Thank you Irenio!!!

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

For all your hard work and communication!!! Fixing sword soon? You have become the brightest star in our gloomy celestial sky and show us that Ranger wishes really do come true!!! Maybe sword secondary someday? You are living proof that all is not vine err vain!!! Dual sword wielding offensive Celestial Avatar form that shoots energy beams at moderate range in the near future? You’re the best!!! Celestial shark and unicorn pets in the works? Thank you again!!!

Join me fellow Rangers and let’s buy some gems in honor of Irenio!!!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Can we stop putting Irenio in thread titles? Nobody on the engi forum does this. It is ridiculous.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

The man’s bringing some love to the class and they want to praise him as much as Necros praise Robert Gee. Let ‘em do it. Heck, he’s even buying gems in his honor. That’s a plus in Anet’s (money)book.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Sorry but, what exactly has been done? HaO ‘buff’? The druid spec is new so we can’t say it is fixing any core issues.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

Just showing some appreciation and being positive here. Meant to be light hearted guys and gals. I’ve been skeptical too, but let’s not forget we have a ray of hope now. Go buy some gems and keep hope in your heart!

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Feel free to look at the changes and additions from the past 3 months or so since he actually became a dev for the class, let alone one that plays it. But if all you can remember is the HaO buff that got nerfed by Roy, well, can’t really blame ya for that.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Gotejjeken.1267

I’m all for support, but also like to be realistic about things. In the past three months the only notable changes are the radius increase for some of the OH weapons, pet condition damage as a stat, and HaO. The rest of the changes were bug fixes.

I guess I’m skeptical until something happens to shift focus away from LB + GS.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

They did slightly buff Natures vengeance boon application and they have changed the Storm spirit effect to vulnerability.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: TheydonBois.9208

TheydonBois.9208

I’m all for support, but also like to be realistic about things. In the past three months the only notable changes are the radius increase for some of the OH weapons, pet condition damage as a stat, and HaO. The rest of the changes were bug fixes.

I guess I’m skeptical until something happens to shift focus away from LB + GS.

Dont forget Call of the Wild on Pet Swap – thats one of ‘his’ as well isnt it?

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Look at all the amazing changes we got with 23/6 patch, its not that long ago. I haven’t even played with the new trait system yet, but it seems to me like we’ve had all this great stuff all along, then I think, its only existed for a bit over 3 months, I can hardly imagine going without the new traits when making builds.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Whats to fix about sword honestly? Its perfectly fine as it is

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

A majority of players would disagree with you. Myself, I think it is fine except for the fact that skills #2, #3 and dodging do not break the AA chain without spamming them. Which is a major issue. Other than that, I love it.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

I love in AA, that you can use 3th chain skill 2 time to disengage, and same way i totally hate that 2nd AA chain can ROOT you for 2 hits.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: TheydonBois.9208

TheydonBois.9208

A majority of players would disagree with you. Myself, I think it is fine except for the fact that skills #2, #3 and dodging do not break the AA chain without spamming them. Which is a major issue. Other than that, I love it.

Exactly This. I loved the Sword/Axe – but swapped back to Greatsword as being locked into the leaps is not fun when trying to dodge AoE or attacks. You should not have to fight your own attack chain to dodge or evade.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

The V.8759

Try to turn off auto attack and keep controll over your finger sword fixed

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Yeah, we are not idiots, this has been discussed as a method of controlling the sword on the forums for years. It doesn’t stop the fact that you still can get locked into the animation at a critical moment when you need to dodge.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

The V.8759

Yeah, we are not idiots, this has been discussed as a method of controlling the sword on the forums for years. It doesn’t stop the fact that you still can get locked into the animation at a critical moment when you need to dodge.

As far as my knowledge goes this is caused by skill queing m when you click to use your 2nd ability in the sword AA chain but click twice very rapidly, it will see that 2nd click as the click for 3rd attack. Most other AA’s dont have this. Thats what I was pointing at. I have to means to insult or anything and sorry if it seemed like that.:)

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Scrimschaw.5784

Scrimschaw.5784

You will still get locked in the attack animation while using this method, which I already use (and let me tell you, it kills my hands!). It just allows you to break the chain between attacks easier in order to dodge/use skills.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

It’s not perfectly fine. It’s very uncomfortable to be used.
As well as Axe #1.

You have to disable it if you want to play the way you like. If you don’t the mechanics allow you to do your thing only like 40% of the time.
If you unbind and keep spamming it, it gets much better. But if you don’t you are stack with animation and after-cast delays. Which is disastrous and costs you life more often than not.

Also, I already broke the key on #1 from this. It is badly designed. One can find a way to go around it but it’s just not well.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Too bad doing that destroyed my 1 key. Sword fixed but keyboard breaks. No thanks.

Anet needs to just fix the skill itself instead of forcing players to work around their sloppy programming.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

Those Revenant sword attacks are pretty cool y’all… Just saying

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

The ranger sword reminds me of this…

http://youtu.be/EQ3Xux-D3Lg

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: AgitatedFox.5287

AgitatedFox.5287

hahahahahaha yep +1 I totally see it XD

I feel that I personally would be happy with it if they just removed the leap >_>

also yes, thanks Irenio + dev team for the druid. Few more tweaks and you have yourself a sweet spec.

Ranger Danger!

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

hahahahahaha yep +1 I totally see it XD

I feel that I personally would be happy with it if they just removed the leap >_>

also yes, thanks Irenio + dev team for the druid. Few more tweaks and you have yourself a sweet spec.

I really love the leap, although, I think the AA order should be the opposite of what it is now. I wouldn’t want the leap removed.

They need to add in some code on use of #2,3 skills and dodging that will cancel the animation. It can’t be that hard, surely.

Either that, or if the animation cannot be broken, just give us the evade frames and let us keep attacking. They have shown they can do tricksy stuff with evades and dodge with Daredevil and its a decent way to fix sword.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Gotejjeken.1267

Look at all the amazing changes we got with 23/6 patch, its not that long ago. I haven’t even played with the new trait system yet, but it seems to me like we’ve had all this great stuff all along, then I think, its only existed for a bit over 3 months, I can hardly imagine going without the new traits when making builds.

Not to sound too cynical, but you mean the patch that put all of our condition clears in one line? Or the one that did fun stuff like put GS traits in the BM line? Or removed pet stats which we didn’t get back for like a month? Or made healing spring a trap / ruined stealth trapper with arming time?

For all the good there is a lot of bad. It’s been nearly 4 months since that patch and still no ranger’s wanted in any content.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

We will get there with Irenio on our side! Stay positive folks!

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Not to sound too cynical, but you mean the patch that put all of our condition clears in one line? Or the one that did fun stuff like put GS traits in the BM line? Or removed pet stats which we didn’t get back for like a month? Or made healing spring a trap / ruined stealth trapper with arming time?

For all the good there is a lot of bad. It’s been nearly 4 months since that patch and still no ranger’s wanted in any content.

You must realise now that WK and EB were put into the same line so that you couldn’t combine them with Druid for near immunity.

• Oakheart Salve, EB, Evasive Purity, WK, Druidic Clarity, Natural Stride, Grace of the Land, Hoelbrak runes, now that would be absurd and pretty much hard counter any condition build.

GS trait in BM is a good spot imo. Those other things are bugs that have not been fixed, not a design problem but a bug fixing one. Except for traps, that is terrible change, as it spirits. Overall though I’d say we are far better off, albeit with less playstyles possible.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

Irenio is here for druid only really, don’t count on him caring/fixing core ranger.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Irenio is here for druid only really, don’t count on him caring/fixing core ranger.

he was behind a lot of the trait revamps for June 23 patch.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Kitty.1502

Every class had to get their traits revamp, it wasn’t like it was something unique for ranger nor did it really fix ranger.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

Every class had to get their traits revamp, it wasn’t like it was something unique for ranger nor did it really fix ranger.

Irenio was behind the trait revamps for the ranger and they were excellent, albeit not perfect. you said he doesn’t care about core ranger, so I’m simply just destroying that argument. youre just hitting your head against a wall, and you’ll complain regardless. it’s basically all you do on the forums. haven’t seen one constructive post from you.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Kitty.1502

Irenio was behind the trait revamps for the ranger and they were excellent, albeit not perfect. you said he doesn’t care about core ranger, so I’m simply just destroying that argument. youre just hitting your head against a wall, and you’ll complain regardless. it’s basically all you do on the forums. haven’t seen one constructive post from you.

I have made plenty of constructive posts, you must not be reading. It doesn’t destroy the argument when it is something forced that they had to do for every class. Where are all the changes for each balance patch to the fundamentally broken ranger mechanics? No where to be found.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]

(edited by Kitty.1502)

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

#believeinIrenio

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Kitty.1502

#believeinIrenio

I really wish I could, just history proves it isn’t wise.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

#believeinIrenio

I really wish I could, just history proves it isn’t wise.

Hooray for positivity!

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I am so excited to see a preview for the balance changes. Come on Irenio, toss us a bone!

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

Sarcasm? When are we getting unicorns and who said?

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

It could happened, you never know…

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

I will praise him if he will change something positive for the ranger.Just wirds won’t help me.

Starting with the druid fixes, the pet ai/attacking problems and the balance of shortbow, shouts, spirits. If he fix one of these things, I will praise his name :p

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Remember that dev that used to be here and said that omg he loved ranger so much and played open world pve with it and the sword was awesome that’s why we still have to deal with the horror of auto root and leap?

Irenio is better than that guy I guess.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Well Irenio Irenio, but to me i think there is a lot more capable people to shape ranger a lot better, i’m looking at you Karl Mclain, this dude knows what’s up!

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

So excited for the 23rd!

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

Well Irenio Irenio, but to me i think there is a lot more capable people to shape ranger a lot better, i’m looking at you Karl Mclain, this dude knows what’s up!

lol what? first of all, that’s a pretty rude thing to say. secondly, check your facts.

Thank you Irenio!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: StrangeBrew.9025

StrangeBrew.9025

Hello all,

Can anyone site the source for any changes to the ranger sword? I’ve checked dev posts for the last 10 days and didn’t see any mention of this. I’ve been forcing my muscle memory to learn new keybinds so I could turn off sword AA and still dodge/move while spamming my 1 attack.

I’ll admit fixing the animation lock would be nice.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Strangebrew