build there using the axe and short bow.

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

You seem to be well onto the right track now from these suggestions. As a rule of thumb, I never go into a dungeon with less than 2500 armour without food buffs.

Just curious, why 2500? Are you melee or ranged? I personally tend to get away with 2.2-2.3k armor with liberal use of dodge/evade skills.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Hey. Just thought I’d put in my two cents, which is that these people are wrong and that glass cannon is fine on rangers for dungeons. The key is not to die, obviously. If you want to have an easier time, you can use knights or some other more tankish armor, but if you want to be the best damage ranger you can be, you just need to learn to survive without any defense. Pvp is a different story, but we are not talking about that. (If you want to talk to me about it in game, my username is Not David.)

in Ranger

restoration.2806

Hey. Just thought I’d put in my two cents, which is that these people are wrong and that glass cannon is fine on rangers for dungeons. The key is not to die, obviously. If you want to have an easier time, you can use knights or some other more tankish armor, but if you want to be the best damage ranger you can be, you just need to learn to survive without any defense. Pvp is a different story, but we are not talking about that. (If you want to talk to me about it in game, my username is Not David.)

See this is the problem people keep giving advice that glass cannons work fine in dungeons. It doesn’t because your made of glass! If you get downed in 3-4 hits your no good to your team no matter how high your DPS is. You need survivability because tanking is impossible in this game. You need to be able to take a few hits so that you can either knockback or get out of trouble and heal thats how you stay alive. It’s called survivability. Go run SE/CoF hell even CM. It is SO easy to tell when you have a glass cannon build on some one because they go down repeatedly. Doesn’t matter if you have dps you can dodge what max 3 attacks before you get hit? This kind of advice is why there are so many scrubs running dungeons now a days.

in Ranger

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

See this is the problem people keep giving advice that glass cannons work fine in dungeons. It doesn’t because your made of glass! If you get downed in 3-4 hits your no good to your team no matter how high your DPS is. You need survivability because tanking is impossible in this game. You need to be able to take a few hits so that you can either knockback or get out of trouble and heal thats how you stay alive. It’s called survivability. Go run SE/CoF hell even CM. It is SO easy to tell when you have a glass cannon build on some one because they go down repeatedly. Doesn’t matter if you have dps you can dodge what max 3 attacks before you get hit? This kind of advice is why there are so many scrubs running dungeons now a days.

Build : 30/25/0/0/15
Armor and Accessories : Full berserker with Ruby Orbs

Completely disagree with you, if you are getting hit that much you are doing something wrong, its not just about stats, if your build sucks it doesn’t matter at all, that and you have to know how to use your class and its skills.

in Ranger

Posted by: Raeyne.5086

Raeyne.5086

Just curious, why 2500? Are you melee or ranged? I personally tend to get away with 2.2-2.3k armor with liberal use of dodge/evade skills.

I switch between weapons a lot depending on which part of which dungeon. I prefer short bow / longbow when I can get away with it, but let’s take fractals for example. On the dredge level I will equip a great sword as it gives me good defensive abilities as part of my usual attack layout for when standing on buttons.

Or on Jade Maw, as half the monsters reflect projectiles!

Over all on my build I like to find a balance and without sacrificing too much offence, be able to look after myself for the many occasions that require it.

As for why 2500, this is just the number which keeps me feeling happy, it’s at the level at which I take low damage, and I achieve it easily while still holding the vast majority of my offensive power. As nice as it would be to be able to run glass, stamina isn’t infinite, and many attacks are unavoidable. At this level I next to never go down, yet my health may drop low, but not too fast that my healing can’t recharge.

Of course, being at range in some fights means pretty much immunity to damage, but those are few and far apart!

Commander Taranius Vier – Guardian
Leucetius Vier – Necromancer | Adiella Vier – Ranger
Proudly representing The Unlikely Plan [TUP] on Aurora Glade.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

Depends on the weapons you use aswell really,for instance I can spec more for crit if I’m using a longbow as I tend to be at the very back,usually on higher ground :P

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

Sharing stats:

Traits: 20/20/0/30/0

Power 1923
Precision 1520
Toughness 1197
Vitality 1448

Attack 3003
Crit Chance 33%
Armor 2261
Health 20402

Full exotic with very mixed up superior runes, each piece different one, it synergizes with my build though.

Rings etc still need to be maxed out, stats/upgrades are also mixed. Only exotic one I have is ruby orichalcum ring of the berserker. The rest are greens etc.

Ghastly Longbow of Force
Mystic Crescent

So I still need to get my char maxed out gear-wise. Not sure if I want to lean heavily towards DPS or bunker or something by going full berserker or something… It seems popular to do that. But we can all do the math and logic, it’s not better, it’s different. I like it the way it is actually, pretty allround and since last update that doesn’t mean damage is bad when firing longbow from max range, flanking with shortbow etc.. using the right utility skills etc etc…

Those were my 2 cents :P

in Ranger

Posted by: SilenceBlack.4973

SilenceBlack.4973

Hi all!
I am wondering to make a new set of armor for hardest pve content like high level fractals and Arah explorable mode. I am a bit confused, should i go for Knight or Valkyrie stats set (or even other)? In general, how much armor and hp should i have to be attuned to that content?

Thank you in advance!

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

Hi all!
I am wondering to make a new set of armor for hardest pve content like high level fractals and Arah explorable mode. I am a bit confused, should i go for Knight or Valkyrie stats set (or even other)? In general, how much armor and hp should i have to be attuned to that content?

Thank you in advance!

Hey I’m doing Fractals 10-19 now and I have to say a set of 50/50 jewels and armor of Knights and Valkyrie work great. You get it all, Power, Toughness, Precision, and even Vitality.