Testing Build: WIP Opinions Wanted

Testing Build: WIP Opinions Wanted

in Ranger

Posted by: zergdaeva.7185

zergdaeva.7185

I’m not terribly pro at build testing. Just sort of seeing what I could come up with on my own.

http://tinyurl.com/bvdrh4s

Game Plan

An “ideal” fight would go like this: Call of the Wild for Fury, Hunter’s Shot, Quickening Zephyr, Rapid Fire. After all of this the enemy has almost 25 stacks of Vulnerability, and almost 10 stacks of Bleed. After that first bit, i pop Rampage as One when my Fury will be about gone, and the enemy will have started to fight back, giving me an edge on mobility and thus survivability.

Mobility

Point Black Shot gives me a little space for a short time. Not a skill that always works for me. However, Sword and Warhorn gives me a 15 sec Swiftness for a little speed, and the Sword has it’s two evasive attacks which also apply Cripple. I picked Shrapnel Mine, the Charr racial, over Spike Trap and Muddy Terrain because the cripple has a longer duration after leaving the aoe field, and has ground targetting unlike Spike Trap when it’s not traited into, and Muddy Terrain as a visible aoe field to the enemy right off the bat, rather than being hidden. Everyone loves Rampage as One for it’s hawt 20 sec Stability. I traited into Hide in Plain Sight which ideally gives me a chance to get the jump on the enemy again, if I’ve lost the upper hand.

Condition Removal

I slapped a Sigil of Purity onto my Sword for the bonus condition removal, since i’ll generally swap to this weapon I go into “survival mode” more or less. Signet of Renewal is a no-brainer for the removal and stun break. The Empathic Bond trait seemed amazing. If functions the same as the signet, but removes all conditions instead of just one. Shared Anguish seemed good as well.

Gear

Runes of the Nightmare x5 gives me condition damage for Bleed and duration for my important Bleeds, Cripples, and Vulnerability. The last rune just gives +toughness. I haven’t geared up for this build yet so i’m open to suggestion. I was thinking a healthy balance of + Condition dmg and Critical dmg.

Pets

I swap pets a lot depending on the situation, but generally for most situations I keep the Jaguar and Jungle Spider out. The Lynx or Snow Leopard is probably fine in WvW also, but I like the stealth for a little pet survivability. The others’ leap F2’s seem to have trouble hitting most of the time anyway. The cats main attack applies Vulnerability and another attack applies Bleed which is nice for my little Bleed applying “sub-build”. I was thinking of some pets with more vitality or toughness like a bear, since my pet often pulls conditions from me.

I got a chance to test it in WvW. I 1v1’d a Thief and did pretty well. Stuns hardly affected me at the beginning of the fight and I didn’t have to pop my signet. The Cripple from my Shrapnel Mine had a mighty nice duration, keeping him from me. After he stealthed the first time to get the jump on me again, I popped Rampage and avoided the next set of stuns. Killed him with 50% health after healing. Worked pretty well!

That’s about it. Constructive criticism and advice is welcome!