Stealth Greatsword Upgrade?

in Ranger

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

Did anyone else notice that the greatsword is doing a ton more damage again? In the past my shortbow greatly outdamaged my greatsword, but not my greatsword is hitting for a lot more in any timespan than my shortbow.

I’m just level twenty right now with this char, maybe it’s just a bit skewed.

(edited by Zsymon.8457)

in Ranger

Posted by: Odie.5142

Odie.5142

I haven’t noticed a change, maybe, maybe not. I never really thought great sword did terrible DMG to begin with though. It’s not a warrior GS no, but I’ve never considered it as terrible as the naysayers say it is, who cried out after the nerf and refuse to use it now. It’s always been pretty decent, but you’ll get a higher yield from your SB and flanking on champ/vet mobs from the bleed ticks. For reg PvE mobs though it’s really w.e weapon you feel like.

in Ranger

Posted by: Duckzor.4327

Duckzor.4327

Nope, ranger greatsword is still doing the same crappy damage as before.

Thief WvW Solo Roam Video

http://youtu.be/MHEU8oCFxrE

in Ranger

Posted by: Redrumickey.9672

Redrumickey.9672

Yep I notice that it was hitter hard at 20 but thats when I put my traits points into power but by 21 I switch back to SB and it became crap again. Was nice well it lasted.

in Ranger

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

GS is crap. lvl 20 gives you absolutely no idea as to what things feel like at higher level. Only reason to equip it IMHO is to get that leapforward skill for fun. It used to be great in beta, but they overnerfed it pre-launch.

In easy areas, I might equip a GS, knock down the mob HP with SB and finish it off with the GS due to the cool animations. But that is only for fun. Any difficult areas and you are prob better with non-GS.

But now SB has been unintentionally nerfed by the latest patch, well, ranger is starting to get even less powerful.

Other classes if played right are way more powerful, PvE and especially PvP.

(edited by NinjaKnight.1340)

in Ranger

Posted by: War Siren.2346

War Siren.2346

Greatswords if you build your traits and gear around them are actually great, they do however suck as a secondary weapon.

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

It’s not that the GS is better. It’s that Anet just nerfed the SB into dust so the GS seems better.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Ranger

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

Roll a GS war. You will feel like you enabled god mode.

Maid Of The Coast