This is not an actual feedback thread but rather a suggestion thread for QoL and other slight improvements for better soulbeast experience.
1. A petswap while in Beastform would be very useful. Not for Formcamping but rather in such situations when you need the other F3 skill.
2. Spider Poisonfield needs to be ground targeted, its missing all the time.
3. The F3 Wordly impact would be a perfect match for a Explosion finisher instead of a leap. It also roots you inplace which isnt very useful for competitive play or moving targets.
4. Dagger OH could use some of the mainhand Animation. And most importantly better skills. Dagger MH is quit decent and useful as a hybrid weapon. Dagger OH is still lackluster.
5. Unstoppable Union is not very useful when you start a fight inside beastmode. The trait would be better if you would breakstun when going inside OR outside beastmode and when you go outside your pets attacks are unblockable. this could lead to interesting pet gameply and you would not get a penalty for going into combat in B-Mode.
6. Improve the Forage skill of Porcines: porcines would be very good pets especially with soulbeast, but the active skill forage is very bad designed and very unfluent in function. make it like steal from thief that the forage item is swapped with the forage skill and stays like this until forage is off cooldown or you use it.
7. The aura is really really bright and should be tune down a bit. it looks dang cool but you cannot see your own char through that.
8. The F3 primal Cry is very strongly undertuned. Increase the bleed stacks, improve the dmg, put more conditions on it etc etc. Just improve it, to make it better.
9. Gm trait opressive superiority is underperforming. As a dmg trait it does not need a restriction based on your oponends health. Give it the effects it has without health restriction and give it a bonus depending on your enemies health (not yours). So the lower the health of your target the bigger the bonusses you get.
10. Improve cast times of beastskills. The are to slow atm and can be interrupted very easily. Improve the dmg on F1 Skills from vanilla pets while merged, they do less dmg than an AA.
11. Eternal bond: Good concept but lacking of performance. Needs either a stronger heal, at least double it. It also could need a lower cooldown, about 25% shorter would be good.
12. Improve description Tooltips of Petskills and Pet F1-2 skills.
13. Entering Beastmode should not strip special buffs like strength of the pack /sic em.
14. Fresh Reinforcements should be baseline or at least a minor trait. This trait is mandatory for all boon based builds and leave them no actual choice while traiting. The pet should gain the boons the ranger has when leaving beastmode. give it a reasonable ICD so it cannot be abused.
15. The Elite “one wolf pack” could use some improvements. Minimize the strike delay so the ranger can strike twice every half a second for 8 seconds. instead of proccing every half second with a 1 second delay.
16. Give the ranger the poison dmg on the MH dagger skill double arc when in beasstform. This also counts for every other Weaponskill that has this functionality. i.e. bleed from crippling shot on Shortbow or the might gain on the sword AA.
17. Vulture stance: Might is not very useful for this stance. You can get might very easily very fast and it does not bring special benefits to this stance. Change the might to something that improves condition gameplay.
For example: While under the effects of vulture stance you apply poison every hit, if you hit the target under the health threshhold you increase the condition duration of all conditions applied to the target.
This would give us a condi burst and a execute mechanic for the vulture stance in conjunction with condition gameplay.
18. We do less dmg in beast mode, dont punish players with a 10s CD on beast mode when we want to frequently swap pets and modes. tune it down to a very short CD like 1s. The CD on the beastskills will remain so we cannot spam these abbilities but atleast ahve some fluidity in gameplay.
19. Pets Prowess should effect the ranger when in beast mode. This takes also the movement speed into account.
20. The mastertraits are very specific to certain boons or conditions. Broadening the spectrum out or make it better available would benefit the traits.
Second skin: Give this trait a protection proc. Favorable on Stance use.
Predators cunning: You steal life from an enemy that is poisoned (not an enemy you apply poison) . In addition you have a chance to apply poison on crit.
Essence of Speed: Could also proc on swiftness for a broader spectrum.
21. Live fast should work with the F2 outside of beastmode, it counts as a beastskill and should behave like this.
22. Skills that activate on Beastskill (Go for the Eyes, Wilting Strike, Beastly Warden and Invogarating Bond) should trigger at the starting time of activation of the skill not on the skill execution.
23. Stances are undertuned and could benefit of the charge mechanic like the stances of weaver has.
24. Improve the GM Trait poison Master in Wilderness survival traitline. Keep the Poison buff but improve the active effect. i.e. Apply poison stacks every time when you disable a foe. This accounts for all srong cc from you and your pet.
25. Improve Dagger MH attackspeed, its to slow atm and feels clunky.
26. Striders defence should give quickness regardless of what weapon we are using.
27. Griffon stance has a CD that is way to high. Cut it down to 25s recharge (with the charge mechanic i mentioned above). Cut the duration down to 4s. And make ita an evade frame for the duration. The buff is not stackable. Add some superspeed and remove the might gain. This way it is an evade tool like it should be with no initial offensive aspect.
You can make more suggestions i will gather them on the list.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.
(edited by InsaneQR.7412)