[Suggestion] My Spirits Rework Idea

in Ranger

Posted by: kappa.2036

kappa.2036

Personally, I do not understand why the best buffs we can offer to our team come from a static source, especially considering that our class is designed to be really mobile.
Right now, the effects that our spirits can give are good, but they can be useful only in a pve environment since once you summon them, they will stay in place throughout their lifetime.

So, these are my suggestion for our spirits to make them work in pvp/wvw:
- Instead of summoning a Spirit, our ranger will be surrounded by an “ethereal aura” with the same colour and the form of the spirit we have summoned. These auras will grant the same aoe buffs we have right now, but with less range since we can move while buffing allies;
- Once we are surrounded by these spirits, we can active the second effect exactly like our current Spirits;
- Every “Spirit Aura” can be destroyed. This means, if we take a lot of damage, activated spirits will expire;
- The duration of our spirits in pvp/wvw mode will no longer be 1 minute, but less (like 30 seconds seems reasonable to me). Also cooldowns need to be adjusted;
- Our current Grandmaster Trait “Nature’s Vengeance” will be changed according to these new effects: “Spirits grant a boon to allies around them. Spirit Activating-skills will activate when Spirits are killed. Reduce the recharge of Spirits.”

I think this can be a good option especially if we decide to run with a zerg (this will bring the ranger in meta, for sure).
At the same time, pve will get exactly the same buffs as before and pvp will get more build diversity maybe. Let me know what do you guys think

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Good idea but something similar was suggested now several times. I doubt that it will ever be changed but keep it up.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Spirit in their actual form are a good ay for anet to give other profession’s e-spec some support skills that will have almost no effect on their dear PvP and on WvW. They won’t change a skill concept that is this safe for the game as a whole.

It’s not that I wouldn’t want them to change the spirits but if I take a step back that is just how things are. Spirits as they are have minimal impact on the game and are easy to adapt to any profession.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

yep nice idea.

Although personally i like the spirits not an aura but to be another body: it offers some cover against some projectiles and aoe, and i like the petting zoo effect. And the counterplay of being killable should allows to be buffed a bit so they are not completely useless.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

What about just letting spirits follow you around like scrapper gyros?

in Ranger

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

One of the reasons we lost the nature magic mastery talent that made them follow us was because they were too easily killed in PvP due to cleave… making them destructible auras will have the exact same issue…

Not saying they don’t need to do something about the sorry and stationary state of Spirits… just that this is the wrong solution…

What really needs to happen is the following:
- Spirits passive effect iteration is reduced from 10 seconds to 5 seconds
- Spirits are indestructible
- Spirits will follow the ranger
- Spirits special abilities are stronger and immediate
- Spirit cooldowns are reduced

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

(edited by Panda.1967)