Thank You Anet. Soulbeast is basically a Derv

in Ranger

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

If as I truly suspect, Soulbeast is actually a Dervish style profession.

Pets are basically Avatars from Dervishes. This is honestly the only way to do Dervishes in this iteration of Guild Wars. I posted a Spec build and stated that pets could be the Avatars and to use Pet families as one. Seems that Anet too had this idea.

So I would like to totally thank Anet for giving me as close to my favorite Profession from Guild Wars 1. I wish you would consider bringing new weapon types into Guild Wars 2, Soulbeast with a Scythe would have been epic.

in Ranger

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

well , we shell see this weekend how close the the dervish it is

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

I can’t see any relations to a dervish. The soulbeast seems to me a copy of guard speciality: Aditional Skills on F1-F3 with some nice power ups. (without passive effects sadly).

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Except Dervish cleaves lots of targets while SB seems to be 1~2 target focus.

Also Dervish’s main attraction is not just transform, but the offensive aura they apply.
Basically Dervish is an AOE class. SB is not.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pip Squeak.3418

Pip Squeak.3418

Except Dervish cleaves lots of targets while SB seems to be 1~2 target focus.

I have been playing around with Clarion Bond, Moment of Clarity, and Lead the Wind in marksmanship lately, the cleave is better than I would have thought. The only reason I think it’s worth trying is the change to Clarion Bond, it combined with Zephyr’s Speed is pretty amazing.

Fury, Might, Quickness, Swiftness, Super Speed and unblockable pet attacks? Add a nice piercing LB2 and Bristleback F2 together with that and you get some crazy single target, and some decent cleave burst.

Edit: I forgot to mention this setup will do more damage and have more opportunities to truly shine with SB than it currently does with Druid.