The Warrior Ranger. Power build PVP

in Ranger

Posted by: daoz.6153

daoz.6153

A power build inspired by the warrior. Basically its a regen ranger, but not entirely focused on surviving and tanking, it has good damage, can burst, condi remove, a lot of boons.

Zelda:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRnEqQvg2wCWsAXLG4QoaXCnwIwKAcPEvbNfxPp9A-TpBFwACuAAI3fIyhAo9RAoaZAAPAAA

What you get:
-near 200hp/s regen from SoTW and regen boon. Like old warrior heal signet, but you still have troll unguent for high regen
-high toughness from SoS and going into Wilderness Survival and protection boon vs power damage enemy (to match warrior high toughness)
-3 condi remove per 10 sec from empathic bond (our cleansing ire), plus another 2 from sigil if you stay in GS. Switch to Evasive Purity for more condi clear
-reliable pet. -high protection and regen(260hp/s for pet) uptime from guard shout. extra crit dmg trait. using lynx for dps and lightning drake for burst
-25-30% extra damage (above 90% health, with boons, extra 5% if using two-handed training) -this and pet makes up for not going into power/prec trait lines
-2 AoE skill. Barrage and drake F2
-auto stunbreak(shared anguish), 20+ secs of stability
-team swiftness and regen. i think this will have potential for team pvp. cover speed and sustain for team so they dont have to build for it.

Weakness:
-no utility stunbreak (1 auto stunbreak with high cooldown). low stability uptime
-boon dependency

Playing tips:
-stall to regen. use stealth from LB and evade/block from GS.
-spam guard for swiftness. press f3 after guard to get pet to move with you.
-if defending a point, put pet to guard possible entry points. this may startle the enemy if they came by while the pet is stealthed
-start with lynx and LB, if enemy ignore lynx and focus on you(melee), switch to GS and drake, use drake F2 for chain burst damage. careful as enemy can simply walk behind the drake and the move will be interrupted. if teamfight, you can start with drake F2 on unaware players and barrage. alternatively, save it for when you are downed and while enemy is stomping. Works well against squishies and might even down them

Happy hunting!

in Ranger

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Thanks for sharing daoz.
I’m a little puzzled with your choice of runes and sigils though;

In PvP your health will never be above 90% while you’re engaged in combat. (why Runes of Scholar?)

3 of your sigils rely on critical hits, but your hit chance is only at 39%…

in Ranger

Posted by: daoz.6153

daoz.6153

Early stage of a fight I usually stay at range first in LB and let my pet harass.. that helps keeps me at high health.. if they decide to fight the pet, I get free shots at them.. or if you weren’t focused in a team fight you keep the bonus damage. You could change it for strength runes or pack runes I guess. Pack runes will solve the low crit.

I’m comfortable enough with the crit rate. You could use RaO for fury. Alternate setup I would use accuracy and fire sigil for LB with pack runes.