The hype.

The hype.

in Ranger

Posted by: Leinhart.2981

Leinhart.2981

It’s only me or everyone is rolling a ranger? I don’t understand the hype concerning the druid. I mean I’m really happy about this specialization, mostly because I love to play heal, but generally people don’t.

I know the role is “new” on GW2, the dedicated heal I mean, but I still think this hype is curious. The necro, the war or the mesmer for example will propably have a HUGE DPS, which is the most prefered role usually!

In your opinion, will the hype around the druid continue or people will just turn back to play DPS?

(Because it’s stupid to main a healer if everyone already play one^^)

The hype.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

thing is all the power ranger needed was the Mesmer and ele to get toned down a bit. power rangers are actually super effective right now. my remorseless valk build seems to be the strongest its ever been. it was just a matter of toning down other profs.

The hype.

in Ranger

Leinhart.2981

So for you people are not planning their expansion? Just playing the “new meta”?

The hype.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nicknobreak.7543

Nicknobreak.7543

The hype is super real. Today, I heard that voice in the back of my head again saying, “Screw it dude, just do it.” Now I proudly own the digital legendary version of HoT. So pumped for Druid, you have no idea.

The hype.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

So for you people are not planning their expansion? Just playing the “new meta”?

yeah i think so. there are a lot of veteran rangers just kinda waiting around. i think the top ranger players are happy atm.

i already have an offensive druid build that i think is gonna be strong, as well as a defensive/support variant. but until then I’m enjoying our decent spot on the power creep ladder.

The hype.

in Ranger

Leinhart.2981

I don’t know I’m not sure of the offensive druid builds effectiveness, mostly in PvE. Maybe it could work in PvP… I’m still a little bit puzzled about it^^

Better wait the feedback of this week end I guess!

Still, I’m convinced that people are playing ranger because of the hype of the “dedicated healer”

The hype.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Hype died with whoa for me.

I expect anet to do the same with druid.

Ranger | Elementalist

The hype.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

I don’t know I’m not sure of the offensive druid builds effectiveness, mostly in PvE. Maybe it could work in PvP… I’m still a little bit puzzled about it^^

Still, I’m convinced that people are playing ranger because of the hype of the “dedicated healer”

yeah, definitely pvp. daze forever.

The hype.

in Ranger

Posted by: kzar.3079

kzar.3079

honestly being a healing only spec killed all interest in the druid. it’s just not funny to play healer, not in line with this game and out of character of the base ranger

The hype.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

honestly being a healing only spec killed all interest in the druid. it’s just not funny to play healer, not in line with this game and out of character of the base ranger

try the offensive daze druid for pvp. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJARWnEqAlsgVsCOsAEtil/ADet+WvrLvuMQAopfVD2BjYM-TpgUQAyyAg9HAA

The hype.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

yeah, definitely pvp. daze forever.

They won’t let ranger keep that duration, it would step on someone feelings or cause hurt of the butt kind.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

The hype.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

Don’t post that! someone (wink wink nudge nudge) that hates rangers will see it and nerf it into obscurity. that’s almost the exact same build i’d put together

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

The hype.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vaelkyr.4786

Vaelkyr.4786

Daze Druid is about as far as the excitement goes for me for now. I played a Smite Monk in GW1. Being a dedicated healer is not my thing. So yeah, aside from a daze build like the one mistsim posted, I doubt I’m going to play around with the Druid’s healing ability much.

The hype.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Don’t post that! someone (wink wink nudge nudge) that hates rangers will see it and nerf it into obscurity. that’s almost the exact same build i’d put together

“Rangers” who hate actual Rangers will see it and demand it get nerfed into obscurity. Seriously, I’ve seen way more self proclaimed “Rangers” crying nerf in the last few days than anyone else.

The hype.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

try the offensive daze druid for pvp. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJARWnEqAlsgVsCOsAEtil/ADet+WvrLvuMQAopfVD2BjYM-TpgUQAyyAg9HAA

thanks for that mist I like it