Thank you Gaile, But...

Thank you Gaile, But...

in Ranger

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

I really appreciate your efforts here Gaile, but your voice is not the one the Ranger community needs to hear from. We know your support and determination, but we need to hear from those others, and not on Twitter.

It is really bad form to be using twitter for anything other than simple announcements… like, Get in GW2 for Hallow’s Eve, or something similar.

Whoever this Roy guy is should be ashamed that he allowed those Tweets in the first place.

Communication from A-net has always been very sub-par, i do not understand why you as a company cannot improve in this area and even try to set the industry standard, instead you choose to shoot for the low rung.

I am not advertising for another game here but you should really do a case study Camelot Unchained’s version of community outreach.

The Ranger has been mistreated for over 3 years now, we finally get some buffs to the class that is on point with others, and for some reason we get those positive changes undone in less than a day, this is not discussed properly with the community, this is just handled heavy handed without tact or thought.

Maybe an explanation as to why the Ranger community is treated in such a different manner than the rest might let us all understand.

I am trying to keep this civil, and constructive, i think it is time that A-net change its communication policies.

Thank you Gaile, But...

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Seriously a post here and there everyday will keep all this under wraps. Would really do wonders and mean so much for the ranger community, even if it is not something they want to hear. We NEED more red posts other than yours Gaile. This silent treatment only aggravates players and it leads to chaos before it subsides. We want to know the Dev’s responses whatever it may be. Lack of communication can be simply deemed as lack of care and credibility. Was the nerf to WHaO really justified? Say why. At least all this rage fest will subside and will lead to constructive criticisms and reasoning.

No wonder we think all sorts of ridiculous scenarios, some which are starting to sound right. Quell this before you really do a number on your reputation amongst rangers(and thieves too if you have a look at their forum).

Thank you Gaile, But...

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

Devs have been silent about rangers since launch. They do not know how to fix rangers, they are failing at a fundamental level. The evidence for this is the past 3 years.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

Thank you Gaile, But...

in Ranger

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

atleast devs talk to you guys… check the engi forum…

Thank you Gaile, But...

in Ranger

Dradiin.8935

In the end it is the endemic problem A-net has perpetuated since the game started, this fundamental issue is at the Heart Of all the Thorny problems that are seeming to arise.

I don’t think what I and others are asking for to be so far beyond the realm of accomplishing by the devs.

Thank you Gaile, But...

in Ranger

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

It is really bad form to be using twitter for anything other than simple announcements… like, Get in GW2 for Hallow’s Eve, or something similar.

game devs talk shop and game stuff in twitter, it’s not some arenanet thing nor is it a flaw.

Thank you Gaile, But...

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

I see 3 red threads on the engi forum.

Gaile isn’t a dev.

Thank you Gaile, But...

in Ranger

Dradiin.8935

I see 3 red threads on the engi forum.

Gaile isn’t a dev.

Here is hoping that Gaile can slap (metaphorically) sense into said devs.

Thank you Gaile, But...

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

The thing that frustrates me is that Roy is perfectly happy to have discussions on the revenant forum regarding balance tweaks, but refuses to set foot in the ranger forum to justify his hasty, heavy-handed gutting of the WHaO buff. I didn’t encounter a single build based around it that was actually overpowered. All of the theorycrafting resulted in builds that would get high quickness uptime, permanent protection…yet have no on-demand stunbreak, a heal that was almost always on cd when needed, massive pet downtime (i.e. the pet was unable to attack much of the time; also, downing the pet, when it happened, would destroy the build’s functionality completely), and pathetically anemic (if any) condition removal. And, for all the quickness and might, mediocre damage as well. Gimmicky it may have been, and perhaps not the right direction for the profession to go in, but it wasn’t unarguably overpowered and it certainly didn’t even distantly approach being unbeatable. Bottom line: if PU and d/d cele ele weren’t worthy of a hotfix, this certainly wasn’t.

Thank you Gaile, But...

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Guy,s Ranger doesn’t ship units. Rev does. That’s why he doesn’t come here.

Who I am a little surprised not to hear anything from is Irenio. Specifically said on the TwitchCon stream he’d be very active in the forums seeing how to fix Ranger. If we are going with ‘busy with Druid’ excuse, then he will always be busy with Druid. Once HoT launches, it’s not like there will be time to go back and look at Ranger.

Thank you Gaile, But...

in Ranger

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Yeah, I gotta say, when the only person that is willing to speak to us is the forum moderator, then the future of this class is bleak for sure. Kudos to Gaile, she’s really been awesome, but we need more from Anet here. If they are really “reading” the forums, then why don’t they show up and confirm it themselves. Just “reading” the forums is worthless unless they actually start implementing some of the hundreds upon hundreds of suggestions rangers have given Anet over the years.

I definitely expect some big time nerfs incoming for druid once people realize how unkillable it is going to be with settler or celestial amulets. I’m sure the dev’s won’t even discuss those nerfs with us either, and just slap us again with the nerf bat.

Thank you Gaile, But...

in Ranger

Posted by: Jasper Defthand.3018

Jasper Defthand.3018

The really ironic part of this all is that some people come through this forum and think all this is just whining from subpar players. Yet for anyone who has actually be keeping an eye on the forum for any length of time over the past years and been tracking on how the ranger has been treated, then they understand all this “whining” has a rather significant amount of truth to it. The devs really do not read through this forum much at all. OR they realize that the task of redoing ranger to make all its uniqueness up to par would require fundementally rewriting a bunch of mechanics in the game in order to make it as viable as the other classes. In the end this line of thought means that the devs are really just lazy and dont give a kitten and would rather just pull something like revenant out of their kitten than put some real work into the game and do right by their long time customers.

I’ll even admit that I was advocating for the changes coming to ranger. Until they came and it ended up being little more than a few number tweaks and bug fixes that should have happened years ago. Not the sort of significant fixes I along with many of your were looking for.
Such as:
-Significant AI overhaul for our pets or at least something significant to compensate for their stupidity.
-Sword #1 overhaul.
-Spirits.

(edited by Jasper Defthand.3018)

Thank you Gaile, But...

in Ranger

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

That is not true. For me at least druid was the deciding factor. I bought HoT after the druid stream on twitchcon. I am sure I am not the only one who did this either.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

Thank you Gaile, But...

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

That is not true. For me at least druid was the deciding factor. I bought HoT after the druid stream on twitchcon. I am sure I am not the only one who did this either.

I was seriously considering to buy HoT after review from the BWE, but after WHaO fiasco, I forsee Druids getting gutted of everything outside of their healing ability. And that too will probably be toned down or other classes(ele/guard/rev) buffed up, "to make sure healers(Druids), are not mandatory in HoT/Raid content.

And because of the impending storm, I’m once again gonna sit this out. Or maybe buy it for my other classes. Still not sure.

Thank you Gaile, But...

in Ranger

Posted by: Jasper Defthand.3018

Jasper Defthand.3018

I know a few people who are still refusing to buy the expansion because in there eyes anet has still not put anything out there that is worth paying an amount equal to a whole new game. Which i can understand. At this point of what we know of HoT many of the inequalities in professions like we are talking about now are still not being addressed or being addressed in a very lackluster, lazy, or ineffective ways. Limited amount of content from what we have been told and have seen (like 4 or so zone maps) at this point for the same amount that the core game cost which provide how many zones? 20 or so? Even if you make the argument of there being the mulitple levels(biomes) that would make them equal to maybe 12 at best if each of the 3 levels was packed with a normal maps worth of content. That means like half the content of the core game but for the same price. With this I can see why some people want to sit this out.

This might seem harsh or bigoted or whatever, but for 3 years anet’s paying customers have been directly telling them what they want and they don’t listen for whatever reason. In a way I see it as they deserve a good amount of the hate they receive on these forums because they don’t deliver to their already invested customers. They only pander to the possible new audiences they may be getting soon. You could see most recently on their twitch feed during twitchcon. Colin Johanson sat their and basically delivered the same verbatim speeches hes been spouting for the past 3 years, just selling this game the same way over and over. Its no even that good of an advertising mechanism. Maybe if their target audience in under 15 years old? Maybe if they started pandering to us, the vets, the community would become a healthier place. A healthy community would probably be a whole lot more inviting to new players which means anet would make more money, why dont they try that strategy. Eh whatever, I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Thank you Gaile, But...

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Why do you people need a babysitter? It’s so embarrassing. I just saw the same type of thread on the engineer page. Sadly, it actually got a response when it shouldn’t have. Let them read and work without having to worry about making you babies feel better.

EDIT:

Ya’ll childish.

We don’t need a baby sitter, we just want confirmation that our discussions are being heard. We really have had no interaction for years with any devs, so how would we know if anything was being done about particular grievances?

Thank you Gaile, But...

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Yep i agree Gaile is doing a great job although would appreciate some info straight from Irenio about what he thinks and what he would like to do.

Not like it would mean that it will be done but at least what is he position in this matter.

About the nerf in WHaO actually i don’t mind. The reality it that it was pretty easy to have an 100% uptime of every boon being the first time i could reach 20 stacks of might by myself. Not that really matter because our DPS is subpar, so with the might we got up to the baseline of the other professions,

I would prefer the other areas within the ranger to become in line of the other classes in game so we wouldn’t be forced in one skill/trait line (wilderness survival anyone?)

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!