Teaming up with a Power Ranger SPVP

in Ranger

Posted by: Kount.5704

Kount.5704

Hi,

I just started playing SPVP with my girlfriend a couple of days ago.

She uses a ranger (LB/GS power build) while I used a thief (DP/SB power build) but I feel like both of us working together might be too squishy since we are both bad against Warriors/Guardians.

Is it just my imagination or is there another class that could work better with a Ranger?

Thanks!

in Ranger

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

A Warrior could work well with a Ranger but honestly with a Power Ranger and a Thief, you shouldn’t really be losing to warriors and guardians all that often.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Thief isn’t really for constantly being with another player, they’re for flying as fast as possible around the map taking targets of opportunity and decapping.

I think a cele or rabid engi would make a better traveling buddy for a ranger. Rangers and engis both have a lot of CC, so you can cover each other. Engi is also pretty survivable, so you aren’t both complete glass.

Engis, especially condi, have a lot of blast finishers which can pair nicely with healing spring. And that also helps the engi weakness of lack of condi removal.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

Posted by: Padapwn.5924

Padapwn.5924

Best thing to do is peel for your spike damage. Regardless what some may think, Ranger cannot “burst” effectively as well as other classes, but it can put out a better sustain damage.

Another big problem with the ranger is anything that has boons/can reapply boons. So peeling for a d/p thief when they initiate their burst and steal the boons is ez mode.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Thief isn’t really for constantly being with another player, they’re for flying as fast as possible around the map taking targets of opportunity and decapping.

I think a cele or rabid engi would make a better traveling buddy for a ranger. Rangers and engis both have a lot of CC, so you can cover each other. Engi is also pretty survivable, so you aren’t both complete glass.

Engis, especially condi, have a lot of blast finishers which can pair nicely with healing spring. And that also helps the engi weakness of lack of condi removal.

Agreed with this. Even the cele engi build on metabattle.com would pair well with a lb ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

If you two are running together, try to use complimenting builds. If she’s using a power ranger, maybe use Devourer Venom to set up her Rapid Fire, and add a Backstab to finish the target.

If you guys want to try more tanky condition buiilds, you could have a bit more synergy. I have a lot of fun running this combination with a friend of mine.

Thief build – venomshare
Ranger build – condi survival

Huge condition spread between the two. Tons of bleeds, torment, poison, burning, chill, cripple and immobilize. You can use the blasts on shortbow #2 on Healing Spring (water field) and Bonfire (fire field) for healing and might. Just make sure to activate the venoms near her and play with synergy in mind. It may not be “meta” but I’ve always had fun playing it.

The ranger will take most of the heat while the thief dips in and out, but it has plenty of survivability to pull it off.