Swap Staff and Cele #5s?

Swap Staff and Cele #5s?

in Ranger

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

Staff, aside from its AA and #2 does not have great deal of offensive capabilites, so it’d make sense that Natural Convergence (cele #5) goes to staff. Likewise the staff Sublime Conversion (staff #5) should go to Celestial form since it’s falls into support type of skills.

This would unblur the line between damage and support for both staff and celestial form and it just makes sense from thematic standpoint.

Swap Staff and Cele #5s?

in Ranger

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

I would prefer to keep the staff 5 water field actually. But I do agree that staff, and CAF for that matter, need much more offensive abilities.

Swap Staff and Cele #5s?

in Ranger

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Its a support/defensive weapon.. what did you all expect?

Swap Staff and Cele #5s?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Which is totally redundant because it charges the AF to enter CAF which is also a support/defensive form. The staff would be miles better off with less healing and more damage.

Swap Staff and Cele #5s?

in Ranger

Knighthonor.4061

Which is totally redundant because it charges the AF to enter CAF which is also a support/defensive form. The staff would be miles better off with less healing and more damage.

Totally disagree. Staff been great as is. I like all its tools. It has defense tools, a cc, a blast movement control, a AoE heal at target location and the AA is great. Only Wasp need buff. Thats pretty much it.

i dont play Staff Druid to be Berserker meta

Swap Staff and Cele #5s?

in Ranger

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

Totally disagree. Staff been great as is. I like all its tools. It has defense tools, a cc, a blast movement control, a AoE heal at target location and the AA is great. Only Wasp need buff. Thats pretty much it.

No need to be overly defensive. Also no one here mentioned zerker meta… it’s about clear differentiation of roles and you’re not loosing anything basically. This is no just about staff it’s also about celestial form as well.

If I want to support my team I’d like to have all my tools available. If I have to quit my support form just to provide projectile to healing wall and vice versa, it’s not only incoveneient, I think it’s poorly thought out and just creates needless artificial complexity.

For example:
If Natural Convergence were a staff skill you’d be able to lock down enemy > pet cc > trigger Ancient Seeds. So it’d have some solo application as well instead of just being reliant on other ppl to do something during that time window.

And on top of it all, let’s be frank, thematically, healing wall fits better in celestial form than staff and that single damaging skill in celestial form won’t make any difference damage wise because it’s not where it should be.

Swap Staff and Cele #5s?

in Ranger

Knighthonor.4061

No need to be overly defensive. Also no one here mentioned zerker meta… it’s about clear differentiation of roles and you’re not loosing anything basically. This is no just about staff it’s also about celestial form as well.

If I want to support my team I’d like to have all my tools available. If I have to quit my support form just to provide projectile to healing wall and vice versa, it’s not only incoveneient, I think it’s poorly thought out and just creates needless artificial complexity.

For example:
If Natural Convergence were a staff skill you’d be able to lock down enemy > pet cc > trigger Ancient Seeds. So it’d have some solo application as well instead of just being reliant on other ppl to do something during that time window.

And on top of it all, let’s be frank, thematically, healing wall fits better in celestial form than staff and that single damaging skill in celestial form won’t make any difference damage wise because it’s not where it should be.

Once again I disagree because Staff 5 is also a water field to go with Staff 3, and need more uptime. Putting it on Celestrial form reduces its uptime making it a huge nerf.

Swap Staff and Cele #5s?

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Some support and defense would be nice.

For example:

Once again I disagree because Staff 5 is also a water field to go with Staff 3, and need more uptime. Putting it on Celestrial form reduces its uptime making it a huge nerf.

Except staff 3 is terrible for blasting it because of how staff 3 behaves when using it at a spot close to you.

Swap Staff and Cele #5s?

in Ranger

Knighthonor.4061

Some support and defense would be nice.

For example:

Except staff 3 is terrible for blasting it because of how staff 3 behaves when using it at a spot close to you.

Its also great for quickly changing directions to get to safe location behind ally lines.

Swap Staff and Cele #5s?

in Ranger

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

Staff 5 —> Staff 3 is still a pretty easy combo to land for the blast of the water field. I’m not too concern by staff dps as when I become a heal bot I spend 80-90% of my time in CA form.

What would be nice is if:

1. CA 1 was either much larger radius or instant cast
2. Some damage on the auto attack because literally, after everyone’s at full health, I have to leave form to do any damage which is a waste of astral energy
3. CA 5 isn’t that great
4. Staff 2 needs a little buff
5. Staff 4 needs a big buff
6. Glyphs need a look at, most are useless except the ones which heal