Thank you IRENIO for Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

Thank you,

You and your team have done a fantastic job, theme wise and more, on the DRUID. Finally roles are coming into Guild Wars 2 after 3 years of boring DPS ZERKER META.
Despite all the salty and negative comments around the forms and in game. I want to say thank you, for the DRUID truly speaks to me on a personal level.

I cannot wait to finally enjoy dungeons, raids, and more. I stayed clear from dungeons and fractals because I was bored of the whole STACK and DPS META. Thank you and all of ANET for realizing that issue and creating the ELITE SPECS, to bring back ANET’S vision of a soft TRINITY.

-Purecura

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

in Ranger

Posted by: Maximum Potato.5923

Maximum Potato.5923

It’s going to be interesting, to say the least. Right now, people are uspet because there is no place for a healer in standard GW2 play. However, it seems like HoT is going to feature much more challenging content (I was dying frequently in the BWE’s to even just some of the larger groups of overworld mobs, so I shudder to think what raids will be like). It’s there that the Druid will really sink or swim, not in vanilla PvE.

One concern I have though is about the transferability of our equipment. With the zerker meta, I’ve went all-in on ascended zerker gear with expensive runes, sigils, and infusions. I would be rather upset if I had to build an entirely new armor set and buy hundereds of gold’s worth of new infusions for HoT.

Who’s a good boy? Not you, since you aggro’d the BLOODY CHAMP-

in Ranger

Posted by: Sandzibar.5134

Sandzibar.5134

I really appreiciate his efforts, and how he’s stated he felt frustrated that he couldnt communicate with us due to NDA/work in progress etc.

I look forward to a serious increase in Ranger/Druid issue discussions with our Ranger Dev once they get back from Twitch con.

Thanks Irenio

(edited by Sandzibar.5134)

in Ranger

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

yup thanks Irenio you did very good job on druid (engies are jealous I guess ) really I can see druid in meta spvp in team fights being the main support

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

Don’t forget that some traits will give awesome synergy for sPvP trapper ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

People happy about Druid being a braindead heal spam mode remind me of the people soon after the game launched who rushed to 80 then started complaining there was no gear grind. They completly missed the point of the game and after Anet scrambled to rush out ascended gear and fractals messing up gearing at level 80 and going back on one of their promises these people still left anyway.

Pushing healers into this game is lazy and is going to damage the PvE.

in Ranger

Posted by: arnitheking.8427

arnitheking.8427

Druid is far from a braindead heal spam just go to one of the theorycrafting topics?
also even if you play as a healer it is still far from being braindead. Accuse me of being a hugboxer but what you are doing is just useless venting… I kind of agree about the general idea of pushing healers though. We’ll see how they deal with that

have a nice day

in Ranger

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

People happy about Druid being a braindead heal spam mode

that point alone proves you was not paying enought attention to what was told/showed on the stream :P

ok now tell me that all those positioning required to most of heals that would be ever remotely considered spammable is “braindead”

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Ranger

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Thank you,

You and your team have done a fantastic job, theme wise and more, on the DRUID. Finally roles are coming into Guild Wars 2 after 3 years of boring DPS ZERKER META.
Despite all the salty and negative comments around the forms and in game. I want to say thank you, for the DRUID truly speaks to me on a personal level.

I cannot wait to finally enjoy dungeons, raids, and more. I stayed clear from dungeons and fractals because I was bored of the whole STACK and DPS META. Thank you and all of ANET for realizing that issue and creating the ELITE SPECS, to bring back ANET’S vision of a soft TRINITY.

-Purecura

Stopping in to say thank you also, this reveal was great.

I don’t see current dungeons and fotm changing from the dps meta, but I look forward to playing the active healer role in everything else and what’s to come.

JQ Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

I can’t agree more with op.

I really hope to see the zerk meta go. If it stays, druid will be more or less useless.
If it goes, Druid will be great.

I can’t wait to see people & classes have ‘roles’ in PvE. Something that actually requires teamwork.

I was never really interested in Ranger, or Druid. Neither do i enjoy playing "healers’ in other mmo’s. But Druid looks like a lot of fun and far from braindead.

in Ranger

Posted by: MeanCoffeeBean.2073

MeanCoffeeBean.2073

Druid is what made me roll a ranger for the first time in the over three years I have been playing. As a former raid healer in WoW and monk in GW, I have long wanted a true role for healing in this game. Playing a water ele in zergbusting is not the same. I was debating a Ventari/Glint Rev in HoT, but not entirely convinced the numbers would be there. After watching the video of the druid I couldn’t wait to get home and make a ranger.

So, this old healbot is really appreciative for the druid, and my brand new ranger will be one of the first in line to sign up for dedicated healing support. Now to see what I will be able to do in WvW to keep my people alive!

Fluttershy – Mesmer
Clarishy – Ranger
Tinkershy – Engineer

in Ranger

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

+1 to Op. Really appreciate the changes Ranger is getting.

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

Honestly, while I would say the idea of what the druid does is really neat, it doesn’t fit the game and nothing they’ve shown has convinced me that it will have a place. Irenio so far really has shown he doesn’t understand Ranger that well. I hope druid has a place in HoT but from what everything i’ve seen its just another wasted thing ranger has.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

in Ranger

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

It does look good and I appreciate the work, too.

It doesn’t look like what I think of as Ranger, exactly, but it does look good (so far) in its own right.

I also like the new pets.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

Druid looks really great. Irenio has created a solid, cohesive, and to all appearances functional elite spec. The Druid provides utility the ranger lacked, while growing our strengths as well. Furthermore I appreciate how unique the mechanics of the profession are. In other words most of what were doing exists outside of boon mechanics.

Above all else though, I really think that Irenio shows himself to be intelligently assessing the class needs and abilities, as well as being passionate about and engaged with the work he’s doing.

A willingness to pop on to the forums and talk a little bit doesn’t hurt either.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

The druid can play so well into both damage and support builds. It amazes me how people fail to realize this and just whine that their favorite build has not been buffed… LOL

As for me, I love the druid!! I just hope the pet is not worthless in raid content