[Suggestion]Change for "Lead the Wind".

in Ranger

Posted by: Havreputte.8237

Havreputte.8237

Hello.

I won’t go into numbers and all that and nvm the harpoon gun for this one but. Few things about it having bugging me when trying it out.

Original Lead the Wind
While wielding a longbow, your attack speed is increased and your arrows pirce.
Longbow and Harpoon Gun skills recharge faster.
Attack Speed increase: 10%
Targets per Arrow: 5
Recharge Reduced: 20%
Pierces

-Firstly making the trait a bit more attractive and satisfying to use would be to change the piercing arrows into a small aoe. Along side making the barrage aoe slighty slightly bigger.

-Secondly the attack speed should be bumbed up slightly, it just falls a bit short compared to predators onslaught and remorseless.

Also to make the aoe on the arrows any logical you could name the trait like “Thorn Bag Arrows”, “Thorn Knotted Arrows” or something and have a small visual effect that shows small thorns exloding when you hit the target. Another problem would be showing the aoe dmg for enemies, would it just pop up on the ground every single attack? And rapid fire. Maybe the aoe dmg would decrease for each hit or even increase not making the opening strike for too much dmg.

Lead the Wind 2
While wielding a longbow, your attack speed is increased and your arrows gain a small aoe. Longbow skills recharge faster. The aoe deals 70% dmg of the arrow hit.
Attack Speed increase: 15-20%?
Targets per Arrow: 3-5?
Recharge Reduced: 20%
Barrage’s AOE becomes bigger.
Area Of Effect Damage

Please, post your thoughts and suggestions. inb4 bearbow

(edited by Havreputte.8237)

in Ranger

Posted by: uri.6521

uri.6521

I can only imagine using rapid fire on a downed oponent while his Friends are reviving him, making them all eat 70% of the rapid fire and then point blank shot to interrupt anybody who is still trying to revive.

Im not saying its going to be OP, but definetly people will say its OP on the fórums if this happens.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

The trait is fine.

LB currently does what it needs to without the trait. It does even better with the trait.

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

Cool idea. Except currently if you pierce, the second, third, fourth and fifth target all take 100% of the damage your skill would deal to them. The trait in it’s current form is very functional. Mandatory in wvw. Very useful in pvp.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

The OP’s got the point, though.

While the trait is fully functional and such – it’s still hard to make use of. I sometimes have my times when I curse the functionality because the NPC in the very back is being body-blocked (as a model) and I can’t target it – resulting in random direction of the arrow (usually to the skies above the rest of the targets behind).

It would definitely become a QoL change. Is it a buff? Well yea. Imagining how many reflects, projectile denial and what not abilities came with the elite specs (compare Strider’s Defence to Thief’s auto-attack with staff untraited) – I wouldn’t really find it that strange.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Piercing is incredibly useful for focused fire. There’s no way you’ll snipe a wvw commander with aoe arrows that explode on the first thing in the way, and this is one of the few things a ranger (or better, a ranger-party) brings to large-scale fights.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Havreputte.8237

The OP’s got the point, though.

While the trait is fully functional and such – it’s still hard to make use of. I sometimes have my times when I curse the functionality because the NPC in the very back is being body-blocked (as a model) and I can’t target it – resulting in random direction of the arrow (usually to the skies above the rest of the targets behind).

It would definitely become a QoL change. Is it a buff? Well yea. Imagining how many reflects, projectile denial and what not abilities came with the elite specs (compare Strider’s Defence to Thief’s auto-attack with staff untraited) – I wouldn’t really find it that strange.

Yeah, its functional but why not have something usefull and reliable?
It’s wierd how the piercing works, sometimes when I want to hit things behind my target, but my ranger just aims on the target in a angle so that when it goes through it just hits the ground right behind him. And when I don’t keep my mind on the game I seem to aggro targets that lives in Australia.

I’ve also noticed that if im at a chockepoint and want to hit a few targets I can’t hit all targets. I would have to stand right beside them in the corridor. Shooting them inside the small gap which doesn’t make sense since the lb auto wants you to stand further back.

All I want is a flexible bow and a little quality of life since we dont have many ranged weapons. It would make more sense to have aoe based attacks on a rifle but they went with a forced theme on the ranger so that’s kinda out of bounds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

if you want aoe on a ranged weapon use an axe ;-)

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Personally i don’t find the piercing wrong. Actually piercing is always better than AoE, it requires you to be aware of what you are hitting and which angle. Perfect for the ranger.
If you have trouble to hit some targets with the piercing you are doing it the other way around. You target the general to be sure you hit it, then play with the angles to hit as many as you can on the way (this is my 2 cents ).

I think the speed attack could be improved, the downside of the Longbow it’s the lack of damage to close targets. This trait should get the speed to 1/2 sec at least, the trait need to reduce the aftercast animation that makes the actual attack to be every second or so.. Right now it’s not noticeable the benefit of this trait in attack speed wise..

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Havreputte.8237

Personally i don’t find the piercing wrong. Actually piercing is always better than AoE, it requires you to be aware of what you are hitting and which angle. Perfect for the ranger.
If you have trouble to hit some targets with the piercing you are doing it the other way around. You target the general to be sure you hit it, then play with the angles to hit as many as you can on the way (this is my 2 cents ).

I think the speed attack could be improved, the downside of the Longbow it’s the lack of damage to close targets. This trait should get the speed to 1/2 sec at least, the trait need to reduce the aftercast animation that makes the actual attack to be every second or so.. Right now it’s not noticeable the benefit of this trait in attack speed wise..

It’s definitely personal preference. I was also thinking about the aoe dmg not scaling to the range, so if you were to stand close to the target or at range, the dmg aoe would damage the same. So it would be more viable to shoot at close but you’d probably be better of switching weapons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lome.8239

Lome.8239

I honestly don’t think the trait needs to be changed and would prefer the current one over what is proposed here. The pierce effect is there to make sure you hit your target. It’s not there for the AOE.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Off topic but I really hate how they changed the trait and skill names. I keep reading this as “Leaf on the wind”

Attachments:

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended