Still having a blast.

Still having a blast.

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

IDK about anyone else, but, I’m still having loads of fun playing 0/0/30/20/20 as a condi bunker ish ranger. Just using 2x CC pets or stll running MB with Jag, still does really well.

What is everyone elses take?

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

Still having a blast.

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

I still enjoy the heck out of my ranger. I prefer playing her everywhere but WvW and Aetherblade Retreat.

Ranger for 2,314 hours and climbing.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Still having a blast.

in Ranger

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

I personally didnt find much difference post patch either. I can still do pretty well 1v1 in wvw (the only class that was giving me trouble is pistol thief, cant remember what was the other weapon hes using though; He kept shooting me from afar with me not being able to give significant damage because he kept cloaking)

Did they nerf other classes pretty hard as well? Maybe thats why I couldnt really feel the nerf?

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

Still having a blast.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

I personally didnt find much difference post patch either. I can still do pretty well 1v1 in wvw (the only class that was giving me trouble is pistol thief, cant remember what was the other weapon hes using though; He kept shooting me from afar with me not being able to give significant damage because he kept cloaking)

Did they nerf other classes pretty hard as well? Maybe thats why I couldnt really feel the nerf?

Our nerf was not in survivability but in SB range and pet damage. So if you’re only talking about surviving as well as before, that’s because the ranger was unaffected in that aspect.

Still having a blast.

in Ranger

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

sure.
ranger is rly strong for 1vs1.
the ranger is one of the strongest 1vs1 classes, if not the strongest.
its most time no problem to win a 1vs1.

but the real problem about ranger is win teamfights.
for 1vs1 a bm ranger have all he need, but in a teamfight, what can he do to help the player who is in target.
in a teamfight situation is each other class more interesting as a ranger atm.
that is sadly just true, because not much ppls run a ranger in a pve dungeon group or a tpvp team…
ranger is huge solo action class.

sure he is viable, but each other class can do a bit better in group fights

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

Still having a blast.

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

Lot of other classess use aoe skill. While the ranger continues to use the sb. Yet we wonder why rangers are so lackluster in team fights.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

Still having a blast.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

Lot of other classess use aoe skill. While the ranger continues to use the sb. Yet we wonder why rangers are so lackluster in team fights.

Because we have few AoE ranged skills. SB auto with Piercing Arrows can out-DPS axe’s bouncing auto if done right. Both axe and SB have a ranged cone. And LB has only one AoE, Barrage. We’re lackluster in team fights as we can’t bring as much utility as the other classes, not because we’re doing it all wrong, Serraph.

Still having a blast.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Still ripping with 0/15/20/15/20 Build.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Still having a blast.

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

I don’t feel nerfed. I’ve FINALLY had a chance to play a bit in every area of the game since the last patch. I really don’t feel nerfed.

I am sorry to all the SB auto spammers out there who finally have to change their playstyle.

Still having a blast.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

What AoE skills are you going to use?

Honestly, if all you want is AoE at range, why would you bring a ranger over an ele? If you want AoE cleaves, why bring a ranger over a warrior or guardian?

Still having a blast.

in Ranger

jewishjoyride.4693

Honestly, if all you want is AoE at range, why would you bring a ranger over an ele? If you want AoE cleaves, why bring a ranger over a warrior or guardian?

Drakes, to answer both questions.

Still having a blast.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I don’t feel nerfed. I’ve FINALLY had a chance to play a bit in every area of the game since the last patch. I really don’t feel nerfed.

I am sorry to all the SB auto spammers out there who finally have to change their playstyle.

Live in denial all you want, the pet damage nerfs affect you regardless of what weapons you use.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Still having a blast.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

He was talking about the shortbow. The drake and the shortbow are not mutually exclusive. Drakes are not an answer to either of these questions.

A drake is not going to suddenly make you good in a team fight.

Still having a blast.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jine.6130

Jine.6130

I like to play the ranger, even post patch. Sure our overall dmg got nerfed but in a zerg in wvw our pets didn´t survive before patch neither.

I change constantly between condi trapper, direct dmg with longbow/axe,warhorn, and spirit support build.

The spirits active affects are way to slow to trigger in combat and the spirits die to fast, but at least i can help some ppls out in the zerg. Protection and 10% more dmg on a 70% chance on hit isn´t that bad. The elite skill i switch depending on the situation. I never run 3 spirits. Always have a stunbreaker on the bar.

Still having a blast.

in Ranger

Posted by: Myrmix.5460

Myrmix.5460

I don’t want to have to play a condition-bunker to play ranger not kittenty.
Still wiping with 0/10/30/30/0 (used the new trait for perma-swift).
Although i’m tending to play my guardian more often since the last weeks

Still having a blast.

in Ranger

Posted by: Stice.5204

Stice.5204

Been using a 20/20/10/0/20 build and finding it pretty solid.

Picked up Companion’s Might and Spotter and switched my consumables to truffle steak and maintenance oil. Now I’ve got nearly 50% crit chance in full cleric’s gear and every crit channels might to my pet.

I lost a little bit of survivability but I think my damage went up from my previous 0/15/10/15/30 build. It’s hard to evaluate, though, since the effectiveness of the pet can vary so wildly from one fight to the next.

My ranger seems to have most of the same strengths and weaknesses I had before the patch. We’re good at small-scale and solo fighting but have a hard time contributing much to larger groups. So the people who declared the class dead seem to have overreacted, but the people who thought the patch would fix our problems seem to have been overly optimistic.

I will say that I farmed bags like a champ tonight when I put on my berserker gear and switched to a longbow build to go zerg surfing on the first day of the WvW reset, though. Faster recovery time on Long Range Shot is pretty noticeable when you’re hanging back in a zerg tagging downed targets for loot.

Guardian, Engineer
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast – BP

Still having a blast.

in Ranger

jewishjoyride.4693

Live in denial all you want, the pet damage nerfs affect you regardless of what weapons you use.

It’s funny because if you check the thread with the leaked ranger patch notes you’ll find a couple posts from me saying exactly the same thing. I thought the impact of the pet dmg nerfs would have been much much much more significant. The fact of the matter is cats are still amazing as are drakes.

Most of the pet dmg nerfs targeted pets that didn’t do great dmg already.

Still having a blast.

in Ranger

jewishjoyride.4693

He was talking about the shortbow. The drake and the shortbow are not mutually exclusive. Drakes are not an answer to either of these questions.

A drake is not going to suddenly make you good in a team fight.

But it will make you better. River Drake and Marsh Drake both bring ranged aoe, as well as melee cleaves.