[Suggestion] Spirits for Counterplay

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

I think we need more Counterplay in the game (especially in wvw) and the spirits need some sort of rework. Why not combine?

The spirits get a shorter duration, but a better effect. There is no more active skill for them. No minion, pet or spirit will be target of the spirits. The pet get targeted only, if there is no other ally.

Life duration is the time the spirits are alive. Within this time the spirit can target enemies/allies and use 1 loading per target to put the effect on them. After using all 5 loadings, the spirit is inactive until it dies. Targeting is instant, it dont need any projectile or casttime. The spirit can target every player just one time.

Earth Spirit
life duration: 20 s
target: 5 allies in red circle
effect: allies can move through up to 3 red circles without getting an effect. So people with this effect can move through red circles field for cleaning it from red circles.

Sun Spirit
target: 5 stealthed enemies
effect: remove stealth and give 5 s revealed.

Frost Spirit:
target: 5 enemies with stability or protection
effect: removes stability and protection (2 loadings). If target get within life time one more stability or protection, both are removed one more time.

Storm Spirit
target: 5 enemies using a move-skill (teleport, leap, etc.)
effect: Whenever this enemy tries to use a move-skill, he get interrupted. In addition he cant dodge (duration 6 s)

Water Spirit:
target: 5 allies
effect: heal yourself for an amount. incoming healing for allies is 20% better (10 second duration)

Nature Spirit (Elite)
target: 5 downed allies
effect: the ally rallies faster. If rallied, he will start with more healthpoints and get 5 s protection.

I dont know if this effects will be cool for pve, too. For wvw it will be big counterplay against specific meta-builds. And they could also be very interesting in pvp.

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

(edited by Aleksander Suburb.4287)

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

I think we need more Counterplay in the game (especially in wvw) and the spirits need some sort of rework. Why not combine?

The spirits get a shorter duration, but a better effect. There is no more active skill for them. No minion, pet or spirit will be target of the spirits. The pet get targeted only, if there is no other ally.

Life duration is the time the spirits are alive. Within this time the spirit can target enemies/allies and use 1 loading per target to put the effect on them. After using all 5 loadings, the spirit is inactive until it dies. Targeting is instant, it dont need any projectile or casttime. The spirit can target every player just one time.

Earth Spirit
target: 5 allies in red circle
effect: allies can move through up to 3 red circles without getting an effect. So people with this effect can move through red circles field for cleaning it from red circles.

Sun Spirit
target: 5 stealthed enemies
effect: remove stealth and give 5 s revealed.

Frost Spirit:
target: 5 enemies with stability or protection
effect: removes stability and protection (2 loadings). If target get within life time one more stability or protection, both are removed one more time.

Storm Spirit
target: 5 enemies using a move-skill (teleport, leap, etc.)
effect: Whenever this enemy tries to use a move-skill, he get interrupted. In addition he cant dodge (duration 6 s)

Water Spirit:
target: 5 allies
effect: heal yourself for an amount. incoming healing for allies is 20% better (10 second duration)

Nature Spirit (Elite)
target: 5 downed allies
effect: the ally rallies faster. If rallied, he will start with more healthpoints and get 5 s protection.

I dont know if this effects will be cool for pve, too. For wvw it will be big counterplay against specific meta-builds. And they could also be very interesting in pvp.

I have to agree that spirits need rework but this is way ti conplicated to be implementet, keep it simple.
I rather thought of a buff for 5 allies with no spirit visible but some kind of aura or something to visualize the buff you have got. The buff has no icd, its just a combofield attached to the ranger and a static buff to allies. Spirits have a time limit, after the time the combo field vanishes. Activating the active ends the effect.

Water Spirit: Water field. Received healing increase 7%
Fire Spirit: Fire field: Dmg (condi) 7%
Ice spirit: Condition duration on all conditions applied 7%,
Earth spirit: Explosion finisher on activation, group stunbreak,7% dmg resistance, pulse area of earth spirit is projectile destroying.
Storm Spirit: Dmg (raw) 7% , storm field, reveal in area.
Nature spirit: Light field, condition resistance 14%

Duration of all spirits is 20s, the elite is 30s.
The trait gives following bonusses: Spirits pulses boon and do not die after activation, cd is reduced. Spirits activate on dead. (Note: Spirit activation animation is the same just bigger and similar to gs#2 maul)
Boons of spirits:
Water: Regen
Fire: Might
Storm: Swiftness, vigor
Ice: Fury
Earth: Protection
Nature: Resistance
All boons are applied every ten seconds and last 10, except elite, this one lasts 3 seconds.
Thats a spirit improvements i would vote for.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

At this point I honestly think Anet just needs to make them unkillable and turn them into fancy looking banners with an active effect that sacrifices them.

It’s pretty obvious Anet can’t properly balance them any other way.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well, OP don’t mind me if I say that all your idea either make the spirits totally useless in PvE or are totally unrealistics.

For me, they should just change the trait nature’s vengeance so that when summoned the spirits dwell into the ranger’s pet. This way, without impacting gameplay that use spirit for bodyblock, we could at least try to hit something with the active part of the skill.

(Un)Fortunately, this kind of feature may become an elite spec skillset.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

As cool as those ideas are, they’re not that useful. I wouldn’t mind something more on lines of stuff like that (hits a bunch of players and they’re under those effects for however long the spirits alive), but the effects would have to be a lot different than those for spirits to be viable.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna