Stop being so depressed, have some DPS

in Ranger

Posted by: Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon Vex.1389

Soooo many people disillusioned with the Ranger… So very depressing. But you know what? Still my favorite class. No one likes longbow, its a ‘utility weapon’…

Dev’s say the Longbow is a good damage dealing weapon and you know what? They are right. Good lord are they right. I reliably hit 10k DAMAGE on my Rapidfire against all but those with either protection or are built full bunker. My auto attacks land for between 900 on a non crit to 2.5k on a crit. Thats not the tool-tip, that is the number popping up on the screen. Did you know Rangers are the class that can reach the highest amount of Attack in the game? My ranger has 4k attack BEFORE MIGHT, 47% crit (with fury on) 77%crit damage 2.2k armor and 20k HP. And I don’t have full set ascended trinkets yet.

Please stop crying about how underpowered the ranger is. It would be nice to get some updates or buffs on the pet, and the utility skills, but we are NOT lacking for damage. Have some candy and suck it up butterball: 4k Attack Longbow Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

It is fun to do some damage once in a while. Looks like you have some more damage available in your armor if you so decided.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

Oberon Vex.1389

yes in game i do have full set ogres, the site doesn’t seem to want to let me have a full set T_T. I tried manually putting it to ogres but it reset to the first two bonuses instead of the +90Power and +4%Damage

in Ranger

Posted by: Olaf Soul Can Haz.4689

Olaf Soul Can Haz.4689

Soooo many people disillusioned with the Ranger… So very depressing. But you know what? Still my favorite class. No one likes longbow, its a ‘utility weapon’…

Dev’s say the Longbow is a good damage dealing weapon and you know what? They are right. Good lord are they right. I reliably hit 10k DAMAGE on my Rapidfire against all but those with either protection or are built full bunker. My auto attacks land for between 900 on a non crit to 2.5k on a crit. Thats not the tool-tip, that is the number popping up on the screen. Did you know Rangers are the class that can reach the highest amount of Attack in the game? My ranger has 4k attack BEFORE MIGHT, 47% crit (with fury on) 77%crit damage 2.2k armor and 20k HP. And I don’t have full set ascended trinkets yet.

Please stop crying about how underpowered the ranger is. It would be nice to get some updates or buffs on the pet, and the utility skills, but we are NOT lacking for damage. Have some candy and suck it up butterball: 4k Attack Longbow Ranger

How so? (i.e. is there proof of this bold (literally) statement?)

in Ranger

Oberon Vex.1389

How so?

Rangers can reach the highest attack stat as there are TWO traits you can use to boost your power via another attribute, Nature Magic V (Strength of Spirit) turns 5% of your vitality to power and the Beastmastery 25 minor trait turns 10% of your healing power into power. The gear and runes I have put into this build maximize the power gained via gear, and the food I use gives +100 power +70Vit, and the sharpening stone turns toughness and vitality into power (6% and 4% respectively). As no other class has turn 5% XXX into power (to my knowledge there is no other trait that does this, and certainly not TWO % traits that function this way) rangers can attain the highest attack stat using this build and 2h weapons. And please keep in mind that this is BEFORE applying ANY stacks of might.

EDITED

(edited by Oberon Vex.1389)

in Ranger

Olaf Soul Can Haz.4689

Interesting… what stats on armor and trinkets would best max power?

in Ranger

Oberon Vex.1389

Interesting… what stats on armor and trinkets would best max power?

The link has all the details, but basically I run Valkyrie gear which gives a major boost to Power then minor Vitality and Crit damage. I run it over ‘zerker because more hp = more survivability (at least marginally) and the added vitality adds to my power via the Nature magic V trait and the Sharpening Stone, though I do sprinkle in some ’zerker Trinkets to keep 27% crit chance without fury (so that it brings it up to 47% crit chance with fury). Having over 50% crit isn’t worth it in my opinion, not when u can get other stats that will have more of an impact.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

You do not have the highest power, because you do not have good boon uptime. Warriors and hgh engineers can maintain easily 15+ might stacks which will bring their effective power in berserker gear over your total power.

More importantly, that power and condi damage from might stacks will affect ALL of their damage and not just 60% of it since your pet gets nothing from your traits or gear.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Highest attack power doesn’t necessarily equal highest damage though, then again I don’t think the Ranger is underpowered either it’s a good class that could certainly be improved in some places but it’s still a good class.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

14 to 20k with kill shot
7k with mug
0 relying on shoddy ai

(edited by Bailey.6892)

in Ranger

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

I would kill this build 100 out of 100 times on all my toons, including my Warrior & Ranger.

And you wouldn’t get me to half health most of the time. What good is this amount of power, which is less than what my Warrior has, and less than a HGH Engineer, when you can’t live long enough to use it?

When I played a Rifle Warrior for the <shats and giggles> I would often hit with Kill Shot for over 20k, to multiple targets. There is a video of another Warrior doing 22k-25k one shot killing multiple targets doing even more damage than I could squeeze out, even scoring the occasional 30k shot. Wish I could find it.

Your damage is weak, and it is laughable you think a 10k chain is a lot of damage when a Warrior can regularly double that with Hundred Blades, if traited for it. I was doing 18k to as much as 26k with Volley.

So you found a way to outdamage a Guardian, without the ability to kill them. Congrats I suppose.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

(edited by jkctmc.8754)

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

I would also say I personally value a higher crit chance over +crit% because the latter does zip unless you have the former.

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

You have a lot of work ahead of you if you think you’re top damage.

Over 30k Volley, in sPvP, where Warriors can not get as high crit damage.

A 33k Kill Shot in WvW.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/31306/33k_KS_Base_logo.jpg

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in Ranger

Oberon Vex.1389

I would also say I personally value a higher crit chance over +crit% because the latter does zip unless you have the former.

The build has 47% crit chance, thats plenty

in Ranger

Oberon Vex.1389

14 to 20k with kill shot
7k with mug
0 relying on shoddy ai

I like how you use a ranger there

in Ranger

Oberon Vex.1389

To all the negative nancies who apparently play other classes:

1. Why are you in the ranger forum randomly trash talking.
2. This build has 4k attack before might, and can get an easy 8-10 stacks of might from pet auto’s in Rampage as One.
3. I say reliably hitting 10k as in almost every time, on an 8 second cooldown. I have hit higher than that.
4. I never said that Rangers have the highest damage output, only that they can achieve the highest attack stat.
5. The survivability of this build is above average for a direct damage ranger build
6. Come at me bro

in Ranger

Posted by: ReallyItchy.1630

ReallyItchy.1630

2. This build has 4k attack before might, and can get an easy 8-10 stacks of might from pet auto’s in Rampage as One.
3. I say reliably hitting 10k as in almost every time, on an 8 second cooldown. I have hit higher than that.
4. I never said that Rangers have the highest damage output, only that they can achieve the highest attack stat.
5. The survivability of this build is above average for a direct damage ranger build
6. Come at me bro

1. Because they use another class as a reference point doesn’t mean they’re trash talking, you’re being foolish.
2. HGH engies and most warriors can maintain more than that without their ultimate.
3. One hundred blade’s cooldown is close, if not the same (forgive me, I haven’t checked it’s exact cooldown recently)
4. Is that supposed to mean something? Oooh, we’ve got the highest number that effects damage, yet don’t deal the most damage. RADICAL
5. Awesome, that’d be great if the only class was ranger. However, in a game that has more than one class we need to use the others as reference points to where our class is on the spectrum of damage dealing. (It’s called balance) Yes, it’s a good damage dealing build, but it doesn’t mean squat when others can do more without being spec’d into it.
6. You’ve got to be kidding me, are you twelve?

I actually find the letter P offensive, so everyone with a P in their name must have it removed.

in Ranger

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

can you guys stop referring to these 30k kill shots? They were mostly caused by bugs with the piercing trait which have been fixed like 3-4 months ago already.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Ranger

Posted by: speedlight.3745

speedlight.3745

@ OP:
can we see some ingame videos of ur pro ranger?

In every other class that boast of high/decent dps, survivability is implied.

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

yes in game i do have full set ogres, the site doesn’t seem to want to let me have a full set T_T. I tried manually putting it to ogres but it reset to the first two bonuses instead of the +90Power and +4%Damage

That would be because you’re using major traits instead of superior ones. This means your power is slightly lower and your crit chance is slightly lower and you’re not summoning a rock dog.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

The SB crits around 1 and 2k if you are full glass cannon. 2k crits against other glass cannons and 1k crits against not so much glass cannons.

The SB shoots every 0.54 second and is sutained 100%
The LB’s Rapid Shot has a 8 sec cooldown and can easily be avoided by the enemy.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mandar.9813

Mandar.9813

You wanna talk about heavy dmg build with above average survivability, play a Condition damage trapper. Over 21k vitality with spec emphasis on toughness/CD , Precision and crit damage, and some vit tossed in there. When I am not running with a strong zerg, I run this build and I wish you luck not dying from blood loss, poison, or burning.

I love my zerker and I always run her using Signet of Stone (with trait for signets affect you too) and ‘protect me’ to keep me alive under heavy fire, BUT it is the trapper that I feel gets overlooked for the amount of damage you can do without the sacrifice. Only reason I still regularly run Zerker in wvw is because when defending or attacking a keep, I want the range which plays itself right into a LB zerker’s hands.

Your Resident Devil’s Advocate

in Ranger

Olaf Soul Can Haz.4689

Your damage is weak, and it is laughable you think a 10k chain is a lot of damage when a Warrior can regularly double that with Hundred Blades, if traited for it.

Why are you comparing a melee attack to a 1500 range attack? One is completely out of harms way, the other is completely in harms way…

in Ranger

Bailey.6892

6. Come at me bro

Not being negative showing you relaity, as for not mentioning the ranger well that was obvious, was showing you good damage with out the need to rely on shoddy programing and sub par AI. And the damage is nearly instant, rarely if ever obstructed by wind and does not force you take multiple utilitys to achive it.

Ranger is my main, it is my favorite class to play and yet even I can admit it sucks more than a two dollar who er well you get the point. By comparisson in WvW we are subpar.

in Ranger

Oberon Vex.1389

6. Come at me bro

Not being negative showing you relaity, as for not mentioning the ranger well that was obvious, was showing you good damage with out the need to rely on shoddy programing and sub par AI. And the damage is nearly instant, rarely if ever obstructed by wind and does not force you take multiple utilitys to achive it.

Ranger is my main, it is my favorite class to play and yet even I can admit it sucks more than a two dollar who er well you get the point. By comparisson in WvW we are subpar.

None of my damage comes from ANY of the utility skills I have and this build has absolutely NO focus on the pet, so neither of your points are particularly valid. I’ll admit that sometimes you will get an obstructed when there is a clear path, but it doesn’t take a genius to not use a channeled ranged skill where the enemy can duck behind cover, so that really isn’t an issue either. This skill is hitting for 10k at 1500 range, beyond any other classes ability to even retaliate. Barrage hits for much the same damage if you can hit the same target/they stay in it. This makes it incredibly powerful for taking keeps/taking out people on siege. Most classes/players run with 20k hp or less -> therefore hitting 10k takes out half their health on skill use. Yes some targets have high armor and take less damage. Yes some targets have higher health and don’t get taken to half health. The same issues happen with Thieves and Warriors with high burst capability.

I’m not going to respond to any more posts saying “_” class does this much more damage in output; this is the highest direct damage output I have seen or heard of on a Ranger. That was my point from the beginning. This is a Ranger hitting comparable damage to other classes known for damage.

EDIT: I do not currently have Fraps or other recording software on my computer, but I will try to get some video in the future (no promises on it being soon though)

in Ranger

solrik.6028

I’m not going to respond to any more posts saying “_” class does this much more damage in output; this is the highest direct damage output I have seen or heard of on a Ranger.

That is just ignorant.

The Ranger is balanced so that the Player+Pet is on the same level with other professions. Therefore the Player-(minus)Pet must spec more into offensive stats than other professions to be on the same level.

What does 10k damage matter when defending/attacking a keep versus 10+ players?
The point of attacking/defending is to scare them off collectively. 2 defenders with 2 arrow carts can do a lot of damage against 10-15 people and ultimately keep them away.

I don’t know what you are so hyped about… A full glass cannon player will hit big with anything. Except rangers, who can tank with a Jaguar…
What if I say my Jaguar can down a medium/light armored enemy without being spotted?

Sure, that 10k damage is useful agains Dolyaks, sentries and camps because the enemy won’t have time to react. But WvW is group affort. (Though I wish sometimes it wasn’t)

in Ranger

Posted by: Yamato Shinobi.4378

Yamato Shinobi.4378

6. Come at me bro

/agree..

WvW Ranger is really sub par for reasons already well known. Pet’s AI pretty much useless against human foes, F2 abilities time to kick off way too slow. Pet’s will cause you to lose swiftness (enemies can target and use to slow you down, or various PvE mobs will too) which really hurts us if we’re on the run. And let’s face it, the extra damage pets do is likely included in the ‘so called’ balance of the class. When it’s of little use in WvW, we’re basically kitten because of it.

If you traited all class cannon(which isn’t advisable as a lot of classes admit to taking out rangers as they’re the easiest to kill already), then sure, you’d get some pretty nifty damage results using LB. Though to stay alive against thieves(who target you already) and D/D Eles and basically anyone else, well, pretty much like pssn in the wind IMO.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

You have a lot of work ahead of you if you think you’re top damage.

Over 30k Volley, in sPvP, where Warriors can not get as high crit damage.

A 33k Kill Shot in WvW.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/31306/33k_KS_Base_logo.jpg

You’re so awesome, dude. How does one become so cool?

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Bailey.6892

. This skill is hitting for 10k at 1500 range, beyond any other classes ability to even retaliate.

Sigh wrong yet again and that is not including retaliation but a class that can and often has the same range as that and is not a ranger.

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

can you guys stop referring to these 30k kill shots? They were mostly caused by bugs with the piercing trait which have been fixed like 3-4 months ago already.

I just hit 24k yesterday, and someone from my guild hit 26k.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

The build has 47% crit chance, thats plenty

During fury sure but you don’t always have fury up, most of the time you don’t so it’s not quite accurate to count it like it was something permanent.

in Ranger

Oberon Vex.1389

@ Solrik:
Rapid fire does 10k to a single target. Barrage does roughly 10k dmg to 5 people in aoe. Yes people can and do move out of barrage, but that is still a maximum of 10k PER PERSON on 5 people in that area. And yes it suffers the same drawbacks of all AoE skills, capping at 5 targets and not guaranteed to be the same 5 targets. It still puts out 10k damage, just not necessarily on the same target. That does get people moving. Half-healthing people every 8s (rapidfire) often gets zergs to back off as well in a keep defense setting.

EDIT: Also, while this spec does not focus on the pet, the pet still does damage. It still has its own interupts and unique skills. This build alone does more damage collectively with barrage than a single arrow cart, though Barrage obviously has a much higher CD.

@Bailey:
Name one offensive skill that is not on a Ranger that has a range of 1500 units and I’ll concede the point. If a target pops a retaliation buff then it is a simple matter of cancelling the skill -> you are still 1500 units away and by the time you/they close the distance their retaliation will be gone.

@Manekk:
RaO gives 20s of Fury in a solo setting, which is enough time to get an opponent to burn most if not all of his defensive CD’s in a 1v1 setting. In group settings I leave it to my warrior buddies to give fury and bring entangle.

@Yamato:
Theives are NOT that big a problem for a ranger with a longbow. Unless they are opening from cover (aka you have no idea they are coming) you can just pop ‘Protect Me’ and take no damage from their backstab. Once out of stealth just huntershot and rapidfire. Rapidfire tracks targets in stealth, you WILL NOT lost direction and can keep pressure damage on them. Blind only blocks ONE arrow out of rapidfire. They are forced to dodgeroll. Even if all this occurs and they are able to reposition in stealth, just swap to GS and use Counterattack to block the backstab. Its not that big of a problem.

Many of you seem to be under the impression that this build is meant to combat zergs by itself. This is ONE player bringing significantly higher damage to the table than it can with many other specs.

in Ranger

Bailey.6892

[quote=1914055;Oberon Vex.1389
@Bailey:
Name one offensive skill that is not on a Ranger that has a range of 1500 units and I’ll concede the point. If a target pops a retaliation buff then it is a simple matter of cancelling the skill -> you are still 1500 units away and by the time you/they close the distance their retaliation will be gone.

[/quote]

Engineer Grenade Kit Builds

in Ranger

Oberon Vex.1389

Engineer Grenade Kit Builds

[/quote]

interesting. One other class can attack at 1500 range, this I did not know. Although they are ground-targeted skills instead of a selected target, you win, my understanding was that no one else had that range. I would still put forward that Rapidfire at 1500 range is much more reliable than spamming ground-targeted grenades at 1500 range.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

Practice Golems will stay at 1500 range to eat all of LB2.
Other classes, especially melees or organised zerg groups would charge/rush/teleport in and by then, LB dps will get weaker and weaker while their dps will remain at 100%.

(edited by Jabronee.9465)

in Ranger

solrik.6028

@ Solrik:
Rapid fire does 10k to a single target. Barrage does roughly 10k dmg to 5 people in aoe. Yes people can and do move out of barrage, but that is still a maximum of 10k PER PERSON on 5 people in that area. And yes it suffers the same drawbacks of all AoE skills, capping at 5 targets and not guaranteed to be the same 5 targets. It still puts out 10k damage, just not necessarily on the same target. That does get people moving. Half-healthing people every 8s (rapidfire) often gets zergs to back off as well in a keep defense setting.

EDIT: Also, while this spec does not focus on the pet, the pet still does damage. It still has its own interupts and unique skills. This build alone does more damage collectively with barrage than a single arrow cart, though Barrage obviously has a much higher CD.

Please do your math before writing numbers. Arrow carts can easily get 8 hit markers in 8 seconds, and each hit marker is at least 500 (below average). It can hit 5 people at once so that makes it 5*500 = 2500 total damage per hit. 8 hits in 8 seconds total in 2500*8 = 20 000
Barrage does 4.8 * power * weapon / armor. A player with exotic weapon and 2300 power against armor rating 2000 will output 5520 damage times 5 max targets. Results in 27600 total damage. Every 24 seconds. In that 24 seconds, the arrow cart can do it’s 8 sec damage 3 times.

Results;
Arrow cart 24 seconds damage: 60k
Barrage 24 seconds damage: 27600 – Full glass cannon with 100% crit bonus: 69000
Yes, the barrage came out higher, but the arrow cart’s damage used in the calculation is lower than the average damage overall. Also, the critical damage on barrage is not accurate either because the 69k means that every single hit will be critical.

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Man, I’m so happy this guy pointed out how amazing our damage is, We can now drop our Bunker and Trap builds and spec Longbow with Glass Cannon for extreme pwnage.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Well a glass canon longbow would be doing more damage than a bunker BM or trapper Xsorus…. You know, in a perfect world where the ranger deals the +1000unit damage all the time…. But seeing as that doesn’t really happen ever outside of WvW…..

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Oberon Vex.1389

Man, I’m so happy this guy pointed out how amazing our damage is, We can now drop our Bunker and Trap builds and spec Longbow with Glass Cannon for extreme pwnage.

If you don’t like it, don’t use it. I’m just tired of people saying how underpowered rangers are. We have specs to deal damage in every way possible in this game that are competitive. We have specs that are incredibly survivable.

in Ranger

Bailey.6892

If you don’t like it, don’t use it. I’m just tired of people saying how underpowered rangers are. We have specs to deal damage in every way possible in this game that are competitive. We have specs that are incredibly survivable.

We are underpowerd tho, as long as our damage is split between us and a shody ai (anet programing) we will always be underpowered. No matter what you do that spit will be their hindering our damage.

in Ranger

Posted by: PsionicDingo.2065

PsionicDingo.2065

I like the longbow, but I do feel the auto and Rapid Fire need work. Why do you use Greatsword with this? For the defense if you get closed in on?

I find I prefer the Sword and Dagger with the Longbow. Plenty of evasion, poison, and mobility in case I can’t keep the distance, and I also just like to swap as often as I need to rather than rely on one set. I use the Longbow to for the Vuln stacks and to get my pet in, Rapid Fire while that’s happening, then close in with the sword. If I blow my evasions, I can go back to the knockback shot and the CDs on LB 3 and 2 are back up and start all over.

I suppose that’s more bunker, though. I’m not really that versed in the meta, I just use what works for me. I like where your concept is at, though.

My psychic knife. The focused totality of my psychic powers.

in Ranger

Oberon Vex.1389

Solrik, you did not use my power for that calculation, I fail to see how you can chide me for ‘not doing the math’ when you don’t do it properly yourself. My build has 2693 power before bloodlust stacking, which brings it to 2943 power. 4.8 *2943 * 1080/ 2000 = 7628 per target. 7628 × 5targets = 38141 total damage. The link provided in my initial post does not account for bloodlust stacks so the Power rating there is 250 lower. By modifying it up to what it is in game (2943) via might stacks (which I also get in game via RaO, on top of the 4k attack in the build) you can see the Effective Power (which accounts for crit chance and damage, if the coding on this site can be fully trusted) is 5377.

4.8*5377*1080/2000=13937 damage on target. Times that by 5 and you get 69 685 damage that is expected on skill use.

This is almost 10k higher than an arrow cart for the same time duration and it costs you no supply, no set up, no unmovable positioning. And its not ’zerker gear. And its in addition to whatever arrow carts your team has defending a position

in Ranger

Oberon Vex.1389

@ Bailey:
this build is doing 10k rapidfires and 13k (on a single target) barrages in addition to whatever your pet is doing. In my opinion, any damage your pet does in addition is just gravy.

@PsionicDingo:
The reason for Greatsword in this build is that you cannot realistically expect to never close to melee range and both bows are inferior to melee weapons in general while in melee range. Greatsword has an evade on auto attack, a block and a stun as well as a 1100 unit leap which you can use to either enter melee combat yourself, jump to safety or catch fleeing enemies. In addition maul does quite good damage with a power setup before you even factor the bleeds in. And yes I use Greatsword much as you use Sword/dagger: generally I will open with hunters/rapidfire then barrage. If the enemy is still at range I’ll poke away with auto’s but more often than not I’ll swap to Greatsword and close with swoop. Burn most of my 2-5 skills on Greatsword then swap back to LB, Point-Blank-Shot them away and start all over again with hunters/rapid.

in Ranger

Oberon Vex.1389

Also, for anyone confused: this spec is not glass cannon, please stop referring to it as such :/

in Ranger

Posted by: Bambula.3649

Bambula.3649

that what you call dmg? LoL

play dmg thief, engi or worri..than you can see how much dmg you can do..i do 2x of your rapid fire dmg with 100b on my worri, normaly 30-40k on my own!
dont need any mate or something else..how much outhits rapid fire´s you need for that..oh yes you need about 10 secs, i need 3 1/2 secs and can cast it again when you get your next rapidfire..

i hope the pet will give us some changes that the pet can push our dmg.
dont know why people still try to outdmg other classes with ranger in pve..

Orga for [WUMS]

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Oberon, I agree with you that in theory the longbow does good (not great, 10k chained is not great) damage, but the problem is that even the lowliest noobs can easily evade rapid fire and barrage. Other classes do superior direct damage that is much harder to avoid. Most of the complaints you’ll see about longbow are relative to its -actual- damage, due to obstructs / strafing / evades, not its -potential- damage. That’s the whole root of the problem.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon, I agree with you that in theory the longbow does good (not great, 10k chained is not great) damage, but the problem is that even the lowliest noobs can easily evade rapid fire and barrage. Other classes do superior direct damage that is much harder to avoid. Most of the complaints you’ll see about longbow are relative to its -actual- damage, due to obstructs / strafing / evades, not its -potential- damage. That’s the whole root of the problem.

Thats just the catch of it. Between Rapidfire and Barrage at max/nearmax range you are almost certain to blow both dodgerolls at the outset of the fight, before they can hit you back in most cases; if they dont dodgeroll or pop a defensive utility/skill then they end up taking LOTS of damage before the fight is truly joined. While longbow is the crux of this build, the damage coming off the greatsword is nothing to scoff at either.

in Ranger

Oberon Vex.1389

Practice Golems will stay at 1500 range to eat all of LB2.
Other classes, especially melees or organised zerg groups would charge/rush/teleport in and by then, LB dps will get weaker and weaker while their dps will remain at 100%.

The only skill that the Ranger has on Longbow that decreases damage based on range is its Auto-attack ‘Long range shot’. Rapidfire (indeed LB2-5 skills as well) does its full damage no matter the range of the target. You can use it in melee range and it will still do its full damage.

Furthermore, at least with the power provided in this build, Long range shot still hits comparatively (base figure) to other weapon’s singular strike auto attacks on other classes at minimum range. The minimum figure (0-500 range) is 567 per attack, with the maximum base damage being 1020 at +1000range.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Can people stop saying “well my thief can do X damage in a burst!” Well no kittening kitten the prof ANET said, is the best bursting prof and they want to keep them best at burst, will deal better burst than us.

It’s like saying, “oh yeah? My necro is better at condi control than your <insert prof here>”

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

Oberon Vex

You do know that at 1500 range, you don’t need to dodge arrows, and can still outrun them with 25% run speed, right?

In fact, you can still outrun the longbow down to 1100, with 25% runspeed.

Even after changes.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece