Thank you so much for killing Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

In WvW roaming rangers to great . In WvW zergs you bring a lot of crowd controll to the fight

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

“I play sb/gs berserker and the quickness nerf was pretty big but in time ill figure something else out.”

QZ nerf hurt my overall build and playstyle including dmg, saying it hurt longbow way more idk. But as a side note, other professions that relied on this for quick burst kills got hit as bad also. In time people are just going to have to adapt. No more quick take downs means fights drag out longer which makes condition based builds that much better, but we will see.

You’re probably right about that, my plan is to move to a sb/trapper condition build. Certainly doesn’t do much for build diversity though.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

“I play sb/gs berserker and the quickness nerf was pretty big but in time ill figure something else out.”

QZ nerf hurt my overall build and playstyle including dmg, saying it hurt longbow way more idk. But as a side note, other professions that relied on this for quick burst kills got hit as bad also. In time people are just going to have to adapt. No more quick take downs means fights drag out longer which makes condition based builds that much better, but we will see.

You’re probably right about that, my plan is to move to a sb/trapper condition build. Certainly doesn’t do much for build diversity though.

I play sword/axe and SB/GS. I was built for quickness, Superior Sigil of Rage on offhand axe, 2 from pet swap and 4th from QZ so yeah, my build took a dent. Even with the dent, I do fine though. I dont kill quick as fast but still efficient, I just have to change my trinkets a bit (after redoing them after Feb’s patch).

in Ranger

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

@ Arenanet

Fix the longbow.
Fix the Pet AI
Make the option to let the PET do DPS when you use beastmastery
If you dont Use Beast Mastery then let the Ranger do his full DPS.
Dont NERF Ranger every time its already broken.

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

in Ranger

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Essentially, quickness is a good buff for base damage, and an amazing buff for spike damage (hence why warriors are going nuts over this). Most rangers aren’t about spike, so they don’t feel that much pain beyond the useful 2 second pet swap buff for stomping, ressing, etc.

I used this on a berserker-based beastmaster for lots of mini spikes. However, they hit quickness and pet skill recharge at the same time, so I no longer have this option.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

I play sword/axe and SB/GS. I was built for quickness, Superior Sigil of Rage on offhand axe, 2 from pet swap and 4th from QZ so yeah, my build took a dent. Even with the dent, I do fine though. I dont kill quick as fast but still efficient, I just have to change my trinkets a bit (after redoing them after Feb’s patch).

I adapted my build from a 30/25/10/0/5 (with wilderness knowledge for QZ cooldown reduction) to a 30/30/5/0/5 (with Moment of Clarity), and I have to say I’m rocking with my GS in PvE. My biggest hit so far was a 9.5k crit off maul in Orr last night, and I’m pretty sure I could top 10k. The problem is that this won’t work in WvW, you can’t go toe-to-toe with your greatsword as a glass cannon for more than 6 seconds.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

LMAO WHAT!?
Ranger happens to be one of the highest DPS profession in game.
It’s almost unfair.

My Ranger has good Support, Great Control, and fantastic DAMAGE…
If anything, Ranger needs to have it’s Damage Nerfed badly.

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

LMAO WHAT!?
Ranger happens to be one of the highest DPS profession in game.
It’s almost unfair.

My Ranger has good Support, Great Control, and fantastic DAMAGE…
If anything, Ranger needs to have it’s Damage Nerfed badly.

Whatever this guy is smoking, I want to try some of it.

When rangers can do this, then I might agree with you.

I would love to see a ranger solo GL in 11 minutes.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Posted by: Vaya.1354

Vaya.1354

they killed the quickness, not the Ranger, I just dropped it, still feeling awesome being a ranger, and on the other hand cats and GS got a buff, i use both yay.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

You are lucky that Rangers are choosing to continue playing this game by rolling another character class. Its far too much kindness as I would have left to a game that actually supports their playstyle.

Yeah I rolled one on first slot, launch day. Deleted it maybe six weeks ago, rolled a warrior for the slot and lvled to 80 (5/5). I like bow combat, but I don’t like having broken pets forced on me. Other classes can use bows, and seems like thief is more ranger like than rangers. My first 80 was an engi, my second a thief. After thief, I just found no real reason to keep lvling my ranger which had already been badly nerfed back then even.

(edited by Daywolf.2630)

in Ranger

Posted by: Convict.8526

Convict.8526

Cant do anything better? A 15 second cd on 3 traps that devestate an area with pets that crit 3k+?

lol considering the only pets that even crit for 3k is felines, and birds with the double hit. and even then its pretty rare to see a 3k crit. on top of that the vitality on those two pet species is laughable at best, they literally drop in seconds.

the trap, mind you that rangers have to spec 30 into a tree for the -20% on cd, is an l2 kitten ue.

traps are easy to avoid, not to mention being a trap ranger you have no stun breakers, and only 1 condition removal which you have to spec 30 into another tree.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chaos.4275

Chaos.4275

I’m done playing this game. I will check back on update days but that’s it. ESO beta is right around the corner.

if you get in to ESO beta?

in Ranger

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I’m done playing this game. I will check back on update days but that’s it. ESO beta is right around the corner.

if you get in to ESO beta?

me and a bunch of mates signed up, the odds are not looking good for getting in lol. maybe playin GW2 for a while yet, possibly by then they will have fixed the issues XD

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Ranger

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

The greatsword update was definitely an improvement and I hope to see similar patches for the ranger in the future. The survivability was there before at decent level, now it’s par, and to add to that the damage has been increased to an almost acceptable level (if pet damage functioned better I would say that GS builds would be right where it needs to be).

The big overshadowing problem is still the pet situation; they just aren’t as reliable as they should be. I’m not asking for them to be insanely awesome, but they need to provide a more reliable support (whether it be damage or otherwise) for the ranger.

I think the big issue with rangers are that they are somewhat unreliable at times, mostly attributed to the pet. I mean, a ranger has the potential to be good, but if the pet decides to kitten #8230;. well there goes a major part of the classes ability to deal damage and/or other functions. Other classes just have a bit more reliable mechanic in that they tend to have a bit more precise control over how the class mechanic is used (meanwhile our pets will often run back to us when called, but that doesn’t mean they move out of that deadly AOE completely; actually, they often will seemingly stand just barely within an attacks range after returning on purpose just to make the player rage…).