Stats for WvW Roaming

Stats for WvW Roaming

in Ranger

Posted by: Uriel.6310

Uriel.6310

Just finished getting my ranger to max and ready to jump into wvw. However, Im not sure which stats are best for wvw roaming. I know I could go all berserker but I also would not like to drop like a fly, plus I am under the impression that almost every ranger in WvW is full glass. What mixture of gear should I be trying to attain in order to hit hard yet not fall over so easily? Also, I have rings such as “Vine of the Pale Tree” , it has most of the stats that bersker has but has some vitality to it. Would that be of any use?

GW2 was never made to be more innovative than other MMOs, it was made to be different than GW1.

Stats for WvW Roaming

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

2.5k power
2.7k toughness
16.5k health
30% crit chance
200% crit damage

+ easy access to:
swiftness/run speed increase
fury
stability
soft/hard cc
and movement skills

These are the basic stats you should aim for, and you can adjust it from there. Many of the best players in wvw atm have tweaked their build and min/maxed it. I believe I’ve done so myself, but I’m still in the process of actually acquiring the gear.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Stats for WvW Roaming

in Ranger

Uriel.6310

would it be possible if you could link me with a build to adjust it?

GW2 was never made to be more innovative than other MMOs, it was made to be different than GW1.

(edited by Uriel.6310)

Stats for WvW Roaming

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

What weapons?

Stats for WvW Roaming

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

Stats for WvW Roaming

in Ranger

Uriel.6310

This works. Thanks a lot. I will probably be using sword/x as I roam but ill have a GS too to equip whenever I need it.

Stats for WvW Roaming

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

Here:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAT8YnEqQLLWwC2CCXLGYPoWHAFwZ3uHu2dw1WUwqG-TVTBABlq+zT7PsxRAgGdDapE5hLAgCmguSZUXKFwSJRGKBX4gAAwDAIAACADdn7cn3MpA0TZE-w

And no problem! =]

If you have any other questions, just ask me in game @S H A D O W F A L L

(edited by shadowpass.4236)

Stats for WvW Roaming

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

I’m not a fan of LB in WvW at all as it is seemingly 99% of the time a one way ticket to the downed state.

Somehow I think I am against the popular here as every ranger I take out or see taken out uses a LB. I have quite simply not run into a ranger that did not have LB as one of his/her weapons. I’m not sure of the appeal other than it was the weapon that got tweaks last?

In any case, to put my two cents in on the question at hand, I would run with a small group prior to roaming. This being because you are a new 80 to WvW and will be eaten alive by the dedicated roamers at this point. That is unless you come from a thief or something and already are used to roaming…if so you might be alright.

Stats for WvW Roaming

in Ranger

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I don’t have that many hours roaming on a ranger yet, but I did probably 1500 hours on my mesmer. I think the prior comment about roaming with a small group to get started is really smart. If you haven’t been doing a lot of fighting against other players, roaming solo in the wvw tiers that have fair populations is probably going to be frustrating.

When I decided to make a ranger for roaming, I went with conditions and traps because I thought it was more survivable and could possibly handle multiple opponents. Fairly often when you’re roaming, you’ll run into some kind of outnumbered situation. It’s totally fine to run away from those, but I like to try some tough fights (and I lose lots of them).

So I would try to get some experience in WvW first before you lock into a specific build (especially if you’re thinking about buying / crafting expensive gear).

Stats for WvW Roaming

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

expect to get outnumbered fast if you are roaming correctly. And then have the balls to fight them. Keep dying to them and you get free practice at the expense of their time !

Stats for WvW Roaming

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU