Sword - leap question

Sword - leap question

in Ranger

Posted by: Siobhan.3582

Siobhan.3582

The main reason I run Great sword is for swoop and the ability to get out of range quick.

(play mostly WvW btw)..

I read sword you can do this similar with the monarch leap.. How do you actually pull this off? Do you clear your target after the first jump back, turn around and use it?

Thanks

That one person.

Sword - leap question

in Ranger

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

The main reason I run Great sword is for swoop and the ability to get out of range quick.

(play mostly WvW btw)..

I read sword you can do this similar with the monarch leap.. How do you actually pull this off? Do you clear your target after the first jump back, turn around and use it?

Thanks

exactly

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

Sword - leap question

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Essentially. If you want to leap a specific direction you clear target first and have your back facing where you want to go. If you dont care really where you go as long as its away then you can keep your target selected for the first leap, which will make you leap away from your target regardless of where you are facing (just remember to then clear target before using the second leap).

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Sword - leap question

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Quick tip, it says leap backwards however it functions like other leap skills such as mesmer phase retreat. Basically it leaps away from the target, so if you run through your opponent and use it you will leap forward.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

Sword - leap question

in Ranger

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

other tip. disable the function to autotarget if you are attacked

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

Sword - leap question

in Ranger

Posted by: F I R S T.3976

F I R S T.3976

It’s one of our best tool for escaping. Also goes well with lightning reflex. Try it out..!

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger

Sword - leap question

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

If you have autoattack turned off, you can actually get 4 consecutive leaps out of sword if you want to disengage.

• The third autoattack skill (Pounce – leaping cat icon) has a 430 range leap on it. If you click the ground to lose your target just before pushing ‘1’ on this skill, you leap forward. (There’s a hotkey you can make to lose the target, but someone will have to remind me since I don’t remember it.)
  • The autoattack then rolls back to the first skill (Slash – curved blade icon). Slash normally doesn’t have a leap. But if Pounce doesn’t hit a target (there is nothing to hit at the end of the previous leap) and you hit ‘1’ again immediately after, Slash will do another ~400 range leap forward.
  • Then you spin around 180 degrees (can bind this to a hotkey in the options), and hit ‘2’ for another 400 range leap (backwards).
  • Then you spin around 180 degrees, and hit ‘2’ again for another 600 range leap (forward).

Altogether, in a couple seconds you’ll put 1800 units distance between you and your initial target. If your alternate weapon is GS, that’s just gravy. You can swap (gaining swiftness if you have at least 5 Skirmishing) and use Swoop for another ~1450 range (with swiftness) leap.

Sword - leap question

in Ranger

Posted by: F I R S T.3976

F I R S T.3976

If you have autoattack turned off, you can actually get 4 consecutive leaps out of sword if you want to disengage.

• The third autoattack skill (Pounce – leaping cat icon) has a 430 range leap on it. If you click the ground to lose your target just before pushing ‘1’ on this skill, you leap forward. (There’s a hotkey you can make to lose the target, but someone will have to remind me since I don’t remember it.)
  • The autoattack then rolls back to the first skill (Slash – curved blade icon). Slash normally doesn’t have a leap. But if Pounce doesn’t hit a target (there is nothing to hit at the end of the previous leap) and you hit ‘1’ again immediately after, Slash will do another ~400 range leap forward.
  • Then you spin around 180 degrees (can bind this to a hotkey in the options), and hit ‘2’ for another 400 range leap (backwards).
  • Then you spin around 180 degrees, and hit ‘2’ again for another 600 range leap (forward).

Altogether, in a couple seconds you’ll put 1800 units distance between you and your initial target. If your alternate weapon is GS, that’s just gravy. You can swap (gaining swiftness if you have at least 5 Skirmishing) and use Swoop for another ~1450 range (with swiftness) leap.

Yeah, those are skills that makes ranger move like a super saiyan from dragon ball.

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger

Sword - leap question

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Yeah, here’s a video with me using it to run away. Skip to near the end if you want to just see that.