Sugg- Beastmode and daggers need love.

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Beastmode and daggers need a lot of love before launch. I can see that a lot of effort went into Beastmode skills, and that the team really put a lot of love into things, but we really need some improvements.

In simplistic terms I would like to suggest the following happen to Beastmode and both dagger skills, so it can synergize with the rest of the elite and truly become a meta spec.

The suggestion—- Think marvel Nightcrawler porting around and weaving through enemies while dropping hybrid damage (power and condi) AoE melee bombs… Unafraid to jump into any melee danger from bosses, mobs of AI and player groups and zergs in wvw…

The above style would round out this build nicely, fit the theme and synergize better with everything else going on… Would turn the spec into a more aggressive “in your face” melee build that would hang with the melee meta crew.

This is the love needed to Beastmode and daggers!

While attacking in Beastmode, the Soulbeast emits super cool AoE nature magic toxins that poisons enemies and removes conditions on allies (Goes well the the green aura). 300 radius. 5 enemies/5 allies plus self. Constant effect while in combat. Heavy poison damage. Removes 1 condi per second.

Dagger 1- Groundwork Gouge- Add target tracking.

1- Leading swipe – 3 targets.

1- Serpent Stab- Add evade. 3 targets.

1- Deadly Delivery- 3 targets.

Dagger 2- Double Arc- 3 targets.

Dagger 3- Instinctive Edge- 3 targets. Add evade. 600 range.

Dagger 4- Dagger Barrier- 5 targets. AoE damage. Bleeding. Reflects projectiles. Stability. 300 radius. You can move.

Dagger 5- Port-O-Potty- Create a “nature” portal and port to target. 300 radius. 5 target AoE “nature” damage explosion. 1,200 range port.

5- Port back to original spot.

Why I suggest these changes…

“My feedback… Soulbeast is a solo pve spec. Don’t see any teams needing this elite. It will be a spvp point holder that will get outshined. Average roaming capabilities in wvw. Brings nothing to zerg play. We will see more soulbeast duelists stand on the side of SMC. This spec doesn’t bring anything great to the table.

Main hand dagger is meh. Off hand dagger is awful still. Melding skills are cool, and obviously a lot of work went into it, but they don’t compensate for how mediocre our actual dagger weapons are currently. Please do something really awesome with daggers… like make them give us a lot of mobility skills, target tracking and change attacks to be some “nature magically” infused melee AoE and condi powerhouses… or something… If you don’t do some anet magic on these weapons, then both daggers will not be used in any meta play across the game.

There is honestly nothing I found with soulbeast that makes this spec shine compared to the other elite specs I tested briefly… And if this is supposed to be the condi spec enhancer, then I won’t even come close to what I was easily pumping out on the scourge."

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

soulbeast is cool but nothing wow. I havent tested much but there was a guild member that said was 1 shooted by a deadeye lol. When you see stuff like that and compare soulbeast damage, is honestly laughable. The specialization is alright i suppose but nothing wow like probably spellbreaker, necros or others.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

3/4 s oneshot dead with a thief rifle is balanced
A 2,5s rapid fire that halfs the opponents healthbar, when every arrow hits is imbalance. (Because it is ranger!)

Soulbeast gets many nice skills, but they all need too long activation time and you cant use it before you:
– get interrupted
– stop skill before recognizing that enemy has block/reflect/dodge/invulnerability
– die

I wish I could say, that i’m dissappointed about soulbeast. I expected it.

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Dagger is ok, but I think Beast F3 cast time is so long that it breaks the fluidity completely, considering you’re ROOTED in ground when you use those skills.

in Ranger

Posted by: arnitheking.8427

arnitheking.8427

The slam on the ground f3 should have either a lower cast time or shouldn’t stop movement. Also it should be a blast finisher not a leap finisher to be honest. Primal cry feals a bit weak too, should apply more condis since it’s for the offensive condi archetype

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I hope they just give the default dagger auto animations for Soulbeast as found on Thief and Necro. Right now, it’s clunky and slow. It’s like they are going out of their way to make sure our 1-handed melee animations are bad under the guise of “it’s different”.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Dagger is ok, but I think Beast F3 cast time is so long that it breaks the fluidity completely, considering you’re ROOTED in ground when you use those skills.

we’re rooted while casting the F3’s? what a disaster.

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I agree. Right now, dagger feels too slow and not aggressive enough. To fit in theme with the soulbeast’s “beastly fight-style with tooth and claw” premise, dagger should be as if not more aggressive than greatsword.

To accomplish this, I would first reduce the cast times on the auto attacks Leading Swipe and Serpent Stab from 1/2 to 1/4. During testing, the dagger auto only felt reliably aggressive and functional when I had quickness. Ideally, dagger auto should attack as quickly normally as it does with quickness now.

Next, looking at skill 2 (Double Arc) just feels like a different, slightly stronger auto attack. To synergize with other ranger traitlines, and with Soulbeast’s theme, skill 2 needs to do 2 important things:

• It needs to be a single, heavy striking attack like maul (To work well with Moment of Clarity and Remorseless).
  • It needs to have a quick, “long reach” (like the 300 range movement with Hilt-Bash on Greatsword) to feel good and hit reliably.

I’m thinking it be something similar to Thief’s Heartseeker, but a lunge/dash instead of a leap/flip. The conditions it inflicts now are more or less in a good place.

And finally the skill 3 (Instinctive Engage) is close to where it needs to be, but just needs a bit more utility for synergy. To synergize with other ranger traitlines, and with Soulbeast’s traits/theme, skill 3 also needs to do 2 important things:

• It needs to grant fury in addition to its quickness. Fury would help set up the burst this skill aims to accomplish and synergize with Remorseless, Vicious Quarry, and Furious Strength.
  • It needs to disable the target briefly. Nothing too much, but a 1 or 3/4 second daze would synergize with Moment of Clarity, Predator’s Onslaught, and Twice as Vicious.

If these changes were implemented and the numerical values balanced, I believe dagger would better fulfill its role as a quick, savage weapon.

NSPride <3

(edited by Razor.9872)

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Only one that roots is Worldly Impact. The other 4 can be used on the go.

in Ranger

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

im really sad with how soul beast turn out to be so sad

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

phew, that’s sounds better. the cast-time on Worldly Impact didn’t seem to bad in one of the earlier clips tbh. and quickness would make it relatively unnoticeable. it being a leap finisher is a bit silly imo, should be blast.

in Ranger

Posted by: ZhouX.8742

ZhouX.8742

Ok,

From testing already I am happy but also sad because I know how ranger gets nerfed especially WI.

1. Worldly Impact will almost 100% be nerfed in terms of damage. You’re talking 8k+ numbers in PvP with 10k+ being tested in WvW environments.

This will be definitely nerfed so I wouldn’t get too attached to it. This is an obvious and people will complain like kittening crazy about it.

Tanbin

in Ranger

ZhouX.8742

Aside from that, I like bird archetypes abilities mostly because of the F1 as it is a good gap creator as well as gap closer and avoidance measure and the swiftness is nice.

Being in control of smokescale’s knockdown and the smoke assault is insanely nice for gap closing and evading damage are both good attacks and add value to the ability to maintain.

Cancelling WI is nice and is good for baiting dodges and defensive cooldowns but this will , again, most likely be nerfed in damage so it won’t be as much a necessity to avoid it , so the baiting might cease if it is indeed nerfed.

We’ll see,

Overall the stances (Dolyak looks broken and doesn’t work at all) are DECENT, nothing too crazy honestly.

There will most definitely be an ICD put on Live Fast , its too good right now.

I’ll keep testing but this stuff popped out at me while testing and dueling so far.

Tanbin

in Ranger

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

I think they should take the conditions off the Dagger mainhand, buff the power coefficients and add conditions to mainhand Sword.

Soulbeast feels more like a power spec, dedicate its exclusive weapon to power and give Sword a role in making core Ranger condition builds better.

I don’t really mind if they change offhand Dagger but if they keep it the same, number 5 really needs to use the ammo system.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

(edited by psizone.8437)

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

give crippling talon 3 charges and stalkers strike range. Problem solved.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

There was an opportunity to make daggers really interesting, and to finally put us on the melee map, but I’m not really excited to use them at this point.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Ok,

From testing already I am happy but also sad because I know how ranger gets nerfed especially WI.

1. Worldly Impact will almost 100% be nerfed in terms of damage. You’re talking 8k+ numbers in PvP with 10k+ being tested in WvW environments.

This will be definitely nerfed so I wouldn’t get too attached to it. This is an obvious and people will complain like kittening crazy about it.

Why would this be nerf when most of the Holosmith F5 skills hit for 7~16k?
The holosmith F5 #4 is a stronger rapid fire with shorter cast time. (Half of the channel time of Rapid Fire while doing MORE damage than Rapid Fire at 1200 range, and also causes burning. )

in Ranger

ZhouX.8742

Ok,

The holosmith F5 #4 is a stronger rapid fire with shorter cast time. (Half of the channel time of Rapid Fire while doing MORE damage than Rapid Fire at 1200 range, and also causes burning. )

Didn’t say that was balanced did I?

It will get nerfed man , too many people will cry about it. I know now from the many balance patches ranger has received since the beginning of this game on top of being nerfed over and over from the time druid was released. I can’t be too excited because I know, from the past, that this will result in the same after even the 1st balance patch.

Tanbin

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Ok,

Didn’t say that was balanced did I?

It will get nerfed man , too many people will cry about it. I know now from the many balance patches ranger has received since the beginning of this game on top of being nerfed over and over from the time druid was released. I can’t be too excited because I know, from the past, that this will result in the same after even the 1st balance patch.

This was my first thought too when I was going through my combat log “Nope, no way! We can’t have nice things!”

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

phew, that’s sounds better. the cast-time on Worldly Impact didn’t seem to bad in one of the earlier clips tbh. and quickness would make it relatively unnoticeable. it being a leap finisher is a bit silly imo, should be blast.

And you can use Beastly Warden to make sure you land it. Combine that with Remorseless and Live Fast and hope the Live Fast applies immediately upon skill use and the Remorseless triggers before the cast time is up.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

And you can use Beastly Warden to make sure you land it. Combine that with Remorseless and Live Fast and hope the Live Fast applies immediately upon skill use and the Remorseless triggers before the cast time is up.

Wait, Beastly Warden triggers on our F1-F3? o.O

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Wait, Beastly Warden triggers on our F1-F3? o.O

It should on the F3, I’m not sure of the others.

in Ranger

Posted by: tyinkz.7813

tyinkz.7813

all i want from mainhand dagger is probably being faster and the skill animation on number 2 is stupid its autoatack it should be changed too

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

If I was in charge of a rework.

Dagger 1: First attack now has 600 range. If it hits in melee range the full chain is resumed.
Dagger 2: Now says ‘Instantly reset this skill if you hit more than 2 enemies’.
Dagger 3: Slightly more range or slightly less cooldown.
Dagger 4: This is fine.
Dagger 5: Ammo system with 3 charges.

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

I just want the simple animations on these moves.

Dagger 1: Same 4-hit, 3-cast animations that Thief and Necro daggers have. Current effects remain. Chain altered to: Leading Swipes (2x attack), Serpent Stab, Deadly Delivery.

Dagger 2: Animation changed to a downward X-slash (same one Maul uses in Beastmode when merged with a Porcine and what Elemenatlist’s use on dagger 1 while attuned to Fire, Dragon’s Claw).

That’s all. Not existing animations that are slowed down and cut-up, passed off as new ones. Just the same old stuff that worked and still works.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fade.5904

Fade.5904

Daggers seem to deal super poor damage on auto attack no matter what stats you try.
500 dmg crits in marauders isnt good and the conditions hardly even last a full cycle

in Ranger

Posted by: Kiwi.1354

Kiwi.1354

Is it just me or does Quick draw not work on dagger 3?