The best possible Druid features?

in Ranger

Posted by: Hermos.2389

Hermos.2389

Let’s talk about HOPE, people!

What are we all wishing for from the Druid, ideally to get us back in the metagame?

Wouldn’t it be awesome if we had a trait that reduced party damage from greenery, or increased damage towards greenery?

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

IMHO if Druids Regeneration will stack like Bleed, these will be really awesome.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lethal Njection.8741

Lethal Njection.8741

Yeah I was a bit confused as to why conditions now stack but regen doesn’t. Without healing power it become almost negligible anyway.

I save Ascalon against another Charr invasion, and my father trifles with doors!

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The best possible outcome is they give the current Ranger toolbox some limited access to Resistance.

Honestly, it begins and ends there. The problems that plague Rangers – a portion of expected performance being handed off to AI entities that haven’t kept up with stat-inflation from Ascended gear, and ranged damage being deliberately downscaled to force melee-style play are not going to change or be changed by the Druid.

I hope Druid will be fun, but don’t for a minute think it’s going to be radically different.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

features as in mechanics or as in animations?
i’d like to see shapeshifting
mechanicwise yeah i think group regeneration / renewal would be nice or group fury…both would fit well
and if shapeshifting i like to see attacks that benefit the group and lots of synergies between the pet and the druid while in beast form
and i want griffons, moose and others as pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Lome.8239

Lome.8239

Well PvE we’re fine.

PvP-wise the current conquest issue is that Ranger trades group support for self-support. So more group support is all that the Druid tree needs to bring to the table.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Given that druids in GW lore are all about nature & purifying things so they return to nature I’m betting druids get some form of consecration skill.

This could be quite beneficial if done right. Lets just hope that they don’t end up like guardian consecrations were 2/4 of them are never used due to absurdly long CD’s and lack of usefulness vs other things.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Yet another druid SPECulation thread.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Yeah I was a bit confused as to why conditions now stack but regen doesn’t. Without healing power it become almost negligible anyway.

Regeneration that stacked would be pretty absurd tbh, it would heal for insane amounts. A Cleric Ranger that focused on it would essentially become invincible.

Druid could get a trait that increased healing power while affected by regen, like Energy Amplifier on Engi, and also increase regen’s effectiveness by a set % which would be good. I’d probably use that at times.

The best possible outcome is they give the current Ranger toolbox some limited access to Resistance…

I’m really hoping for this tbh. A decent amount of resistance. Perhaps even give it synergy with our Regen amounts, apply Resistance whenever you apply Regen, similar to Cleansing Water on Ele. It really fits thematically (imo) and would explain why EB and WK were put into the same tier. As with all three GMs like that, you would be immune to conditions almost completely. Wishful thinking maybe.

Given that druids in GW lore are all about nature & purifying things so they return to nature I’m betting druids get some form of consecration skill.

This could be quite beneficial if done right. Lets just hope that they don’t end up like guardian consecrations were 2/4 of them are never used due to absurdly long CD’s and lack of usefulness vs other things.

Unless they have re-designed the Druid since the datamine a couple of patches ago (impossible) then we are getting glyphs. It is known.

As well as that, all the Guard Consecrations are very good skills that are all used frequently as they all perform a specific task and fulfil a role. The CDs are long because they are very powerful skills, its not absurd.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

If druid is going to be revolutionary for ranger, it has to get kit as transform, which you get 5 different weapon skills per utility click, and can swap it on will.

The CD may not necessary has to be 1 sec short, but it better be low..

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

If druid is going to be revolutionary for ranger, it has to get kit as transform, which you get 5 different weapon skills per utility click, and can swap it on will.

Aspects may do that. And transforms would be terrible tbh.

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Aspects may do that. And transforms would be terrible tbh.

Whatever it called, my version of transform functions exactly like kits.

Assuming we get maybe a total of 8 type of transforms (including heal and elite skill), each of them occupy one utility slot, each of them give you access to 5 weapon skills.
(A total of 40 new skills)

How could that possibly be bad?

I doubt Anet will give us that much though. They most likely will give us useless transform from F5, with a CD of 120…

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I’m just hoping there are no transformations at all, they are tacky. They don’t want players to be transformed for long periods of time because it makes skins redundant and skins = money.

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

I’m just hoping there are no transformations at all, they are tacky. They don’t want players to be transformed for long periods of time because it makes skins redundant and skins = money.

Talking about kits hiding weapons for how long?

Why do they suddenly care about not able to see armors?

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Talking about kits hiding weapons for how long?

Why do they suddenly care about not able to see armors?

You are talking about transformations, which changes the players entire model, not just weapons. If you mean weapon kits, then that is a totally different kettle of fish.

If they give a class cool transformations that change their model into something else, the player will have zero incentive to buy skins for that class. ANet like money.

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

No matter what Druid brings, Anet must first address the Base ranger problems (pets, sub par traits and utilities) Otherwise it would be useless no matter how cool the Druid is..

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Let’s talk about HOPE, people!

What are we all wishing for from the Druid, ideally to get us back in the metagame?

Wouldn’t it be awesome if we had a trait that reduced party damage from greenery, or increased damage towards greenery?

I want major healing output. Rev/Tempest level or higher. I like healing in PvP.

Also want Forms. Simple as that. Forms we change into which change skills.

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

• New cool looking pets – preferably new animal types, with attackas that u as a beastmaster can count on.
  • Better working Pet AI.
  • A properly working condicleanse that cleanses conditions -when the player wants it to!
Kima & Co