The muddy terrain issue

The muddy terrain issue

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Brought up several times i know.
I have no problem with the effect of the skill but there are better skills to put on its place.
But if muddy terain would have a leap to it like stomp of the warrior has, i would use it just for the gap close. Maybe in addition some short pull in the center of the impact. The rest of the skill could be the same as it is.
This way it could provide cc AND mobility.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

The muddy terrain issue

in Ranger

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

Idk why they even bothered buffing this abomination without reworking anything. It’s literally a pile of kitten. Especially since immob is a joke right now because powercreep. They are slowly buffing the survival skills since 2015, but we won’t see them become meta unless they do something about the garbage troll heal.

The muddy terrain issue

in Ranger

InsaneQR.7412

Idk why they even bothered buffing this abomination without reworking anything. It’s literally a pile of kitten. Especially since immob is a joke right now because powercreep. They are slowly buffing the survival skills since 2015, but we won’t see them become meta unless they do something about the garbage troll heal.

Troll inguent has actually some use because its generating very fast AF, muddy terrain has not.
For troll inguent some protection and regen would be sweet, this would tie into nature magic and wilderness survival traitlines and thus make you tankier while the HoT is ticking. Or resistance, but this could be kitten broken.

Pale Raiders united.

The muddy terrain issue

in Ranger

Posted by: Savvy.3258

Savvy.3258

The buff is welcome and I’ve often debated whether to take this skill or not. It’s the only swappable slot in my build, between spike trap, lightning reflexes and muddy terrain. Last patch it was buffed from 1s to 2s and now to 3s. The problem remains, however, that in that it’s too unreliable: it needs to be instant cast and/or have a bigger radius. Many may qq but with stability being as prevalent as it is, kite ranger is all but dead.

The muddy terrain issue

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

They should just give it entangle and call it a day

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

The muddy terrain issue

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

It’s cast time is why I don’t like it mostly. Is the same thing with vine surge.

The muddy terrain issue

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrury.4627

Chrury.4627

I’ll just pop in here and say that, in my experience, Muddy Terrain is a situational PvE skill more than anything else. When you need to stop/slow mobs from reaching something. Subject 6 oozes and Spirits on Gorsival in particular.

I wouldn’t be against a cast-time reduction for more PvP play but the now 3 seconds immob (6 on Vipers!) is pretty sweet when you need it.

The muddy terrain issue

in Ranger

Posted by: felixdacat.3804

felixdacat.3804

A small pull sounds like a nice addition to this lackluster skill. Way back in the day I used to abuse it before the change to stability. I’d love to run MT again as I enjoy being a CC bot.

The muddy terrain issue

in Ranger

InsaneQR.7412

It’s cast time is why I don’t like it mostly. Is the same thing with vine surge.

I haven’t used it for so long i didnt thought about the terrible cast time ^^’
But yeah with my suggestion it would work like stomp and is therefore instant.

Pale Raiders united.

The muddy terrain issue

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Don’t expect any real changes any time soon.

Svarty.8019:
Are Arenanet unwilling/unable to totally rework abilities or just in number tweaking mode?
Does it take the resources of an expansion budget to totally rework an ability?

Irenio:
We’re able, but it is a question of time tradeoffs.
- Tweaking something requires quite a bit of testing to see that it will not have dangerous consequences.
- Re-working something entirely requires even more testing for those dangerous consequences as well as functionality and potential bugs.
If it is needed and we have the time resource then we’ll do a re-work, but we’ll use tweaks when they’re deemed sufficient.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

The muddy terrain issue

in Ranger

Posted by: felixdacat.3804

felixdacat.3804

Irenio:
We’re able, but it is a question of time tradeoffs.
- Tweaking something requires quite a bit of testing to see that it will not have dangerous consequences.
- Re-working something entirely requires even more testing for those dangerous consequences as well as functionality and potential bugs.
If it is needed and we have the time resource then we’ll do a re-work, but we’ll use tweaks when they’re deemed sufficient.

What this says to me is that some of our skills with ridiculous cast times are going to stay that way indefinitely. Yay.

The muddy terrain issue

in Ranger

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

Add a teleport and stun break. Goes from being one of the least used skills to most used.

The muddy terrain issue

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

Add a teleport and stun break. Goes from being one of the least used skills to most used.

Where should the player crap out the immobilizing “mud”? At the beginning of the teleport, the final location, or both?

LGN

The muddy terrain issue

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Where should the player crap out the immobilizing “mud”? At the beginning of the teleport, the final location, or both?

on the brown bear’s head rofl I tell stupid joke.

The muddy terrain issue

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

on the brown bear’s head rofl I tell stupid joke.

Attachments:

LGN

The muddy terrain issue

in Ranger

Posted by: Karaha.3290

Karaha.3290

How about add a knock down, if target is moving? (work in the same way like immobilize.)
Alternativly add 3s slow?

I think the radius (240) is ok. It’s the same as traps have.

The muddy terrain issue

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

It’s not so much Muddy Terrain as Cripple having been pretty much obsoleted. There are so many ways to mitigate, clear or ignore Cripple that it feels close to useless right now.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

The muddy terrain issue

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

How about add a knock down, if target is moving? (work in the same way like immobilize.)

Perhaps. Slipping on mud is a common occurrence anyway. How many people would take it though if it worked like Engineer’s Slick Shoes where it can knockdown a target for 2s only once, and still pulse cripple?

No to slow, though.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.