Swap signet of Hunt and WIld active effects?

in Ranger

Posted by: Darrio.6098

Darrio.6098

Right now both of them dosn’t have enough reason to me to use it active effects.

• For Signet of the Wild losing 180 ferocity on 40 seconds cd is big deal and Immobilize and little damage of active ability really dosn’t compensate potential damage loss.
  • Ranger really have enough control effects with pets, weapons, and skills and with Soulbeast his pool increases even more. Is Ranger really need that “lesser Entangle” with physical damage?
  • For Signet of Hunt it’s almost the same – most valueble and wanted by Rangers effect for years was given to least valueable in current state of the game skill.
  • HoT pre balance patch give us Swiftness from Shouts trait, Druid’s permament 33% speed from Natural Stride and Call of the Wild, both from trait and warhorn.
  • Now PoF with mounts deal finishing blow to reason to equip this signet atleast in Open World, which have really nice active effect and may be nessesary on later expansion mobs.
  • And not only this, by simply using active skill once you lose that 25% speed boost for whole 40 seconds, like really? It’s huge amount of time, in everygame mode, it’s really not worth it, so you still in need to take something generating Swiftness to your build to compensate it.

Why here such inconstancy?

• Why Offensive Signet of WIld use Support Active skill and Support Signet of Hunt use Offensive Active skill?

Just look at perfect balanced Signet of Stone.

• It gives Ranger 180 toughness, making him more durable against physical attacks. By using Active skill it makes ranger immune to physical attacks.
  • Ranger have no regrets trading passive to active ability, because he know that passive can’t hande a potential very deadly blow.
  • And that amount of damage he can mitigate already compensate long cd of this skill, which blocking his passive effect.
  • Have counterplay – dosn’t block condition damage.

Support signet give even more support for short time. Why don’t use this concept again?

Swapped Signet of Wild:

• It gives Ranger 180 ferocity, grant him more crit. damage with physical attacks. By using Active skill it makes ranger attacks unblockable.
  • Ranger have no regrets using active ability, because he know that passive just didn’t work anyway against target with block.
  • Amount of DPS he deliver with his unblockable attacks already compensate cd of this skill.
  • Offensive passive was traded for more Offensive active, great deal.
  • If Ranger never meet target with blocks, he never use active, but still have great benefit from that amount of ferocity.
  • Counterplay – dodge, blinds, invurable state, CC.

Swapped Signet of Hunt:

• It gives Ranger 25% running speed, grant him passive source of speed. By using Active skill it makes Ranger Immobilize and damage close targets.
  • Ranger have no regrets using active ability, because he dosn’t need passive speed boost, because his targets is Immobilized, lol.
  • If it maked with reasonable CD like 20s-25s, it can greatly improve going back to passive effect uptime. 40s is totally overkill. Every other signet have 25-30s CD.
  • Support passive was traded for more Support active, again great deal.
  • Counterplay – dodge, blinds, invurable state, CC.

Also it can be very nice if Brutish Seals give Ranger 1-2 stacks of Stability for 5s at each activated signet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

It makes a lot of sense to swap them, thematically.

Losing 25% movement speed to immobilize makes sense as does losing 12% crit damage to ensure you can land your attacks against a blocking foe.

And some stab on Brutish Seals would be much appreciated,

+1

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Sounds reasonable and should be implemented. +1

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Does make sense though I’d rather they didn’t haha. SoH is so nice for out of combat speed on LB build :O

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

+1. Swap ’em like a pet, Irenio!

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Got some use out of SoH while wvw roaming just the other day, not having to spec for any particular amount of swiftness or have Natural Stride traited, and I still had a powerful active effect against several builds. Give it immobilize, and it’s right back to the trashcan.

Yeah, the swap makes perfect sense, but I honestly think the biggest problem here is how bad the new active of SotW is. So ye, sure, swap it all you want, but I’m never gonna use SoH for a weak entangle effect.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

I’m with Lazze on this.

Signet of the Hunt needs the new active. It’s now a good alternative to other forms of movement speed.

Signet of the Wild just needs another active. Give it back its stability, but with a 0s cast time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I think the bigger problem is that SotWs active, although looks very nice, is utter crap, if I wanted an AoE immob why wouldn’t I just slot muddy terrain, or entangle, or stone spirit, or use staff, or bring a drake Hound? If there’s one thing we are drowning in, it’s AoE immobs, we don’t need another one.

Personally I think SotH should keep its new active, you’re trading your chase potential for kill potential, which imo is a good trade off and is fitting for a diner of the hunt

Sig of the Wild needs its effect changed, not transferred… unless they wanted to make the new active our staff 2 or something… that would be nice, and then I could bathe in the animation more often.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I think the bigger problem is that SotWs active, although looks very nice, is utter crap, if I wanted an AoE immob why wouldn’t I just slot muddy terrain, or entangle, or stone spirit, or use staff, or bring a drake Hound? If there’s one thing we are drowning in, it’s AoE immobs, we don’t need another one.

Personally I think SotH should keep its new active, you’re trading your chase potential for kill potential, which imo is a good trade off and is fitting for a diner of the hunt

Sig of the Wild needs its effect changed, not transferred… unless they wanted to make the new active our staff 2 or something… that would be nice, and then I could bathe in the animation more often.

I like this logic. Any suggestions for other effects?

How about a Stun or Daze in addition to the immob, to work with MoC? Protection to work with Rugged Growth? Stability and stunbreak would be lovely. How about Poison with your next 5 attacks or grant an AoO to allies?

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Nothing specific, but if the swap is not the sensible move, then SotW needs a new active that also applies to the pet.

Some of you Rangers probably forgot that it was suggested for 2+ years after launch for Signet of the Beastmaster to become baseline, and after almost 3 years, we now have 1 signet nerfed and its pet interaction lost on activation.

If there’s going to be any suggestions moving forward: it needs to involve the pet.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

I would just leave SotH be and change SotW active. Good theme suggestion though. Speaking of Signets, they should definitely rework Brutish Seals, this is like Lesseer Spotter IMO I get that this is to synergize with Remoreseless. The Whole Marksmanship Master trait needs a rework to be honest. lol. Such crappy choices for Marksmanship line.

1. Moment of Clarity, how often do you really interrupt someone lets be honest. And how many times can we do this as a Ranger class.
2. Steady Focus, youre basically a sitting duck trying to keep that 10% increase in damage with this trait. Regardless of equipping sword dagger and why would you want to lock in your self with sword dagger thats not a good gameplay ANet.
3. Brutish Seals, how often can you activate a signet now a days for a mere 6 kittenty seconds of Fury when every other class can have better access to fury. Failed support idea.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

SotH active shouldn’t be changed because it’s exactly the change we Rangers have been asking for for years. ANet listened; let’s not just throw that out.

SotW change is absurd, though. It needs to be reworked into something else entirely.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Nothing specific, but if the swap is not the sensible move, then SotW needs a new active that also applies to the pet.

Some of you Rangers probably forgot that it was suggested for 2+ years after launch for Signet of the Beastmaster to become baseline, and after almost 3 years, we now have 1 signet nerfed and its pet interaction lost on activation.

If there’s going to be any suggestions moving forward: it needs to involve the pet.

Every trait and skill that does not include “…and your pet.” or words to that effect, are poorly thought out for us.

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Every trait and skill that does not include “…and your pet.” or words to that effect, are poorly thought out for us.

Yeah. Too many suggestions over the years to include the pet, most of which were omitted. I’m chiming in on the suggestions concerning SotW’s active.

Even Rangers sometimes forget that it’s there. No biggie. Just a reminder to try and include it so it’s not just looking at us while we cast SotW and go, “Oh, so we’re trying to be a Warrior now? All right, I get it. Just press F5 ‘cause I’m out!”

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Signet of the Wild active is more like a Glyph with its short range. Actually, it has an even shorter radius than a glyph.

No idea why everything has to have a different radius.

in Ranger

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’m with Lazze on this.

Signet of the Hunt needs the new active. It’s now a good alternative to other forms of movement speed.

Signet of the Wild just needs another active. Give it back its stability, but with a 0s cast time.

+1. SotH is an amazing utility now because of the change. While OP’s idea makes sense thematically, it’d be even worse than before.

SotW just needs a new active. Really, it’d be nice to just have the old ability back.