Still just isn't enough...

in Ranger

Posted by: Howladon.2096

Howladon.2096

I have been quite sad for a while now. The way the range currently is right now is just unacceptable. I feel this is mainly due to pets being killed to easily in PvE (dungeons to be specific), and our utility skills are just, well, horrible. I herd that a make-over was in the works, but that was a long time ago. Any news? Also, any other ways the ranger can be fixed?

Donovan – lvl 80 Ranger -
Legendary – The Dreamer, Kudzu, The Bifrost -

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

Traits are my main gripe at the moment. Although I consider the utilities problem to be more of a trait problem. Most of our utilities require traits to be good instead of traits making good utilities better.

Also the fact that almost every trait line has a number of useless and/or superfluous traits in them (pet specific F2 boosting traits and Master’s Bond come to mind). The there’s the placement of traits in certain trees, like trap traits in the crit line.

More than anything I think the ranger is in need of a complete trait overhaul. somewhere between 1/2-3/4 of the traits are fine but the rest need to be condensed, thrown out completely, reworked to something better, and/or shuffled around (either up or down tiers or to different trait lines completely). But, that would require the ranger getting ~10-15 totally new traits that do something useful.

in Ranger

Posted by: Keyska.4105

Keyska.4105

At release it was all fine… (other then pets.) then because of being OP Sup in pvp they got broken all over the place :/ Had Some of the best sup and utility in game. So I guess its taking so long since those changes because on the DL they have been trying to do a complete overhaul. Tbh they could have at least fixed pets in dungeons.