The 5 Most Powerful Pets In SPvP

in Ranger

Posted by: Tobran.6542

Tobran.6542

We missed out the wolf by accident but apart from this one is pretty accurate.

1 – Hyena
2 – Salamander Drake
3 – Carrion Devourer
4 – Jaguar
5 – Snow Leopard
(6 – Wolf)

Tobran Earnwood – Level 80 Human Ranger
Aurora Glade – [RDDT]
http://www.youtube.com/user/TobranEarnwood

(edited by Tobran.6542)

in Ranger

Posted by: nldixon.8514

nldixon.8514

I think a lot of pet choice is personal preference. The only flaw that I see with your list is that you have one ranged pet. Melee pets don’t do nearly as much damage because people are rarely standing still in sPvP.

In no particular order, my list of top five pets would be:

1. Black Widow
2. Krytan Drakehound
3. Wolf
4. Jungle Spider
5. Carrion Devourer

Honorable mention for eagle and hawk for the rapid fire ability Lacerating Slash.

in Ranger

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

The wolf has to be top of the list – Aoe fear & a leap. Black Widow is ok, and drakehound is decent too, but since it’s skill is targetable it’s not as effective vrs mesmers/thieves.

Edit – good list though nonetheless, and birds in general need a health buff before I could see them useful in spvp unfortunately (unless you spec for pets to get health back from crits).

in Ranger

Posted by: Tobran.6542

Tobran.6542

I agree with you on the fact that there aren’t enough ranged pets but I feel that the ranged pets don’t do enough damage and aren’t seen as such a big threat. But when you have something chasing you, thats a much bigger threat, which is why i put hyena at the top of the list. And yes, the Wolf should be higher but we totally forgot to include it in the video!

Tobran Earnwood – Level 80 Human Ranger
Aurora Glade – [RDDT]
http://www.youtube.com/user/TobranEarnwood

in Ranger

Posted by: Kyias.1845

Kyias.1845

Jungle Spider/Black Widow lay down a combo field which applies poison from projectiles, applies poison conditions regularly and has an immobilize attack.

Plus they have a RANGED F2 stun ability. When it comes to utility/DPS they are definitely a top notch pet. The fact people tend to ignore them is a huge bonus.

This pet is very popular in PvP for these reasons listed and should be on that list.

Kyias Lightsun
Myrmidons of Kryta (MOK)
Blackgate Server

in Ranger

Posted by: Arrys.7145

Arrys.7145

If your going for a climb on a perch longbow build snow leopard lynx. Both can be f2 leapt into combat they won’t run to, or run to effectively depending. Both make good advantage of power, both attack real fast maximizing haste. Have short CD’s on specials.

In a melee tanking build a cave spiders 2 stacks of fumble is underrated and it’s ranged. Because lets face it stuns of 2 seconds are randomly interupts at best. minus endurance regen + fumble on the next 2 default attacks helpful.

Juvenile river drake over salamander watch the lightning bolt bounce-power builds. It by itself takes the light and medium golems to around 25-30% and the heavy to 40% in a single 30 second cd up to 600 range. Thats usable even with a 2.5 second cast. Granted thats my full power pet build.

Arrys Shaikin
OoS
A whittling ranger becomes viable by forcing his opponent to whittle

in Ranger

Posted by: Calypso.9701

Calypso.9701

The most POWERFUL pet is definitely the River Drake followed by the Salamander and felines.

However the most USEFUL pet is the wolf hands down. So many times have I used the F2 skill when I am just about to get finished in PvP and has saved me countless times.

in Ranger

Posted by: White Devil.3176

White Devil.3176

@nldixon.8514

Certainly agree, 2 second stun and 3 second immobilize both on 20 second cooldown.

Really think spider is the most powerful, I find others are much less reliable in terms of making contact with the target while attempting to use their abilities, given the long cast time and often short ranges.

in Ranger

Posted by: Psychrome.9281

Psychrome.9281

As a melee ranger wolf and and krytan hound are amazing for there control abilities to stop kiters from getting away when swoop is on cd and the fear is amazing i love the immob from the hound and they both have knockdowns

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Burst: Jaguar – River Drake (by far the two best F2 skills when it comes to direct damage. Zephyr trait or skill is a must have here)
Critical: Owl – Snow Leopard (5 and 7 seconds chill effects gives the pets more options to hit, but you can also go with the Jaguar here. Pet’s Prowess trait will make the critical damage even better)
Condition: Lynx – Forest Spider (get Rending Attacks trait for the Lynx to give it three bleed skills)
Control: Wolf – Alpine Wolf (cripple, knockdown, and fear/chill)

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

(edited by Kasama.8941)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

I have a different preference.

1-Raven/white raven
2-Eagle
3-Jaguar
4-Wolf
5-Spider

I recently tried raven and ugh, its nasty, when I use signet of the wild and rao my raven hits glass cannon thieves for almost 9k with f2 with each use. I hit high toughness heavy armors for 4800, it hits twice and each hit tends to average 3k.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Aaaaah I do love running around with 3-4 hyenas and a rock dog… Stupid bunker builds you are no match for wrath of 3-4 randomly used knockdowns + a knockback!!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Calypso.9701

Calypso.9701

How are you summoning more than 1 additional Hyena at one time? Mines cancels the previous summon