Stun Build - Stacking Damage

in Ranger

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

http://tinyurl.com/ncyvptl

I was dabbling with this the other day in wvw, and found it pretty epic when the chain of skills comes off right 1v1.

The chain:
[Forage Item][Concussion Shot]Swap[Swoop][Hilt Bash][Entangle+Howl]
A pet kd could possibly follow.

This results in a rather long lock-down.
3.25s-6s(boar forage) + 2s(concussion) + 3s(hilt bash) + ?(Entangle/Howl) + potential pet kd

Looking further:
Stacking damage modifiers.
[Signet of Wild] +25% damage
(Hunter’s Tactics) +10%
(Peak Strength) +10%
(Scholar Runes) +10%
(Sigil of Impact) +10%
(Sigil of Force) +5%
(Moment of Clarity) +50% – This will be maul if done in order.
————————————-

+130% for [Maul] – with (Moment of Clarity)
+70% for [Maul] – (Moment of Clarity) is triggered with (Concussion Shot) and is thus on cooldown. [Hilt Bash] will receive the bonus from it.
Now, wiki says the multipliers are combined multiplicatively not just the sum. So, it could hit ~4.22% aka 422%, including critical damage.
————————————-
Now, this doesn’t mean that this skill chain is going to work ever time, you may fail or be interrupted. But, it sure feels good when it comes together.
This doesn’t include food, critical damage/hit, vunerability or might, so the actually damage could be far higher.
————————————-
Calculations below:
1333=1047.5*2133*Co/2600
Maul Coefficient = 1.55
Damage = 1047.5*2288*1.55/2600
Damage = 1428.79
Damage Modifiers: (2.2crit*1.25wild*1.1tactic*1.1peak*1.1impact*1.1scholar*1.05force)=4.22
1428.79 × 4.22(modifiers) = 6029.49

6029.49 theoretical damage from maul alone on heavy armor.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

(edited by UnitedChaos.8364)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Why shortbow? longbow can still interrupt with Point Blank Shot and has a shorter cooldown than Concussive Shot.

You can expand that CC chain with:

• Wolf knockdown
  • Wolf fear
  • Swap pet
  • Krytan knockdown
  • Krytan immobilize

Throw in the entangle to really leave them angry :-)

… though I prefer to light the ground under them with a torch when I do this … but I’m sure some greatsword and/or arrows in their hide shows them a similar level of love ;-)

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Elenire.7306

Elenire.7306

PBS knockback may make it hard to chain Hilt Bash, although as OP said Swoop > Hilt Bash.

But still if you’re chain-stunning someone I think you want to keep them close.

Elenire Manyshot – Dragonbrand Ranger
Band of Exiles [BoE]

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I’ve run a few different versions of this. One of my rangers is asuran so I bring technobabble. The last few times I’ve run it I added in a little condi damage to add a little more punch to all of the bleeding I stack on my opponents.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

UnitedChaos.8364

Why shortbow? longbow can still interrupt with Point Blank Shot and has a shorter cooldown than Concussive Shot.

You can expand that CC chain with:

• Wolf knockdown
  • Wolf fear
  • Swap pet
  • Krytan knockdown
  • Krytan immobilize

Throw in the entangle to really leave them angry :-)

… though I prefer to light the ground under them with a torch when I do this … but I’m sure some greatsword and/or arrows in their hide shows them a similar level of love ;-)

You don’t want to use longbow for the fact that you knock them further back. Shortbow keeps them close.

in Ranger

UnitedChaos.8364

PBS knockback may make it hard to chain Hilt Bash, although as OP said Swoop > Hilt Bash.

But still if you’re chain-stunning someone I think you want to keep them close.

Nailed it.
(15 char)

in Ranger

UnitedChaos.8364

I’ve run a few different versions of this. One of my rangers is asuran so I bring technobabble. The last few times I’ve run it I added in a little condi damage to add a little more punch to all of the bleeding I stack on my opponents.

Unfortunately, I don’t run an asura. I’m sure your build works just fine; I just don’t run a condition build.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

My build is quite close to this. The main difference is that I use sword/axe and Lightning Reflexes instead of shortbow and Signet of Stone. This is what I’ve been using. I like the idea of putting sigil of force and impact on the greatsword for an extra 15% damage though. I’ve been using energy and hydromancy, but the extra damage might be better.

You should give offhand axe a try sometime. It works really well using Path of Scars to proc MoC, swap to greatsword while the axe is in the air and cast Maul to have it land when they reach you.

My biggest issue though has been out of combat mobility. Since Tail Wind and pack runes only work in combat, I’m stuck relying on sword/greatsword leaps to move around. I’d swap to warhorn for swiftness in WvW, but I run this in PvP. Pack runes do fill in the gaps well from the downtime leftover from Tail Wind and Furious Grip while in combat though, and the extra 175 power/100 precision is always nice. I think the power gained is equivalent to about a 7-8% damage increase.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Unfortunately, I don’t run an asura. I’m sure your build works just fine; I just don’t run a condition build.

I don’t either, I jut mixed in a couple trinkets and ran a rampagers or possibly carrion shortbow (although I am thinking sinister would be better). A lot of people take off running when they are dazed so I figured if they are showing me their back anyway I might as well load them with some bleeds.

This is a more updated version of what I occasionally run http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNQQJAVRlEqo0tVswlFUtMAgQsKoddbM7nsrTWxhYB-TFDEABJ8AAg4QAksSDCuAADrDIR1f2SJITKDaSJWbaCA4IAwz+DkCgdhVA-w

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Keep in Mind that Entangle does deal Direct Damage.

They are not friends with Sigil of Intelligence and Moment of Clarity.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

UnitedChaos.8364

Thought everyone should know I hit a 13k maul with chain on a glass mesmer.

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Woah man, you need to drop the drakehound and grab a boar pet. Their f2 items have will have their stun and daze durations doubled, which means 4 second stuns from bone crack, a 4 second daze from throw rock (just make sure you’re standing on your target when you use it, it travels at .1 mph) and a 6 second fear from skull fear.

The boar also has a charge skill which knocks down opponents for 3 seconds, but it rarely hits unless your target is immobilized.

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Boars are totally underrated.
If I’m correct, they open a path to the longest CC (fear) in the game.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

UnitedChaos.8364

Skull fear from pet f2 has the longest fear in game, but it is incredibly hard to trait/gear for, long cd, and if you miss, you’re screwed.