Stibility Traning disscussion

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

TL;DR what do you think about Stability Training compared to the other BM master traits.

I felt like starting a discussion on Stability Training in comparison to the other BM master traits.

In spvp and wvw roaming I mostly run some sort of BM type build (0/2/0/6/6, 0/2/6/0/6, 0/0/6/4/4, etc). Prior to Sept 9 I have always ran Vigorous Training and then when the patch hit I used eagle/hawk and Intimidation Training. But I found that I still prefer to use dogs and the owl for pets so Intimidation Training is slightly redundant with those pets.

So I started traiting Stability Training. I have found it to be quite useful especially in pvp (but even in roaming). It gives your pet the ability to walk through aoe hard CC, which handy for Necros that have a few sources of fear, guards and there lines/shelter, hambows, decap Engis, etc. This gives your pet a higher damage output as it’s not getting knocked about buy that stuff, this counts for double against players the spot you as a BM and targets your pet.

Another great use for Stability Training is pet rezing, a lot of plays realise that you need to cc a players pet to stop them from rezing, particularly if you want any chance of killing them underwater. An example that has happen to me a couple of time fighting another ranger we down each other (seems to happen to me a lot in ranger v ranger), we both start pet rezing and we both thunderclap each other pet I disrupt their pet and mine continues to rez me, I get up and stomp them.

While the trait might not be as active as the others, and not as relevant in every fight (when compared to Vigorous Training which is always a good idea). It is very strong it the instances that it is useful.

(edited by Eggyokeo.9705)

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

No me gusta just from a numbers point of view. I see the benefit, but for me, intimidation training is more useful all the time — there is never a fight where it’s not useful. Stability for a pet comes in to play in a fight-changing manner… I wouldn’t even hazard a guess how often.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I like it in my 0/0/6/4/4 axe BM build, as it helps my cats get to the target…but I would much prefer a longer duration on a longer cooldown.

3.5 seconds is way too short, particularly if the pet is already crippled, which is often.

Alternatively I would prefer if it functioned like dogged march, and reduced the duration of movement impairing conditions.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

For the current duration of Stability the skill gives, I would prefer it if the skill gave AoE Stability on F2 (let’s say a 600 radius) use, with the trait having it’s own ICD to not be used by lower cooldown pet F2 skills.

Just in general, I always find on demand stability better than passive proc stability, since Stability is one of those boons you absolutely want to be able to actively take advantage of without having to rely on guesswork.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I like it in my 0/0/6/4/4 axe BM build, as it helps my cats get to the target

Are people really CCing your pets that often? I mean I do rarerly, but I’m a ranger, and I only do it when I realize I’m about to get messed up by the pet.

Sidenote, when I dueled eggyokeo for the king of the hill thread, I actually immobilized his pet because I was low enough on health it would have killed me if he hit the F2.

in Ranger

Eggyokeo.9705

That’s fair enough and a lot of it comes down to what pets are you using and what are you trying to achieve with them. The synergy between DPS pets and Intimidation training is quite obvious and is a great (especially if you throw in Malicious Training) . But for a pet that already CC’s particularly ones that CC on there F2, such as Dogs and chill pets is Intimidation training that great in comparison to other BM master traits?

Your right though, you can go through and entire fight and it never proc’s but when it does it’s game changing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I have to agree with Fluffball. I use Intimidation Training in every one of my beastmaster builds. In fact Intimidation Training has gotten me to start investing in the condition duration for pets trait, just to increase the cripple up time from my pets. It helps so much to keep the opponent slow so your pet can hit more frequently, and lets me take other utilities besides Muddy Terrain so I can be more sustainable.

Edit: I’d also argue that the cripple is still great for control pets. A few seconds of immobilize followed by a few more seconds of cripple can be pretty nice. Wolf applies a cripple and a fear so effected enemies can’t run ahead and can be hit my the wolf as they move. Even the sylvan hound applies cripple in AoE, and it’s F2 is a healing ability.

(edited by Ehecatl.9172)

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I agree with Ehecatl’s edit. More enemy CC of any kind suits me; it’s a hobby of mine.

in Ranger

Eggyokeo.9705

Are people really CCing your pets that often? I mean I do rarerly, but I’m a ranger, and I only do it when I realize I’m about to get messed up by the pet.

some of it a is generic AOE cc spam. Worrirs spamming hammers skills, Fear that type of stuff. The only time I deliberately CC a pet is to stop pet rezing.

in Ranger

Eggyokeo.9705

3.5 seconds is way too short, particularly if the pet is already crippled, which is often.

For me its more about the passive stun breaker on a 10s cool down then the stability. It would be nice to have a way of keeping soft CC off our pets. watching a kitty-kat limp around because its cripple is hart breaking. we are pretty good a sending out pets soft CC (EB I’m looking at you)

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

5 sec stability as base (scales to player boon duration)
actiaves in AOE on pet swap
25-30 sec ICD
affects up to 5 players + the pet
AOE size 360-480
DONE
Perfect

Then next up: Make Invigorating Bond (BM GM) scale better with player healing power to make it more useful, but ALSO to work on the ranger and pet themselves. Increase ICD to 25 sec
DONE
Perfect

Make Rampage As One have its cooldown affected by Speed Training (Note that Rampage as One is classified as a “pet” type skill, and should therefore be affected by Speed Training, making it possible to reduce its CD by 10%, which is more then enough for such a strong elite)
DONE
Perfect

These 3 changes and rangers, outside power builds, would be in a seriously good place, support and function vise.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

It’s been one of the great changes of last patch, but it’s been a bit overshadowed. In fact, I haven’t even tried it out yet, but I know it’s great. It basically makes the pet immune to CC.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I really like this trait now that it can be used on all pets.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

5 sec stability as base (scales to player boon duration)
actiaves in AOE on pet swap
25-30 sec ICD
affects up to 5 players + the pet
AOE size 360-480
DONE
Perfect

Then next up: Make Invigorating Bond (BM GM) scale better with player healing power to make it more useful, but ALSO to work on the ranger and pet themselves. Increase ICD to 25 sec
DONE
Perfect

Make Rampage As One have its cooldown affected by Speed Training (Note that Rampage as One is classified as a “pet” type skill, and should therefore be affected by Speed Training, making it possible to reduce its CD by 10%, which is more then enough for such a strong elite)
DONE
Perfect

These 3 changes and rangers, outside power builds, would be in a seriously good place, support and function vise.

I think on demand aoe stability for 5 seconds on a 30 sec cooldown is too strong. Make it 2seconds, its gonna be a reactive pet swap anyways to save some butts.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Do not place an ICD on pet swap. 15s for swaping is enoug. Make it 2s every 15s.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Do not place an ICD on pet swap. 15s for swaping is enoug. Make it 2s every 15s.

stability is really powerful, so a longer then normal ICD is but reasonable.

If anything, 3 sec stability (possible to increase with boon duration) and 20 second ICD.
@70% boon duration (runes, 30 in nature and food) you’d be able to get/give allies up to 5.75 seconds stability.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

some of it a is generic AOE cc spam. Worrirs spamming hammers skills, Fear that type of stuff. The only time I deliberately CC a pet is to stop pet rezing.

Yeh I mostly yoloq and hotjoin and the pet is always catching random cc from turret engies and such.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Personally i like Stability Training but it needs a little more of something, either a shorter CD, longer Duration, or MAYBE giving the stab to the ranger as well (the suggestions for AoE stab are just ridiculously too strong).

As is it’s not bad though, just very very very niche.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Really? Unless you are running shared anguish I don’t see it being very useful. Who in their right mind would waste hard cc on your pet?

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Really? Unless you are running shared anguish I don’t see it being very useful. Who in their right mind would waste hard cc on your pet?

People who do it unwillingly because you hide behind your pet and most hard CCs can be body blocked….

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

If it made something extra like giving pet unblockable attacks for stability duration or chance to stun the opponent for short time by next attack after proc…

Now, no no. Better ones there.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

For the current duration of Stability the skill gives, I would prefer it if the skill gave AoE Stability on F2 (let’s say a 600 radius) use, with the trait having it’s own ICD to not be used by lower cooldown pet F2 skills.

Just in general, I always find on demand stability better than passive proc stability, since Stability is one of those boons you absolutely want to be able to actively take advantage of without having to rely on guesswork.

This. So much this.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

Man it would be awsome to have a trait that give all boons present on the pet at each interval of time… (30sec??). That would be better with stability training but it’s not on demand.

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

in Ranger

Posted by: X Factor.2641

X Factor.2641

No me gusta…

Attachments:

[TMW] Darkstar
Leader, Driver, Lover
DR