Superior Sigil of Incapacitation

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

So, what’s the reason for this sigil to be account bound? Guess I finally need to level another crafting discipline :/

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

You may notice the all of the runes/sigil form the sept 9 patch and and the food from the dry top releases are account bound. but to answer your question i have no idea. maybe to control the prices in the market as they rely t6 mats. Possible to get people to by crafting licenses. Or i could be just as simple as getting people to level crafting disciplines

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Hmm. Well I’d really like them to open up the market for this sigil (and other things) – not everyone likes to craft, and it’s not like it’s that different from other sigils on the market. But, I guess they have their reasons like you said. I’ll go ahead and ask about it in the general section of this forum.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Games often do this and most often it’s simply to make people play more of the game.

Now that the game has been out a while, most of their regular players have quite a lot of gold and are pretty set in what it is they like to do in game. That’s all fine at good but it means when something new comes out, most people can afford to buy it which can lead to people not really noticing it as “new content”. They can instantly buy it, so can everyone else, the community will quickly work out where it’s useful (if anywhere) and within days the new item/food/sigil/whatever it is will just have it’s set place in the meta like everything else. The content just gets rushed through with everyone instantly testing it and gets old fast.

By gating new content, however, ANet not only forces people to craft (or dungeon, or explore new areas, or whatever it is they want) and thus to explore more of the game, not just the little area they are set in playing, but they also seriously slow down how fast the community works out useful something is, making it much more interesting to play with and generally just more exciting for those who do bother.

It’s also a small way of ANet rewarding players who do bother to play all of the game at least a little, rather than being PvP only, or WvW only, etc.

The personal example I like is Pickly Pear Pie I use when trapping… It’s so much better than the usual +condition duration food when using rabid or celestial, but I still see hardly anyone using it besides myself. Even after all this time it is still something interesting and “new” which I have over most other players.. a few weeks ago I even had someone asking me what it was. This wouldnt happen if it was as easy as just buying it on the TP because everyone would use it and it would be the standard old boring meta.

TL;DR It’s a sneaky thing game designers do to keep new content from getting old and to make people play more of the game.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

TL;DR It’s a sneaky thing game designers do to keep new content from getting old and to make people play more of the game.

I always found their intentions to be pretty obvious when they pull this kind of garbage.

It’s just really crappy that instead of doing something to make crafting more enticing they instead punish people for not doing it. If you decide to dedicate a ton of gold and time to fully level crafting you can’t even sell the stuff you make.

Those of us that have been with the game since beta already know which parts of the game we enjoy. They aren’t going to somehow trick me into spending time crafting or playing PvE. I’ve done both and for me they are terrible.

If they want me to level crafting they should give me credit for crafting superior siege or chucking karma trash into the mystic toilet when I need a quick way to make gold.
That is as close to crafting as I’m ever going to get again.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

It got people to craft is all probably. Take me for example. 0 crafting on my main or alt (ranger/warrior). I wanted this sigil so I had to level crafting. I also wanted to try the trapper runes. Had to learn that craft…

It isn’t a game breaker by any means and it just means I’m finally, probably, going to craft up to 500 for one set of ascended crap finally. Some times it just comes down to the price one pays to try something or wear the ranger uniform….or any other class for that matter (e.g. to play GW2).

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)