The PVE Druid

The PVE Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Depending on how balance goes in the preview, I’m seeing a lot more ways to add to the team as a Druid for content (old and new), especially where bosses may spawn adds (with or without break bars). Just theory-crafting speculation. Feel free to add more if you see some!

Glyph of Equality (Utility)
2 second AOE Daze. Dropping Steady Focus for Moment of Clarity with Verdant Etching so Glyph cooldowns are reduced and cleanse conditions on allies is PBAOE Deep Freeze on a 32s cooldown. Not too shabby. As someone that also plays a Necro (and soon a Reaper), “Chilled to the Bone!” is looking jealous. But why even compare? Let’s chain them together!

Ancient Seeds (Trait)
With new AI having mobs shift around, stacking may become difficult, so with good pulls from Guardian GS or Mesmer Temporal Curtains, using the above Glyph of Equality daze with Ancient Seeds can keep things rooted to burst down.

Can be further enhanced chaining it with Entangled and/or Vine Surge. Can also be a plus to drop Entangled for another elite just because it’s a trait. To go even further, we will be able to pop in Celestial Form, use Glyph of Tides for an AOE Pull instead of a knockback to chain our own Daze. Might be very useful if we are given scenarios to take advantage of it.

Glyph of Empowerment (Utility)
It’s 10% more damage for 5s. Duration is short, but for burst zerker teams, this Glyph with Frost Spirit let’s the Druid bring 17.5% damage boost for the group. With a PS Warrior and Ele Fury uptime, we’ll have a better place when used in coordinated bursts.

A Different Way to Handle Projectiles
Sublime Conversion on Staff is unique. Instead of Projectile reflect or destruction, it converts missiles into bolts that heal yourself and allies. With Quickdraw, we’ll only have a 2s downtime between casting it. With Whirling Defense (assuming S/A setup), there’s 2 ways to deal with projectiles, and depending on how the fight goes, we can adept on the fly with a weapon swap.

Breaking the Break Bar
Druids will be gaining a large sum of dazes, even little things such as Primal Echoes to get an AOE daze swapping to staff adds a bit to getting those break bar enemies stunned. Seriously, we will have SO MUCH DAZE.

New Pets
I posted this in another thread, and the best part, it’s not exclusive to the Druid. Rangers & Druids alike will be getting access to a Smokefield via Smokescale pet, a Lightning Field via Electric Wyvern, and yet another Fire Field (AOE mind you) via the Flame Wyvern. For Sinister Rangers, the Flame Wyvern will definitely be slotted seeing how pets are getting some BASE CONDITION DAMAGE added to them!

Electric Drakes have an on-demand charge + Lightning Field afterwards, good for setting up bursts or just breaking down break bars. The “knock up” is similar to Spike Trap, but with a 30s cooldown instead of 45 second Spike Trap, and it’s gets shorter when taking Beastmastery.

Need pets that won’t die to AOE, than use the F2 from the Smokescales or Flame Wyvern so they have complete immunity. Sadly, those 2 pets seem to overshadow most of the other pets, let alone pet families in PVE, but we’ll have more options.

Cheers!

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

The PVE Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Since we are talking pve druid…so since they keep saying that druids might be necessary as heal support in pve raids what set ups are you guys planning? Would going clerics be good or cele? I’m sitting on a bunch of mats for ascended gear and am wondering what to go for as a second set. Not that I’m going to craft it until HoT comes out, but it’s nice to hear ideas.

The PVE Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

I still don’t think Druids will be used in PvE instances much.

The PVE Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Well Anet keeps saying they will be. Maybe it’s true, maybe it’s not. But let’s go on the assumption that it is true.

The PVE Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

PVE Raids available for the next Beta!

Let’s wait until then to see what would be good for Druid setups!

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

The PVE Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

Since we are talking pve druid…so since they keep saying that druids might be necessary as heal support in pve raids what set ups are you guys planning? Would going clerics be good or cele? I’m sitting on a bunch of mats for ascended gear and am wondering what to go for as a second set. Not that I’m going to craft it until HoT comes out, but it’s nice to hear ideas.

Was thinking maybe a set of zealots for Raiding, so you still maintain the power and precison but lose out on ferocity and interchange it for healing power, not sure though.

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

The PVE Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I still don’t think Druids will be used in PvE instances much.

Yeah min maxing and synergies between classes are going to keep them out unless they get big buffs in damage or some other type of support.

The PVE Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Druid will be used if anything people will prefer druid specs since it will be the only true healer in the game.

The PVE Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Laurence.6751

Laurence.6751

Obviously the “zerg meta” build for Ranger will not include Druid trait line; however since the designer mentioned that “zerg meta” itself will be gone in HoT, I am looking forward to see what can Druid bring to the table.

Nature Magic line is still quite weak as part of a support role though.

The PVE Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Obviously the “zerg meta” build for Ranger will not include Druid trait line; however since the designer mentioned that “zerg meta” itself will be gone in HoT, I am looking forward to see what can Druid bring to the table.

Nature Magic line is still quite weak as part of a support role though.

Zerk meta will still be a thing. And if it isn’t (i.e. bosses require vit/toughness stacking) then players will just move to the next best offensive set (valkyrie/cavalier).

I personally can’t stand being a healbot, and if raids devolve into “druid or kick” I’ll just go ahead and eat that shoe.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690